University of Central Missouri

« See more reviews of University of Central Missouri

Do what you love. Pay attention to which classes you enjoy. They're a good way to figure out your major and a good place to make friends too. Don't be afraid to change your major. It's growth, not failure. Be brave enough to be yourself, even if you haven't quite figured out who that is yet. It's okay to be impractical. Ask for help - it's okay not to know everything. Most importantly, keep doing what you love.

I was given access to all the information I needed to determine that this was the best choice of schools for me. The staff was very helpful and answered all of the questions my parents and I had. At this point in time, there is nothing I wish I'd known before I came to UCM. I'm very happy here.

I wish I would of known more about the Lee Summit Campus. I would of just been interested in that campus if I would of known I could do most of my degree there. Its easier for me as a full time employee and an elementary school as well as a full time student.

I wish I'd known the ins and outs of the transfer scholarships, I would have applied early and waited a few more months before transferring just so I could get the transfer scholarship.

UCM is great at conveying what their school is about to prospective students. The only thing I wish I had known is how much aid/scholarship UCM provides with better ACT scores.

How small the town really is. If you are super introverted, make friends otherwise you will commonly find yourself a bit bored; you have to make your own fun!

I wish I had known that this school doesn't provide very much help in the Photojournalism area of the Photography program.

I wish I would've known how much of a pain the flight portion of my education could be at times.

Take as many classes as you can the first few semesters so that your last semesters can be easy

I wish I'd known how to be social and have a job at the same time. It's really hard.