Edmond, OK
University of Central Oklahoma

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Oklahoma

Marisa

As of now, I will not be attending the University of Central Oklahoma next year. While many students love UCO, I never felt comfortable there. Unlike many universities, there is not much of a campus community. It is fairly difficult to meet other people outside of classes due to the majority of students being commuters. However, many of my fellow students loved UCO because it is in the middle of Oklahoma and within driving distance from all cities.

I do not regret anything that has happened in the past, however I always think of how interesting it would be to see how I would have turned out had I known in high school the things I know now. I've learned a lot during my first year of college. I now understand that I don't need to worry about every little thing. We are not in control of everything. Dwelling on mistakes will only lead to more stress. College is much more difficult than high school and mistakes are going to happen. Any who try to reach perfection will only be let down in the end, for perfection is unattainable. I graduated high school with a 4.0 and receieved my first "B" this past year. I was upset at first, but I realized that I should focus on the positive rather than the negative. I had worked hard all of high school and never made below an "A." That's something to be proud of! If I could go back to my senior year, I would tell myself that everything will turn out okay and that looking on the bright side is vital to college survival.

Keisha

This school is full of possibilities because it is so diverse and has so many options and avenues to take.

If I could go back I would tell myself to start applying for scholarships early and then to apply for as many as I can find and that I qualify for. Secondly, I would encourage myself to go for it. Apply for more universities, including those states away; follow my heart in my degree of study; and I'd tell myself that it's okay to try out different majors, this way I'll be more secure in the one I feel is right for me. I'd tell myself to continue to value my roots, but to not be afraid to fly :)

I wish that I had known how good of a school it was when I graduated from high school. I did not start out at this school. I ended transferring here and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do coming out of high school. So, I ended up going to the school that my best friend attended. It was a nice school, but oit wan't until I transferred to UCO that I started to realize my own potential to achieve my own goals.

Chanika

I would said my classmates were caring, helpful and we work together as a team.

I would said my classmates were caring, helpful and we work together as a team.

I would tell myself that it is going to be a long battle, you will go through some tough times on your job as well with school. It may seem like a long struggle but there is a light at the end of tunnel and you will become a person you want to become.

I would said nothing was the worst thing about this school, as it may have been ways to drive to school each day it was worth the effort to finish up to get a good education. As UCO was a school that I dream of attending when I was little I am so proud of myself as I have live out my dreams by going to this school. This school has a beautiful environment with excellent professors who actually care about thier students, I personally have a long-term stable relationship with some of my old professor, as of today.

Khia

If I could talk to my high school senior self there are three major things I would tell myself. The first would be, take more challenging classes. The classes I took senior year did not prepare me for the work load I would face in college and did not help me gain the study habits I would need to be the most successful in college. The second thing would be to get more involved in student activities. I was in some activities like National Honor Society, Yearbook, and Newspaper but I think it would have helped me greatly when applying for scholarships had I been involved in more activities. One activity I would have gotten involved in is FCCLA; however, I did understand what it was really about so it was not something I looked into in depth. One other thing I would tell myself is, volunteer more outside of school. I believe this would have assisted me not only in applying for scholarships but also in creating relationships which I have learned in college that it is something very important. While I cannot go back I can still do these things while preparing for graduate school and my career.

I feel that anyone would feel welcomed at this school

The teachers are friendly and seem to really care about students and are typically avalable in a timely manner. class sizes are perfect. Library stays open until 2am. There are computer labs in every building with free printers

TaVon

If i could go back in time to give advice to myself, I would tell myself that I have to separate fun time from study time. It is hard to succeed in college if you party more than you study. You also have to know how to study. It would be better to study for periods of time instead of one big study session. You must also go over the notes and read the books mutliple times. College is not all about studying though. You will have a lot of time to hang out with your friends and party on the weekends. Don't do it too much though. If you fall behind in classes it is very hard to catch up. Schedule your classes around a time where you will perform your best in the classroom. If your not a morning person then schedule your classes in the afternoon or evening. Showing up late to classes can hurt your grade. Especially if there is a quiz at the begining of class. Remember, have fun in college but remember what you are there for. The main goal is to get that degree. Stay focused and good luck.

I would say to apply for more scholarships, beacuse it is very difficult to do eighteen hours of classes and a twenty hour work study job. You do not have to worry about fitting in, this is not like high school where there is a "popular crowd". Everyone here is so different from one another that it works. Do not stress about clarinet auditions, they only happen once a semester. And above all, be happy. College is the best thing you will experience as of yet.

To attend UCO, you must be open to diversity. A good percentage of the student population are foreighn exchange students, in training for the paraolympics, etc. The campus is flooded with different languages, accents, and cultures. If you love this kind of atmosphere, this would be a great school to look into.

Shannon

Please believe in yourself and your dreams. You can do anything if you stay focussed on your goals. Don't let friends or family talk you out of your dreams because they think they know you better than yourself. Only you know what is in your heart. Take the time to reflect on yuour choices to be sure they will help you achieve what it is you want. It's O.K. to let your hair down once in a while, but you have to get right back in the ring and keep fighting for your dreams. Try not to get too bogged down in debt by your education and don't let the price tag keep you from pursuing your higher education. Apply for scholarships! Ask for help if you don't already know how to do so. Most importantly be true to yourself and your values. College should be the best time of your life. Explore your options. You can't know what you want if you don't know what is out there!

Molly

I wouldn't give much advice except for to let myself know that it's only school and to not get overly stressed. I thought college was going to be this big, scary monster, and I really let it hold me back my first semester. If that's the advice I could give myself and all incoming freshmen, I would give it a million times over.

An open minded, laid back person who is supportive or indifferent to different cultures and orientations of people. Someone who seeks smaller classroom sizes with more one-on-one time with professors and a more personal education.

It is a fairly liberal school in Oklahoma, with many different kinds of people. The classroom sizes are smaller so you are able to receive more attention from professors if you seek it. Most of the people attending are outgoing and friendly, typically open minded individuals. The campus is beautiful without being too big and spread out.

Drew

My classmates are very diverse and most of them will help you of they can.

My classmates are very diverse and most of them will help you of they can.

Get back in the chair and learn a lot more math. Learn Algebra, Trigonometry, and Calculus like the back of your hand and then get into the sciences. Stop focusing on what you think so much because it narrows your vision of how things work in the world.

Someone looking to get a degree in liberal studies. The math department is getting better but took a major dive this past year.

University of Central Oklahoma administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.