University of Central Missouri Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Central Missouri

Latrice

It's awesome, great vibes and affordable!

I think the University of Central Missouri was a great choice for me. It fits my needs really well. The best thing that I like about it is the class sizes because it is about the same size as my regular high school class. I find that the professors are so helpful, and most of them do not have a problem answering questions. Although there are parties sometimes at night, it isn't uncool to not go to them. There are plenty of people who choose not to party.

Morghan

The school looks like a magic wonderlands of recreation as well as academics. What other schools have an airport? I am very excited to be starting school there next august! The class sizes have maybe 25 students per room and the professors are very helpful!

William

The education opportunity at the University of Central Missouri located in Warrensburg, Missouri is a very nice, welcoming, and a open campus experience. Everyone is friendly and open minded to knowledge and are degree oriented. The facilities for continued learning such as tutoring and additional help are all available on campus through a central library called, the James C. Kirkpatric Library. The housing is located very close to campus and the off-campus housing is close enough to walk. Everyone graduates here who wants to learn and study hard and has the drive to become successful in the workplace. There is a lot of team-work focused projects in average class sizes. The focus is to work together as a team and create life-long friendships that will endure for a life-time. While working as a employee team work is very important and is relevant in many courses.

Rylee

I absolutely love the University of Central Missouri. There is a great atmosphere in the town and one especially on campus because at UCM tradition is very important. As a student athlete, there is so much support from the school and town for athletics, it is a great thing to be a part of. On the academics side there's always professors who care and others there to help you succeed. UCM is a great place for those seeking tradition and success,

erin

Almost every teacher I've ever had here took a great interest in helping students learn. The town itself is a little boring but you can always find something to do on the weekends like parties or pine street. The business program is accredited with the same accreditation as Harvard, so you get a great education!

Katherine

I love the class size here. You get to know your professors and most of them really care about your success. I love the school, but I do not like the town it is located in.

Breanna

The University of Central Missouri has been my home for the last 3 years. Professors in your major really care about your success and are willing to do anything to help you. UCM is what most people refer to as a "suitcase college", so many students go home on the weekends meaning that it is difficult for some students to get to know one another as it would be at other colleges. During my time at the University of Central Missouri, I have grown into the women I am today. From professors taking extra time out of their day to speak with me about a topic, I was not understanding to residents in the residence halls asking if some stranger if they wanted to go eat in the dining hall or a random stranger standing out in the middle of campus handing out free coffee during finals week. All of these experiences and then some have contributed to my time at UCM. The University of Central Missouri was my first choice for an undergraduate and I would choose it again if I had the chance.

RICARDO

Has many greet aspects. Surrounded by many greet people, friendly and helpful environment. I just wish I found or was shown the way to help with one of college's cons, tuition. As in out of state student since my plans didn't go one hundred percent all I got thrown in my face was about accepting loans. Nevertheless just like many other colleges what can eliminated other bad stuffs is in the hands of the people. People choice to do wrong people choose to do right.

Mya

If you want to be on a big, diverse campus with a small town, midwestern feel, Central Missouri is the place for you. There are so many different scenes on campus (from a library I get homesick for during breaks to open mic nights to Thirsty Thursday parties shrouded in backlights and neon) that it's pretty much impossible for someone not to find their niche. Throw in affordable tuition and nationally accredited academic programs, and you have next to no reason not to come here.

Essence

I really like it here. There is so much to do and lots of people to meet. Your time is never waisted as long as u like what you're doing. If you don't there are people who are willing to help you figure it out. This school is what you make of it and you should make the most of your money.

lena

The University of Central Missouri, from an art major standpoint, an overall great school. We are an accredited art school, which is huge since most other schools around the area (minus Art Institutions) aren't. The foundations programs are super helpful (stressful, but will get you to progress quickly). They also bring you plenty of opportunities to meet other artist around the Kansas City area such as Grant Kratzer, JT Daniels, and Erin Dodson. On campus living is super nice, as long as you don't live in Ellis, Houts/Hosey have the best dorms plus you don't have to go outside to get to the Todd Dining hall which is litty. Its a beautiful campus and lots of food options on or near campus. TL;DR: Good art program, Houts is the best, lots of opprotunities and don't drink the water here, it sucks.

ansonia

I absolutely love UCM! It's close enough to home that I can visit my family often, but far enough that I can still feel independent. The campus is medium sized, so it's easy to navigate while maintaining the big school feel. There is also a surprising amount of diversity and opportunity for the student body. Overall, I love this school!

Kaylee

I absolutely love this campus. I have visited over three times even though I already chose to attend this school for the fall of 2017. I love the size for the college with a small college feel. There is so much to get involved in when you are not studying. There is a great small old town that suits the college well. It is well worth the trip. I am glad I made this choice, I am proud to be a Mule. #choosered

Elyssa

The University of Central Missouri is a great place to not only earn a degree but also make lasting friendships, get out of your comfort zone, and get involved with the community. Everyone on campus is so nice and welcoming from the professors in the classrooms to the students in the dorms. Everyone on campus really cares about the student's success, and they will do everything they can to make sure students thrive. It's a great place to go to school, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good college.

Caitlyn

This is a great school. I transferred in because I didn't want to dorm there and it was cheaper for me to commute. People are always willing to talk and make friends, the campus is very friendly, and there are plenty of opportunities for career advancement or extracurricular activities. One thing that is frustrating is that they have 'misplaced' paperwork for me before, which can vary from a health form to a 30 hours of observation form or FAFSA notifications. The facilities are extremely clean and useful, but there's no free printing so that's a bummer. There are very few affordable, healthy food options on campus, but the town is full of places to eat all in walking or very short driving distances. The teachers are all very nice and approachable, and some are exceptionally hard graders but they are always willing to help.

Shana

The University of Central Missouri for a student who wants to experience the college life but not is overwhelmed by it. It's a small enough university where you could get one-on-one learning experience if you apply yourself but, its also big enough wear theres is always something going on.

michael

I love going to UCM; great academics and great professors. I feel I can be very successful here and know when I am done my degree and college will help me land my dream job.

It is a great school to go to.

Madeliene

My experience with the school as a whole has not been a bad one. The professors are pretty easy going and most understand that you are a busy college student trying to keep afloat. The financial office is just as equally understanding. They are easy to work with and politely give you a call or email you saying that you need to pay your bills soon before you get a hold on your account. The staff in the dining areas are polite and respectful. They try their hardest to have a unique relationship with has may students as possible. Sometimes they even remember your name before some of your professors do. They also try to engage in conversation with students when they can. That all being said, I wish that housing had some way to be matched up with someone that you will actually get along with. I have been here for a year and one month and have already gone through two roommates and don't seem to be getting along with the third. Great school academic wise, not great on the social part for me.

Katherine

UCM is a great school at a great price. The teachers in my degree program are always available and hold high standards. Their main goal is to see their students succeed. It is a smaller college but it has allowed to more one on one time with teachers.

Catherine

I am enjoying my time here at the University of Central Missouri. I like the classes and the professors. The other students are usually friendly and easy to talk to if you need something. The campus is easy to navigate, and I like how the University has a SAFE team that will walk you somewhere on campus late at night if you do not feel safe.

Briley

Other than the dining hall food and the choice of on campus housing, UCM is a wonderful school.The professors are great and answer any questions anyone may have. The rec center is beautiful and a great place to workout in. The student union always has something going on for students to enjoy. The campus looks astonishing thanks to the grounds keeper. UCM also has multiple choices of therapy for students which proves that UCM cares about their students.

Bailey

A lot of people get flack for choosing UCM over fancier colleges, but honestly, I love it here. It has a small town feel with big university opportunities. Most of the professors are great and are there for you. Student activities are extremely involved on campus and there are tons of leadership opportunities. Plus, it's cheaper than almost any of the colleges around. Go Mules!

Addison

While looking for colleges, I came across UCM. I instantly knew I wanted to come here. So we planned a visit, once I was there, I was for sure applying. Once I got my acceptance letter, I couldn’t be anymore happy. That campus is beautiful, it’s what made me fall in love. The staff is amazing. They always made me feel welcome. I can’t wait to be there in the fall!

Jubril Bakare

Very great school with top notch teaching techniques. Commendable student to lecturer classroom ratio. Great campus facilities and activities. Conducive learning environment as well as accessible lecturers always willing to assist. Reasonable tuition compared to other schools

Auhnna

UCM is a great small school for homebodies. If you live in Missouri and are just looking to go to college but stay close to home this is the school. The cost to live is reasonably priced don't feel like you have to take out a loan to live. Very good teacher student communications. I am excited to be a Mule.

Kara

I attended UCM for the last two years of my Bachelor's and am again attending (online). I loved my professors at UCM while I was there. I continue to enjoy the one's I have had in my online classes as well. The professors are always willing to answer questions. The teachers also respond quickly to questions. My brother also attend UCM, but was more into the frat life and party scene they have.

Magaly

Everyone is very friendly and willing to help you out. Housing is great. Classes are anywhere f from20-30 students. Food is good. Professors are available during office hours and sometimes after hours. Overall the UCM has a great campus and great people.

Kathryn

I went to UCM for a year, and I stayed in the dorms. There were plenty of opportunities available. The school is extremely nice, especially considering how small Warrensburg is. I particularly love the library, but most all other facilities on campus were beautifully renovated. The classes were normal for a mid-sized college. I would recommend it for those who live around Missouri.

Essence

The University Of Central Missouri is a good school but just make sure it works it for you. Make sure that you are going to spend the money and like it. When you come on a campus visit talk to people who aren't tal=king you on the tour. They will give you the real feel of the school.

Wynter

This particular campus is home for me. I have classes in one building, the instructors are available both in person and via email, and if you have an issue, there's always someone around with an answer to your question. The student associations are very prominent and you can find them set up in the cafe and on the quad. Everyone's welcome.

Adam

I came to University of Central Missouri, because it's a smaller university in a small town. I did this to keep me focused on my studies since I'm not much of a partier. So far, I have two favorite professors. One of them teaches Public Speaking and her name is Kelsie Howard. The other teaches Introduction to International Studies and his name is Mickael Makara. These two are always on top when it comes to getting us all involved.

Asia

All of my professors are highly intelligent and passionate about what they do. They are ALWAYS willing to help you to what ever degree you need. If you can't make their office hours they will schedule time around you. The weekends are a little dead however because of kids going home. however during the week, campus is lively and fun. There are always events going on the Union. We have a HUGE library that is open a majority of the time, as well as an up-to-date recreation center that is free to go to. If you ever stay out too late you can call Public Safety and they will walk you to wherever you need to go! (even though I feel pretty safe walking around at night.) The dorm halls are nice, they have AC and heat and most have elevators! We have Jack and Jill styled bathrooms so no running down the halls in towels. Don't live in Ellis though, the food sucks and its loud and crowed. Fitz doesn't have an elevator. Houts/Hosey is the most up-to-date, has step-in closets and is connected to the Todd dining hall so if you don't want to walk outside to get food you don't have to. (Houts/Hosey is the best tbh)

Marina

I grew up in the town that the University of Central Missouri is at. When I grew up here I never really thought much about UCM as a whole, just that it was always so busy in town when school was in. I always knew it was the school I would go to because it was the closest to home and my friends, I never really thought about if it was a good school or not. Now that I am going to the University, when I walk around I really acknowledge how beautiful and well kept it is. UCM is a really nice school and offers so many things for so many different people. We have a lot of foreigners that come to school here and we really invite people in and have so many options for them to participate. We also offer so many extracurricular such as a library to study in, a big gym to workout in, clubs to join, ect. UCM really is a wonderful school with so many ways to get involved and so many delightful classes to take.

Heather

This college is one of the best I have attended. It can take a little while to get used to the number of people there are in one place. The professors are very nice and always willing to help, and the school is very understanding. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Sage

Overall the University of Central Missouri is a great university with plenty of opportunities to get involved. The atmosphere is nice and the other students and faculty are extremely friendly and helpful. The teachers care a lot about their students and how well they are doing and it really shows in class and out of class.

Abigail

My mom is a professor at UCM! I love it! I cannot wait to attend! My mom is an alumni, too! So, I am walking in her foot steps! I think it will be so much fun to be UCM Jennie! The university values the culture of the students! I look forward to earning my degree at UCM!

Jasmine

The University of Central Missouri is very small and a fantastic learning environment. The teachers are easy to talk to and are there to teach you. I really like the convenience of restaurants on campus and very close by. There is always something going on and something new to try! If I had one complaint it would be that there is very little public transportation but being a small town I understand why there isn't a lot.

Lacee

When I was applying here, I didn't really look into the campus, I just knew they had a great program for my major. This is my second semester here, and It actually feels like home. I never want to go home on the weekends, and if I do, I always want to come back as soon as possible. UCM is a great campus. There is so many chances that you have to get involved with clubs, GREEK life, sports teams, etc. I feel like even though there is a thousands of people on this campus, we are like a big happy family,

Carter

My overall opinion for the University of Central Missouri(UCM) is pretty good. While I have not personally taken any of the classes down at their main campus the classrooms are very nice and when I visited over the summer they were updating and upgrading some of the outdated classrooms. The large lecture halls are comfortable to have class in while still providing plenty of seats for students. The dorms on campus are two rooms with the capacity of two people connected with a shared bathroom. The rooms provide ample bed space but the provided desk space is a little crowded. With the in room desk space being a little crowded they have a large common rooms at the end of each hallway that make up it. My experience with the classes at ucm have been great. I have taken a few classes at Lee’s Summit campus. The classes I have taken at the Lee’s Summit classes have not had very many people in them and the instructors have been very responsive and professional. UCM is one of the few colleges in my area that provide a bachelor's degree in cyber security. Few colleges provide degrees for cyber security and having UCM be close really excited me. The work field of cybersecurity is upcoming and increasingly becoming more and more important. My overall experience has been great, the only thing I would have to complain about would be the financial aid help. The financial aid director was a recent hire and did not know UCM financial aid specific questions. He was helpful with general finical aid questions but could not answer questions about UCM.

Antionna

My overall opinion of the University of Central Missouri, is that it is very nice. I been there for 2 years and can honestly say that i have been receiving a good education. The professors are very helpful and reply quickly. The provide lot of different ways you can get help. I also like that its a very friendly environment and others are always willing to help whenever you need something.

Aaliyah

The University of Central Missouri is an amazing college. My first impression of walking outside of the school was "this is the college for me." I overall like the way the school looked it was very startling and up to date. They have activities and entertainment that will keep you busy and enjoy your time while you are there. They have an amazing business program for students like me, and they also provide internships, which really caught my eye. They also have a couple of fast food restaurants, this is beneficial because this offers employment for students. Unlike some colleges, UCM allows freshman to drive on campus, which I think it makes it easier for everyone to get where they need to go without a hassle. This school has stood out compared to the other schools that I have visited, such as cheaper tuition, nicer and safer facility. UCM really cares about their students. They have unlimited programs you can join to help you study or help you more likely to pass a class. That's why I hope to finish my degree at this school because I really love and enjoy going to the University of Central Missouri.

Morgan

UCM is a great school with an amazing environment. Being in a smaller town means there is not always much to do, but students always find something to do. This school is big on academics, and it shows with most of the students. Safety is also a big concern here. UCM is a great campus that helps students bask in their college days. The Mules and Jennies are the best. GO UCM!

Samuel

It's an alright school. I think it is a good place to go for any degree. Not really the best place to go if you want to get involved in a lot of stuff. We have things to get involved in, but I don't think the groups themselves get involved a lot. I don't hear about a lot of things going on around campus. The on campus housing isn't that great either.

Laura

I love the University of Central Missouri. It is such a great school, the school balances academic and sports, as well as getting the arts some love. The campus is the perfect size for someone who is looking for a big and small school all in one area. The students and advisers are both really supportive and helpful of your future at this school.

The campus is beautiful and the amount of food choices you are able to choose from on campus is a plus and walking distance, everything is not too far. The students are mostly all friendly and are always trying to encourage one another to do good and stay on track to graduate.

Jordyn

Being an African American attending a PWI institution, I was extremely nervous. With University of Central Missouri being located in a small town where everyone was pretty much dependable on the university, my insight quickly changed when I saw how the community interacted with one another. Classes weren't extremely large, so everyone got along pretty well. While attending UCM, I feel safe and protected.

Gabriella

The University of Central Missouri is centered around its students. My favorite part about the school is that they have free laundry rooms so students living on campus don't have to pay for laundry. My least favorite thing, as well as other's least favorite thing in any college ever, is being in debt. But it's fixable as long as you're alive for the next hundred years. If you want a normal college experience and a somewhat affordable education choose Red, the college will be sure to take care of you in the best possible way they can.

Tailor

I didn’t think I would like the school but I love it now . It has its days but I love the school and there is never a dull moment here. People are always active on campus and there are many organizations and things to get involved in on campus . Most people I have talked to are very friendly as well.