Edmond, OK
University of Central Oklahoma

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Oklahoma

Kelsey

The main thing that drew me to the university of Oklahoma was its friendlyness and the teacher to student ratio, as well as its inviting campus.

The classmates at UCO are very helpful as well as willing to be involved in all campus aspects.

As a high school senior most students have the majority of their requirements completed and slack off in their studies for their last year of high school. The problem with this is that you are not ready to get back into your classes when you get to college. I would tell myself to keep going strong and challenging myself in all aspects of education and that will help me to be a successfull college student. I would also tell myself to keep applying for college scholarships and don't give up, because anything that you get is very appriciated and needed.

Lord-Vincent

Majority of my classmate are diverse like me. Every one has a different culture, religion, orientation, ethnicity and age. We all accept each other differences and try to learn more about them we all become on big family.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself when I was a senior in high school. I would have told myself "GET A JOB!" Because college is very expensive for my budget, I can?t keep up with the billing payments. Growing up in foster care I didn't have a dime to my name and knowing now that I don?t have a cent to my name to pay for my extra school expenses is very hard to get by with school officials. Everyone in school we?re able to balance a job and the extracurricular activities. While I just happen to focus on just my academic requirements. The transition to college from high school has been an overwhelming experience in all different aspects. In a good way I have a support system with professors. Where I can ask for advice, but the bad thing about college is financial outcome in the end. I?m constantly paying some kind of hidden fee to the school of my choice and that?s no fun.

The University of Central Oklahoma is for students who are looking for small classroom sizes and to be able to interact with their professors one on one. If a student is just looking for a second home then this is the place for them. UCO offers four different housing plans that meet your life style and accessibility. If academics or athletics is what you want to succeed in college. Then we offer those as well with challenging classes and recreational sports too. If a transformative experience is what you are looking for UCO can provide the college experience.

Anna

they are all very helpful and friendly

they are all very helpful and friendly

to go to school for what you really want to not what you think will get you more money that way you don't end up giving the school more money because you end up changing your major to what it should have been in the first place.

Rainer

For the most part, lazy or unmotivated. I do not see how a person can go to an university and not give his/her best effort, but it seems to happen all around me.

You have to be rensponsible with your studies and not slack. Success in college is unlike success in high school, in the sense that intelligence alone does not cut it. You have to do your homework and study, or you may become a waste of talent.

Levi

I would tell myself to stop worrying about everything. That it is not as scary as I thought it was going to be . College is a very fun thing to do with. It's a great atmosphere and you meet tons of cool people. With a little hard work and dedication it will create a new outlook of yourself just stay confident.

I brag about how professional the campus is, but at the same time the classes feel as if you are in a smaller high school. It has great student to professor ratio, and easy to learn enviroment.

Alyssa

It is in an awesome town and its class sizes are perfect. The location is ideal.

Get involved in a church small group right away. The friends and support you find there will help you so much. It's nice to see people around campus you know and it's fun to get together throughout the week to hang out.

It's hard to get connected to other students since it's a commuter school. There aren't many ways outside of class to get to know other students.

UCO is a great place to learn and Edmond is a great place to live - close to home.

I would tell myself to take the ACT again and try to improve my score to be able to get more scholarships. I would also tell myself to stay in shape through that last summer before college. It would also be a good idea to take more math classes in high school to get ready for college math classes. Have fun and don't stress out!

It is a commuter school, so there isn't much going on in the college community.

Aurora

Take the ACT more often! Even if you have a high score, the higher you recieve the more money you recieve and it is worth it. Choose a school that you feel a good vibe from and try to have an idea of what you what. The campus I choses is beautiful and a small student oriented campus which made the transistion much easier. Once you are on campus check out the activities they offer, there's something for everyone and it's a great way to meet new people. Make new friends, you need to branch out and not just stick with the friends you have always had, the relationships you form in college are phenomenol and on a whole different level. It may be scary to go out and meet people, but find someone who looks interesting or is alone as well and buddy up, it will be worth it!

The size and beauty of the campus is amazing. The class sizes are small, which allow one on one learning, however there are still lots of people on campus. The campus itself is covered in trees, beautiful architecture, and wonderful landscaping.

Unhelpful student workers in offices, they tend to not know what is going on and will make you run to several buildings just to get sent back to them originally.

Luisa

Get involved as much as you can in things that interest you so you can get to know people that you're going to school with!

It's not too big or small, you can get from building to building on time but it still feels like a college campus

Someone who doesn't like to be in a huge crowd all the time but still wants to be scoial

University of Central Oklahoma administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.