Edmond, OK
University of Central Oklahoma

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Oklahoma

Cari

I really liked the size of the school. It is easy to get around and find your classes. The classes sizes are small and i like that part.

Hey Cari, I am here to tell you a few things you need to know about college. Take the time to study for that test. Good grades are very impressive to those scholarships committees. Participate in extra-curricular activities and give 100% in the sports that you try out for. Colleges like students who are involved in activities. You will also have some great memories from doing all these things. Ask your high school teachers for advice on what they felt like they wished they would have know when they went to college. They will have some good ideas. The main thing is just keep on what you are doing. You probably don't need to change a thing. Good luck and keep on learning.

Probably a student who is into the party scene. UCO is not a big party school.

shandrell

UCO is a great college to attend, and has a great enviroment. They offer help in areas that you need improvements. they never turn you down because of you past grades, they work with you , and they will offer you help in areas that you need improvements in.

i would have to say our sport. everyone gets an equal chances to make it on the team, and all the coachs are friendly.

If i was able to go back an talk to myself as a senior. I would tell my self to work even harder for the things you want the most, and never take no for a answer, and always keep your head up, never let anyone get you down. do the best you can, and never take life as a game, because it real!

Angelika

I dont really know my classmates.

I dont really know my classmates.

Dear Angelika, I am going to give you some advice about your future. For starters, I know you have your goals written out and your putting a check mark by each one you complete but DO NOT go through the respiratory program. You CAN NOT handle being in the hospital with all the code blues and trips to the ER. You will just be wasting a year and money on a degree that months later you have yet to use. Moving on, you need to be more open to meeting people. You are so quiet that its been almost three years and you still do not have any real friends. It's a little sad. You need to try to connect with some people, join some clubs PLEASE! One good thing is that college is not as scary as it seems so don't worry you will be OK! Anyways have a wonderful senior year. Love, Your Future you

I wish I would have known more about the schools class options.

Jamie

My first piece of advice would be to go to an out-of-state college. The security of having mom and dad right there is nice, but the chance to get out on your own and learn how to truly take care of yourself is invaluable. The adventure is worth the risk. The other piece of advice I would give is to get a degree in a field you really love. Think about your favorite thing to do, what you would be happy to do all day, every day and find a way to make a career revolving around that. In my case, I love to read. Look into the publishing industry. Do your research about what you need to do to get into that industry. Call or email people in that industry and get their advice. No matter where you go or where you end up, do what you love to do.

I consider the variety of degrees one of the best things about my school. There are several degrees that are available at UCO that are not available at any other school in the state. Those degree programs are thorough and give you the knowledge you need to succeed in that industry.

Their website is the worst thing because it is confusing and difficult to find the information you need, and in some places it even has conflicting information.

Gabrielle

Gabby, Man oh man, where do I start? Well, I'm a freshman at UCO and today was my first day of classes for this semester. They went pretty well, but then again, pretty much every first day goes by pretty smoothly. Go to class, discuss the syllabus, leave. Seeing as how you are still in your senior year of high school, I am aware that you are a pretty lazy student. All your high school teachers cut you a lot of slack, and they let you slide by and turn things in late. It's a pretty fun year and so much happens during it. But, I'm here as a friend to tell you to not get too accustomed to this way of living. You may think high school is difficult, but next year you will find yourself in a mess of trouble if you think you can procrastinate on every assignment and barely get by. No, college is much different. I encourage you to try your hardest, to study as much as you can, and to never lose hope. You may struggle a little your first semester next year, but I have faith in you! Love, Yourself.

I think the ideal person to attend UCO would be a student who is originally from a small town. I come from a large college town and moving up to Edmond to a smaller school was a bit of a shock. UCO is by no means a tiny school, and to a student from a small town, it's the perfect environment. I would still like to be a part of a bigger school, but for students who are not used to this, it's a great place to be.

Though I try not to focus on the negative aspects of my school, I would have to say that the most frustrating thing about it is the parking. Parking is always an issue at every college campus, but at UCO, the parking is very limited. This really makes things difficult for a student like me who has a job and has to leave campus during the evenings. Struggling to get to class on time adds a whole new level of stress when I'm parked fifteen minutes away.

Kelsey

The main thing that drew me to the university of Oklahoma was its friendlyness and the teacher to student ratio, as well as its inviting campus.

The classmates at UCO are very helpful as well as willing to be involved in all campus aspects.

As a high school senior most students have the majority of their requirements completed and slack off in their studies for their last year of high school. The problem with this is that you are not ready to get back into your classes when you get to college. I would tell myself to keep going strong and challenging myself in all aspects of education and that will help me to be a successfull college student. I would also tell myself to keep applying for college scholarships and don't give up, because anything that you get is very appriciated and needed.

Lord-Vincent

Majority of my classmate are diverse like me. Every one has a different culture, religion, orientation, ethnicity and age. We all accept each other differences and try to learn more about them we all become on big family.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself when I was a senior in high school. I would have told myself "GET A JOB!" Because college is very expensive for my budget, I can?t keep up with the billing payments. Growing up in foster care I didn't have a dime to my name and knowing now that I don?t have a cent to my name to pay for my extra school expenses is very hard to get by with school officials. Everyone in school we?re able to balance a job and the extracurricular activities. While I just happen to focus on just my academic requirements. The transition to college from high school has been an overwhelming experience in all different aspects. In a good way I have a support system with professors. Where I can ask for advice, but the bad thing about college is financial outcome in the end. I?m constantly paying some kind of hidden fee to the school of my choice and that?s no fun.

The University of Central Oklahoma is for students who are looking for small classroom sizes and to be able to interact with their professors one on one. If a student is just looking for a second home then this is the place for them. UCO offers four different housing plans that meet your life style and accessibility. If academics or athletics is what you want to succeed in college. Then we offer those as well with challenging classes and recreational sports too. If a transformative experience is what you are looking for UCO can provide the college experience.

Anna

they are all very helpful and friendly

they are all very helpful and friendly

to go to school for what you really want to not what you think will get you more money that way you don't end up giving the school more money because you end up changing your major to what it should have been in the first place.

Rainer

For the most part, lazy or unmotivated. I do not see how a person can go to an university and not give his/her best effort, but it seems to happen all around me.

You have to be rensponsible with your studies and not slack. Success in college is unlike success in high school, in the sense that intelligence alone does not cut it. You have to do your homework and study, or you may become a waste of talent.

University of Central Oklahoma administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.