Edmond, OK
University of Central Oklahoma

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Oklahoma

Molly

I wouldn't give much advice except for to let myself know that it's only school and to not get overly stressed. I thought college was going to be this big, scary monster, and I really let it hold me back my first semester. If that's the advice I could give myself and all incoming freshmen, I would give it a million times over.

An open minded, laid back person who is supportive or indifferent to different cultures and orientations of people. Someone who seeks smaller classroom sizes with more one-on-one time with professors and a more personal education.

It is a fairly liberal school in Oklahoma, with many different kinds of people. The classroom sizes are smaller so you are able to receive more attention from professors if you seek it. Most of the people attending are outgoing and friendly, typically open minded individuals. The campus is beautiful without being too big and spread out.

Drew

My classmates are very diverse and most of them will help you of they can.

My classmates are very diverse and most of them will help you of they can.

Get back in the chair and learn a lot more math. Learn Algebra, Trigonometry, and Calculus like the back of your hand and then get into the sciences. Stop focusing on what you think so much because it narrows your vision of how things work in the world.

Someone looking to get a degree in liberal studies. The math department is getting better but took a major dive this past year.

Heather

The class sizes were small and you had majority of the same students block through your major classes with you. You got to know your classmates well.

It was that holy cow moment; I realized that in just two years I would be graduating college. What was going to happen to me after that diploma? Would I continue to spend hours watching reruns on TV, playing volleyball with frat boys, and checking Facebook every half hour? It was time to redirect my focus; my whole future was ahead of me and I had all intentions of making it a successful one. My adult mindset took front seat; I began a conservative financial plan and a future focus education, I finally understood their importance. My regret, why did I wait to practice this frame of mind? I would love to chat with my 18 year old self; I would simplify what took years to learn: 1. Don’t spend money frivolously, most stuff you won’t want in a year, save instead. 2. Start internships early. Practice networking and relationships because those will be valuable in the end. 3. Focus on what is important now, why wait? How were any actions of my younger self of relevance to my future? Well here it is again, that holy cow moment, because everything you do can reflect a brighter future.

Joshua

Nothing will ever be as simple as it is today. Once highschool is over everything will change. School will become very important and will be taken into consideration in everything you do. Do not ever take this time for granted and enjoy the time you have with your family because when you move away to college you will miss them, no exceptions. College life is exhausting, you will eat the same cheap food everyday and sleep in a tiny bed in a tiny room. This might sound scary or upsetting but it is not all bad. All in all college is great. It is a wonderful place where you will meet new wonderful people as well as familiar ones that you will spend time with all going through the same experiences. At your home away from home friends are who you have to rely on. When you get down and need some help they will be there because you will be there for them when they need you. Have fun and enjoy yourself but keep on top of you work because school is your future and the better you do in school the better your life will be.

Kasi

Very goal orriented people.

Very goal orriented people.

Small campus with a big University mentality. Very caring faculty and staff.

I would have told myself to do a better job of seeking scholarships and other financial aid. I also would have told myself to get involved with more organizations as a Freshman & to utilize the tutors available.

Cynthia

All round, has pretty amazing professors who are willing to help, campus is beautiful, people are very friendly there, and class sizes are the perfect size!

I would tell myself to apply for many many many scholarships because finding a job is not easy and scholarships are not just handed down without working for them. Finances play a big role in attending college, especially if you are going to live on campus. I would also tell myself that the transition is hard at first, but change is a good thing. Make many friends and really study for classes, even if that means meeting up with other people from class. If the best you could do was a C in a class, take that and move on becaus as long as you gave your best, it doesn't really matter. Just make sure you work harder in your other classes to make up for the C. I would definitely tell myself to make sure I had a job so that way my parents would not constantly remind me that I need a job. Work hard in all you do and have fun as well. Live life to the fullest and be prepared for a challenge.

The worst thing is that the school doesn't give out very many scholarships. It is a very good school, it just does not have sufficient funding for prospective students. Most of the funds that they do get goes toward athletics.

Eric

Take as many challenging courses as possible while in high school. Take ACT/SAT prep workshops to improve test scores to increase chances for scholarships. Learn how to balance academic and social life better.

Trying to work and go to school full time is frustrating.

Ashlea

The University of Central Oklahoma is a great school to grow in.

The University of Central Oklahoma is a great school to grow in.

Each person is different., some are outgoing, some are quiet, but almost always all are genuinely nice.

The growth experiance from my college is invaluable. There are most definitely not any precise words to describe the transition. Thanks to my college I have grown into the woman I have always wanted to be and am still growing. College has tested my faith, my relationships, my integrity, and always my knowledge. My college is a great place to grow.

Jordan

Everyone is really friendly. They are all open to helping each other out! I like them all.

I have learned a lot in college. The biggest things are to study, get invovled, and don't give up. I have been blessed with wonderful teachers and friends that I have met out here. I am getting a wonderful education that is going to be very helpful in the future.

A little bit of everyone comes to UCO. Its a good school for people who don't want to go to a huge school but also don't want to go to a small school. There is everything from business to teaching to dance and preforming arts.

Torrie

I have gotten so much out of my college experience so far! I chose to attend college in order to find out what I'd really like to do career wise, get a degree, and of course, be able to get a better job. I've met so many amazing people who have had a great impact on my life and will always be my friends. Through my part time job on campus I am learning more about what I can do with my major and it's helping me figure out what I would enjoy doing as a career. I was in a sorority but unfortunately had to drop because of finances, however during my time in it I made many friends and got much more involved on campus and around the community. These are just a few of the many reasons why I believe it is very valuable to go to college. Not only for the academics but also for the networking, friends, and opportunities to become a more well-rounded person though campus activites, volunteering, jobs and various other things. My college experience has been great so far and I believe it will continue to be.

The worst thing about my school is the internet connection. On campus computers it's great, but on laptops you have to log in to their network and sometimes it takes forever to connect or may not even connect at all, and occasionally it will kick you off and make you sign in again which is extrememly frustrating. It usually works just fine but when it isn't working it's terrible.

Everything! However the best thing may just be the campus in general. It's a big school with a small feeling, the class size is perfect, it's always neat and clean and I have yet to meet a faculty or staff member who isn't super nice. It's a pretty place with tons of friendly people and I love it!

University of Central Oklahoma administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.