Edmond, OK
University of Central Oklahoma

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Oklahoma

My classmates can be describe as unique, each and everyone of them is different. They are all from a different back ground, and a lot of them from different countries and cultures.

Knowing what I know now about the college transition I would tell myself to take more concurrent classes so I could get more of my credits out of the way. I would also tell myself to apply for more scholarships because it is always smart to be prepared and have money for your schooling. I would tell myself to be as involved as I can and to make everything I do fun, because school is shcool and it is what you make of it.

The worst thing about the University of Central Oklahoma is that if you are not involved in greek life you basically don't exist.

Brandon

Do not wait until the last minute is one of the many phrases you'll be hearing and is undoubtedly the most accurate. Once you graduate things will only get harder, especially financial wise. You'll be presented with several oppotunities to apply for scholarship programs that will be beneficial towards paying for college. I told myself "oh, i have plenty of time to this before i graduate." now I'm struggling to pay for my first semester, this is not something that can be done with the snap of your fingers. Another thing would be not to hesistate, I had to re-take the ACT because I missed it by 1 point, but ultimately decided not to because I knew money was tight. If i had decided to pay, then I would probably not be in the situation I'm in right now. So what I'm trying to say is never let yourself waver because of money issues, always take the chance because by doing so it could potentially be one of your greatest assets. Always remember that by spending a little now, will lead to prosperity in the near future. Be wise in making your decisions.

I would tell myself to join National Honors Society, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, STUCO, and a few more of the other clubs Piedmont High School offered. Although I was very involved in the sports, musicals, and yearbook, the other organizations and clubs would also help my transcipt and resume. I would have told myself to volunteer more often and step out of my comfort zone.

I think the best thing about my school is the class size; the class sizes are about the size of high school classes. I would also have to say how the professors care about their students and helping them network.

I do not think that there is not a single person who should not attend the University of Central Oklahoma. I say this because the professors offer a ton of help to their students and there is also tutors available.

Kristina

I would say to think harder about where I wanted to go in life so I could choose the more appropriate way to get there.

What the town was like... It turned out to be all rich, stuck up people and most of the students are local.

it's not that great for introverts. The school pushes the professors to focus on group work and class presentations which are very stressful for shy people.

Marisa

As of now, I will not be attending the University of Central Oklahoma next year. While many students love UCO, I never felt comfortable there. Unlike many universities, there is not much of a campus community. It is fairly difficult to meet other people outside of classes due to the majority of students being commuters. However, many of my fellow students loved UCO because it is in the middle of Oklahoma and within driving distance from all cities.

I do not regret anything that has happened in the past, however I always think of how interesting it would be to see how I would have turned out had I known in high school the things I know now. I've learned a lot during my first year of college. I now understand that I don't need to worry about every little thing. We are not in control of everything. Dwelling on mistakes will only lead to more stress. College is much more difficult than high school and mistakes are going to happen. Any who try to reach perfection will only be let down in the end, for perfection is unattainable. I graduated high school with a 4.0 and receieved my first "B" this past year. I was upset at first, but I realized that I should focus on the positive rather than the negative. I had worked hard all of high school and never made below an "A." That's something to be proud of! If I could go back to my senior year, I would tell myself that everything will turn out okay and that looking on the bright side is vital to college survival.

Keisha

This school is full of possibilities because it is so diverse and has so many options and avenues to take.

If I could go back I would tell myself to start applying for scholarships early and then to apply for as many as I can find and that I qualify for. Secondly, I would encourage myself to go for it. Apply for more universities, including those states away; follow my heart in my degree of study; and I'd tell myself that it's okay to try out different majors, this way I'll be more secure in the one I feel is right for me. I'd tell myself to continue to value my roots, but to not be afraid to fly :)

I wish that I had known how good of a school it was when I graduated from high school. I did not start out at this school. I ended transferring here and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do coming out of high school. So, I ended up going to the school that my best friend attended. It was a nice school, but oit wan't until I transferred to UCO that I started to realize my own potential to achieve my own goals.

Chanika

I would said my classmates were caring, helpful and we work together as a team.

I would said my classmates were caring, helpful and we work together as a team.

I would tell myself that it is going to be a long battle, you will go through some tough times on your job as well with school. It may seem like a long struggle but there is a light at the end of tunnel and you will become a person you want to become.

I would said nothing was the worst thing about this school, as it may have been ways to drive to school each day it was worth the effort to finish up to get a good education. As UCO was a school that I dream of attending when I was little I am so proud of myself as I have live out my dreams by going to this school. This school has a beautiful environment with excellent professors who actually care about thier students, I personally have a long-term stable relationship with some of my old professor, as of today.

Khia

If I could talk to my high school senior self there are three major things I would tell myself. The first would be, take more challenging classes. The classes I took senior year did not prepare me for the work load I would face in college and did not help me gain the study habits I would need to be the most successful in college. The second thing would be to get more involved in student activities. I was in some activities like National Honor Society, Yearbook, and Newspaper but I think it would have helped me greatly when applying for scholarships had I been involved in more activities. One activity I would have gotten involved in is FCCLA; however, I did understand what it was really about so it was not something I looked into in depth. One other thing I would tell myself is, volunteer more outside of school. I believe this would have assisted me not only in applying for scholarships but also in creating relationships which I have learned in college that it is something very important. While I cannot go back I can still do these things while preparing for graduate school and my career.

I feel that anyone would feel welcomed at this school

The teachers are friendly and seem to really care about students and are typically avalable in a timely manner. class sizes are perfect. Library stays open until 2am. There are computer labs in every building with free printers

University of Central Oklahoma administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.