Edmond, OK
University of Central Oklahoma

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Oklahoma

Natalie

The worst thing about my school is the lack of on-campus parking and housing. A student union would also be nice!

Someone who is interested in a school with a family feel with all the perks of a large university.

Matt

College can be the most important and enjoyable time for a students life. Selecting the right college takes time and patience, but it is worth it because you want to feel like you belong and achieving the education you deserve. For parents, I would advice taking your child on campus tours and encouraging them to enroll in numerous colleges and schloraships because by not having much financial help it can burden the student by performing poorly in class. For students, enjoy the years you have in college. Take it by your own pace and don't let others influence your college career. You want to be proud of yourself and with a degree, you are opening doors for success. I am currently a Junior and I am looking forward to graduating and looking back upon the many memories I will obtain in college.

I consider the best thing about my campus to be the ethnic diversity amoung the individuals.

I brag how clean my campus is and the size of the classrooms being small.

This school is very caring and has your best interest in mind.

This school is very caring and has your best interest in mind.

The advice I would give parents and students about finding the right college is to go somewhere that has a strong program in your interest of study. When you are applying for jobs after graduation in your field, it looks impressive that you graduated from an institution that has a specialized program in the career choice you have chosen. The best way to make the most of your college experience is by getting involved and meeting people. Make sure you know your academic advisor because they help you throughout your entire time in school. The only way to make new friends is by doing as much as you can, join clubs and be opened minded about greek life. Also, be sure you GO TO CLASS because that's the secret to passing! And by going to class regularly, you have an opportunity to meet your classmates and form a relationship with your professor.

The parking is the most frustrating thing. The parking decals are more expensive than they are worth because it is impossible to find an on-campus parking spot. Majority of the students park in neighborhoods close by or side streets, however sometimes they can be ticketed by the local police department.

Andrew

Make sure the Child or young adult is ready for College before making that choice. Some people just aren't ready right out of highschool!

The small class sizes along with the teachers making it a point to get to know you.

That every one of my professors know me and like me!

Alexis

I would advise parents to listen to their child and set down with them and truely talk about the goals they have and what would make them happy in life. To the student I would encourage them to look within themselves to find what they want to do or expect out of life and if they do not know yet that it is ok. Also, I would ask the students to not be afraid to tell their parents what they deep down truely want to to with themselves and not just say something that they think their parents want to hear. I would recommend that the students and parents actively and aggressively look at all educational outlets to find the one that is perfect for the student, and the parents combined. Staying on top of applications and financial paperwork is a must. It is very important for the parents to completely support thier child in whatever descision they choose to make about the future. Finally, when the student is pursuing a degree in a field they love and with the support of their family it will be easier to complete the degree, and be happy in life

There is too much emphisis on sports and not enough on acedemics.

Nichole

I only considered UCO because of my major but, I believe we are one of the top school in Oklahoma with international students...

My advice to anybody looking for the perfect school is, pick for yourself. Do not pick a university because that is where all of your friends are going. Just because the school fits your best friends does not mean that it will fit you. In order to get the full college experience you should be active, but do not forget about your academics, because that is how you meet new people and make new friends. Whether it is through recruitment/rush or just joining small campus organization you should be active in some shape or form.

I brag about our greek life because we are very active on campus.

Rhys

You should consider the school as a temple you go to learn, in which you work extremely hard so that nothing is going to scare you after you graduate.

The quality of education the school provides is priceless since it offers many small sized classes with intensive work schedule which makes you learn.

The most important thing is to visit the school you choose and talk to faculty members before you decide to attend the school. You need to make sure that you have faculty members you can trust in the school so that you KNOW that they will help you to achive your goal. As long as you have the goal to pursue, and the specific ideas to achive it, the right school will come to you. For parents, I will say one thing. Please trust your children, and let them decide where to go. It is their life, and not for you.

Faith

The best college for students is one where they can enhance their learning, focuses on diversity, and one that focuses on one's particular interests.

The best thing about this school is the academic program. This school allows individuals to learn the necessary principles that will help them in their career.

Individuals that should attend this school should be self-motivated and interested in gain knowledge that will help them in their careers.

James

My classmates are to diverse to summarize in one sentence.

My classmates are to diverse to summarize in one sentence.

Just go to several campuses and feel them out. Forget about the statistics. When you find a place where you feel comfortable, you'll know. If I would've done that my first year of college, I would've ended up in a much better school than I did. Because I let statistics and scholarships guide me, I had the stress of hating the first university I attended, as well as the stress of trying to transfer to UCO during finals of my second term. Let your feelings guide through the school selection process. You have to deal with it for at least four years.

The cost. It is far cheaper than surrounding schools for an education that is almost as good.

Josephine

UCO is best known for their community service. There seems to be opportunity weekly to donate time and energy giving back to the community. I have participated in many events and find the majority of students do as well.

Finding the right college and making the best of the college experience is a difficult but rewarding process. I am one of the lucky ones, my college choice was easy, and to date the experience has been rewarding. To find the right college, I stared with identifying those things that were important to me. What degree programs did the college offer, did the college offer the sport I wanted to play, was the college not too big, yet not to small. I wrote these items down and ranked them, keeping me on track with my pending decision. I spent many hours with high school counselors, coaches and college advisors. I made a list of schools and did some internet research on my own. Once I was down to a short list, I began to reach out to those schools for additional information. After some onsite visits, I made my final decision. Making the best of the college experience is easy. I suggest everyone live in a dorm for at least the first year; this allows you to meet many of your fellow college students. Participate in school events and volunteer as often as time allows.

UCO has that small town feeling, everyone seems to know everyone. I like to brag about all the new friends I have found, being from out of state, I worried about making friends. UCO has provided me with a school that feels more like a home.

University of Central Oklahoma administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.