Edmond, OK
University of Central Oklahoma

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Oklahoma

Kelsey

My school is best known for it's education program. We supply many teachers. Also, we are known for our new music program. The program is good for many music carreers and is run by current band managers.

My school provides a learning environment with state of the art equipment. We have young, experienced professors and faculty. The environment is casual which makes school way more fun and way less intimidating. My school provides plenty of opportunities for us to get experience in our field of study to help further our resume.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would have a lot to say. It would probably come in form of a song because that is what I tend to respond best to. I would tell myself to never give up. A lot of people will say a lot of things but just because they say it does not mean it is true. I would also tell myself to never compromise my standards. It doesn't matter if it is to further a relationship or to further school, stick to what you believe and you will have a lot less regret. Another important thing would be to tell myself to always make time for my family, having that stability will be crucial through your next few years. Savor what you have, those relationships will not always last. Most importantly I would tell myself to be who God created you to be, don't change for anyone or for any reason! You are beautiful, and you have the love of an everlasting Savior, never ever forget that!

My school is one filled with school spirt, that may not be welcoming at first, but filled with people that help others suceed not only in their education but also in their life.

I would tell myself that I need to toughen up and become less dependent on my family and more dependent on myself, because in college I am going to live in a dorm room and have to do things for myself, there will be no mommy there to save or help me. I would also tell myself that I need to get out of my shell, and really learn how to open up to others and get many new friends that have all different kinds of backgrounds and are from all parts of the school-whether they be from band, preps, orchestra, jocks, druggies, gothic?s, or whatever. I need to learn how to know people and let them know me. That way I can have more friends, and not be so lonely in college. I would remind myself that not everything is always going to turn out the way I want it to and I just need to let things go, and go with the flow, and not get so worked up over things.

My school is very hard to get adjusted to. I came from being in the same public school system since I was in first grade, to a college in another city that I barely knew anything about. When I got to college it was like I was on the outside of a window looking in. I was very scared of everything, and people were just as scared as me, so they were not very out going or friendly. I felt like no one liked me.

Leith

The University of Central Oklahoma is most known for being the first university in Oklahoma having been opened in 1891 as a school for teachers. UCO is also known for having the most diverse student population.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself I would advise takeing as many concurrent classes as I could, and I would also tell myself to apply for every scholarship that is available to help alleviate the pain of paying for higher education. In the end my biggest problem was finding a college I really felt comfortable applying to, and to solve this I would tell my past self to talk an advisor and see if they would be able to recommend any schools for me to apply to.

When I brag about UCO I talk about how we have the best ratio of teachers to students, and how it has very affordable tuition cost.

justin

I would go back and tell myself not to slack off my senior year. That truly hurts your education. You forget a lot and college that first year was a big review. I would tell myself to take more concurrent enrollment classes or advanced placement classes. If you are good at tests then this is the way to go because it is way cheaper than college. I would also tell myself to save up money. Not only is college expensive but being around friends and all the places and things to do around college is expensive.

I really dont wish for anything different. It is a great place to be and the campus is nice and the teachers are very helpful

I would have to say the parking. Unless you get here at 7:30 in the morning you are not going to find a good spot to park. And no matter where you park you still have a 5-10 minute walk to class

Angel

They are friendly,empathetic, and unique.

They are friendly,empathetic, and unique.

study, study, study, study,study, study. And when you're tired of studying, study more. watch out for the boys, noooo football or soccer players. Please stay away from junk food and alcohol so you don't get a gut. have a great group of girlfriends, because if he breaks your heart, they'll put it back together. Try and save money so that when you get those random shopping urges you won't overdraft your checking account. Stay close to God, everything is easier with him. Don't fight with your mom, she's been where you are and she is only trying to help. Talk to your twin brother, you have more in common with him then you think. he's under the same peer pressure as you. plus, he already knows all the bad stuff you did- ty told him. most of all, love yourelf deeply, and know you are a bright girl and you deserve the world.

I wish I had known how hard college science classes like organic chemistry, biochemistry, physics, etc. we're going to be. I also wish I had known how to really study, ahead of time not the night before, before I came to college. And the peer pressure, people say there's temptation, but they do not emphasize that it's a daily thing.

?In transitioning to college, take advantage of studying different careers now. It will save you from a lot of stress in making decisions later. But remember that what you do does not define who you are. Who you are defines what you do. It is so easy to get wrapped up in the ?future? that we often miss out on enjoying where we are right NOW. Never stay complacent. If you stay in the same place for too long, whether it is in your same ?clique? of friends, job, or even geographically, it is easy to get so comfortable that you don?t accept change. Just as trees go through seasons, so do we as people. Change is a part of growth. NEVER underestimate your true potential. God has given you the gift of leadership. Do not be afraid of it, but instead, embrace it. It will be used in big ways not only on your campus, but wherever you go. Lastly, remember that life is a roller coaster, filled with both high and low points. Continue to do everything to the best of your ability, keep God first, and you will succeed, not only in college, but in life.

The only thing I wish I knew before attending this school is what I wanted to do in terms of careers. I am a junior and have switched my major several times. I just wish I had more information regarding different careers.

One thing I do not really like about my school is the parking situation. It costs $100 each year to park on campus, and it is always difficult to find a place to park. No matter how early I leave my house for school, I am sometimes late due to the lack of parking spaces available for all the students. The only other complaint I have is with Acedimic Advisment office. When signing up for classes, or asking about information regaurding my major, they often give conflicting advice then what my professors will tell me.

Jon

My classmates are great teachers. Full of potential, and open my eyes to new ideas and beliefs each and every day.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior, I would be sure and tell myself how important connections were. Staying connected to friends, family and teachers is a vital part of survival in college. As a senior I am not sure I fully grasped that importance and it cost me quite a bit in the first semester of college. I would stress the importance of making sure to stay in touch, and making sure not to burn too many bridges.

I wish I had known how difficult it would be. It is a big transition from highschool into college, but I am not sure there was anything that could have prepared me more.

heather

by not going to college i have had to learn things the hard way.. i tried to take the easy way out and thought by not going straight to college i could go out and get a job and make fast cash.. now all i am is a waitress and i have 2 children.. going to college now is going to be more challenging now that it ever would have been if i would have went sooner.. i make less than 10k A year and i could never pay the bills on my own.. by going to college i can be something one day..something im proud of

Cari

I really liked the size of the school. It is easy to get around and find your classes. The classes sizes are small and i like that part.

Hey Cari, I am here to tell you a few things you need to know about college. Take the time to study for that test. Good grades are very impressive to those scholarships committees. Participate in extra-curricular activities and give 100% in the sports that you try out for. Colleges like students who are involved in activities. You will also have some great memories from doing all these things. Ask your high school teachers for advice on what they felt like they wished they would have know when they went to college. They will have some good ideas. The main thing is just keep on what you are doing. You probably don't need to change a thing. Good luck and keep on learning.

Probably a student who is into the party scene. UCO is not a big party school.

shandrell

UCO is a great college to attend, and has a great enviroment. They offer help in areas that you need improvements. they never turn you down because of you past grades, they work with you , and they will offer you help in areas that you need improvements in.

i would have to say our sport. everyone gets an equal chances to make it on the team, and all the coachs are friendly.

If i was able to go back an talk to myself as a senior. I would tell my self to work even harder for the things you want the most, and never take no for a answer, and always keep your head up, never let anyone get you down. do the best you can, and never take life as a game, because it real!

University of Central Oklahoma administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.