Edmond, OK
University of Central Oklahoma

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Oklahoma

Cindy

It was the first school with an emphasis on teaching education. Because of this, it is still considered one of the best universities in Oklahoma for an education major. The campus is beautiful and the instructors are very helpful. Classes are smaller than other Oklahoma Universities, which enables a more direct approach from instructors. Advisors are very informative and helpful, as well as very professional and kind. You are treated like a person and not a number. It is clear that a wonderful education will be received.

If I had the opportunity to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to follow my instincts and follow my original dreams. The transition to college life really is not that scary and there are far more frightening and difficult things out in the work world. Having a bachelor's degree while looking for a job would open more doors of opportunity in the working world. A college degree offers a whole other level of respect in the workplace and leadership positions might possibly arise quicker than without a degree. The opportunity to fully experience college life is wonderful. I would tell myself, "Experience Greek Life, get involved with campus events, join an organization, study hard, and have fun. It really is the best times of your life and enjoy them."

Anyone that is interested in being a teacher, should definately consider attending. If you prefer smaller classes with the opportunity to participate, this university could be for you. The university has a diverse group enrollment of students and there are plenty of opportunities for the person that loves to get involved with organizations or volunteering. Leadership opportunities are available, as well.

Kari

The most importnat thing I could tell myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now, is my academic achievements in high school in no way predict my academic achievements in collage. Once in collage, I can be as successful as I want to be because I am in charge of my life and coursework and the pace at which I chose to complete my education. In high school I made good grades, but never had the opportunity to excel because my home life was consumed with raising my two baby brothers. When I entered collage I did not consider myself an intelligent person, but to my surprise, with dedication to my studies, I found I could master any course I took! Now, as a junior, I am considering applying to medical school to become a doctor. In high school I never would have dreamed of a medical career as a possibility! High school success should not dictate your success in collage, nor should it be used to measure your true potential.

This school seems to have a large amount of adjunct teachers. While there are some that take their job as an adjunct seriously and are quality teachers, most just meet the minimum requirements to get a little extra cash. If you are serious about your future and need to learn the material in order to do well in more advanced classes, this can be detrimental to your educational goals.

Students expecting a university setting seen in popular movies should not attend this university. The population is relatively small compared to other major universityies in this state. This is also not a football collage. Academics are the main focus at this university. Athletics are just recreational and not highly emphasized. Being the president of one of the many academic clubs will make you a more recognizable student than being the star quarterback or head cheerleader.

Stacy

I would tell myself to look ahead farther than just the next semester and see the big picture and what all was required for my chosen career goals, not just my degree. I would also want to tell myself to look at more colleges before choosing one and that it was more than just a school, but a preparation for life and a home away from home, pick a place you can live and learn.

I wish I had known about ratemyprofessor.com.

The worst thing about my school is that some of the professors don't really seem to know how to teach the things they are supposed to be teaching, but it is just a few of many, most are very good.

Stephen

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior. I would tell myself that drugs and alcohol are not the right decion to make. You need to apply youself and go to callege cause it is a very tough would without an education. The world will not give you what you need and you have to go out and earn what you want in life not just have things givin to you. I would also tell myself that i know what is going to happen if you keep doing what you are doing and it is not very healthy and you can die from what you are doing to yourself. i would also tell myself to study hard and go to college not to go to work it is not worth it. If you want to make the big bucks finish and get the job you want and deserve. So you can provide for your future family. It will make life a lot easier to understand and get through if you have the right education. If i did not listen i would beat myself up till i understood. Thank you for listining to me.

Kelsey

My school provides a learning environment with state of the art equipment. We have young, experienced professors and faculty. The environment is casual which makes school way more fun and way less intimidating. My school provides plenty of opportunities for us to get experience in our field of study to help further our resume.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would have a lot to say. It would probably come in form of a song because that is what I tend to respond best to. I would tell myself to never give up. A lot of people will say a lot of things but just because they say it does not mean it is true. I would also tell myself to never compromise my standards. It doesn't matter if it is to further a relationship or to further school, stick to what you believe and you will have a lot less regret. Another important thing would be to tell myself to always make time for my family, having that stability will be crucial through your next few years. Savor what you have, those relationships will not always last. Most importantly I would tell myself to be who God created you to be, don't change for anyone or for any reason! You are beautiful, and you have the love of an everlasting Savior, never ever forget that!

My school is best known for it's education program. We supply many teachers. Also, we are known for our new music program. The program is good for many music carreers and is run by current band managers.

My school is one filled with school spirt, that may not be welcoming at first, but filled with people that help others suceed not only in their education but also in their life.

I would tell myself that I need to toughen up and become less dependent on my family and more dependent on myself, because in college I am going to live in a dorm room and have to do things for myself, there will be no mommy there to save or help me. I would also tell myself that I need to get out of my shell, and really learn how to open up to others and get many new friends that have all different kinds of backgrounds and are from all parts of the school-whether they be from band, preps, orchestra, jocks, druggies, gothic?s, or whatever. I need to learn how to know people and let them know me. That way I can have more friends, and not be so lonely in college. I would remind myself that not everything is always going to turn out the way I want it to and I just need to let things go, and go with the flow, and not get so worked up over things.

My school is very hard to get adjusted to. I came from being in the same public school system since I was in first grade, to a college in another city that I barely knew anything about. When I got to college it was like I was on the outside of a window looking in. I was very scared of everything, and people were just as scared as me, so they were not very out going or friendly. I felt like no one liked me.

Leith

The University of Central Oklahoma is most known for being the first university in Oklahoma having been opened in 1891 as a school for teachers. UCO is also known for having the most diverse student population.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself I would advise takeing as many concurrent classes as I could, and I would also tell myself to apply for every scholarship that is available to help alleviate the pain of paying for higher education. In the end my biggest problem was finding a college I really felt comfortable applying to, and to solve this I would tell my past self to talk an advisor and see if they would be able to recommend any schools for me to apply to.

When I brag about UCO I talk about how we have the best ratio of teachers to students, and how it has very affordable tuition cost.

justin

I would go back and tell myself not to slack off my senior year. That truly hurts your education. You forget a lot and college that first year was a big review. I would tell myself to take more concurrent enrollment classes or advanced placement classes. If you are good at tests then this is the way to go because it is way cheaper than college. I would also tell myself to save up money. Not only is college expensive but being around friends and all the places and things to do around college is expensive.

I really dont wish for anything different. It is a great place to be and the campus is nice and the teachers are very helpful

I would have to say the parking. Unless you get here at 7:30 in the morning you are not going to find a good spot to park. And no matter where you park you still have a 5-10 minute walk to class

Angel

They are friendly,empathetic, and unique.

They are friendly,empathetic, and unique.

study, study, study, study,study, study. And when you're tired of studying, study more. watch out for the boys, noooo football or soccer players. Please stay away from junk food and alcohol so you don't get a gut. have a great group of girlfriends, because if he breaks your heart, they'll put it back together. Try and save money so that when you get those random shopping urges you won't overdraft your checking account. Stay close to God, everything is easier with him. Don't fight with your mom, she's been where you are and she is only trying to help. Talk to your twin brother, you have more in common with him then you think. he's under the same peer pressure as you. plus, he already knows all the bad stuff you did- ty told him. most of all, love yourelf deeply, and know you are a bright girl and you deserve the world.

I wish I had known how hard college science classes like organic chemistry, biochemistry, physics, etc. we're going to be. I also wish I had known how to really study, ahead of time not the night before, before I came to college. And the peer pressure, people say there's temptation, but they do not emphasize that it's a daily thing.

University of Central Oklahoma administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.