Edmond, OK
University of Central Oklahoma

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Central Oklahoma

Joshua

I would say the best way to find the right college is to take tours of the campus that you are considering attending. while you are there try to meet with a professor and find out if they are very friendly and helpful. I would also do research on the schools reputation and visit with several students who attend the school. To make the most of your experience you have to be involve on campus and make new friends. You also need to focus on your classes and make good grades because the better your grades the more relaxed you will be through your college experience.

It is a friendly enviroment the buildings are well placed and easily found. the students in classes seem to be friendly to just about everyone.

Travis

I have a good friendship with many of the professors along with most of the students here do. I also have a great relationship with the President of the university. He is extremely caring about the students and success. This place of course wants you to succeed academically but they really want you to achieve in the world not by grades alone but by being a leader in something whether if it is in an organization or in a community.

Parents and students need to look for a school that they feel connected to. They need to know that their son or daughter is in great hands when they come to school at a university. Students should not go to a college or a university because their father or mother went there or because the athletic program is in the top ten in the nation at a particular sport. Students should not go to a school because it is the top school in the nation. Don't get me wrong, if someone goes to a school that is the best in the country then that is great but they need to look deeper than that. Students pay thousands of dollars for college. It is a huge investment. People just don't look at a house or a car and say I want it when they buy it. People date other people because they want to be sure that they have something that is perfect. Same thing goes for picking a college. It will impact you for the rest of your life so be wise in picking one and in experencing the college life.

How welcoming it was to everyone from every kind of background. At this university, everyone has a chance to succeed. This place literally cares for you unlike most universities.

I would tell anyone looking for the right college to imagine themselves there. Visit the campus and think, "Can I see myself being happy here?" Ask as many questions as possible and really get to know the campus. To make the most of your college experience, you really need to get involved. Dont just float by and make the grades. You need to be socially active so that you can not only get your degree, but enjoy the ride along the way. I am in a sorority on campus as well as over 5 clubs and/or groups. I thoroughly encourage getting involved on campus with anything and everything that you love doing!

N/A. Everyone should attend UCO!

Its not too big and not too small. Its the perfect size.

s

Real talk go for your dreams no matter the cost, study hard and it wll pay off, have fun, live life, be yourself!

The price of tutition is crazy and the parking is terrible

April

Diverse and still small enough to not be overwhelming or scary.

Diverse and still small enough to not be overwhelming or scary.

I would encourage students to always stay true to themselves and what they want to do. Don't go to a school if you don't get a good feeling from it when visiting it, and always study what you want to. College is a time to find out who you are as a person, and if you're at a school you don't like or studying something that doesn't interest you, you won't be able to figure that out.

MOstly someone who is interested in studying Liberal Arts or wanting to be a teacher. Both departments are the school's strongest.

I would say the best way to pick the right college for you is to first visit the campus, see how campus life is and how the students interact.

Partying and not going to class is a bad idea

The lack of funding the school receives from the state, its a division II school the number of students is definitely around the number of a division II school. In some areas the school is severly underfunded because of this predictament. The school is really popular here in Oklahoma because of its small class size so a lot of students come here and the school doesn't receive proper funding in my opinion.

Joseph

fun, busy, hard working indiviuals with a clean atmisphare and on going activities

find what trulu fits your personality and likes as far as outside activities from school. you can never say if any of your friends will be able to go to the same college as you. It gets real dull when your in a environment that does not fit your life style

a well rounded individual thats likes diviersity and is not afraid to be his or her self. there are plenty of different types of people and activity for everyone to have a rememberable college experience

John

The advice I would give parents and students is to make sure you look around and try to find the best way to pay for college tuition. I actually attended Oklahoma Baptist University for two years and am in debt over my head. I transferred over Tulsa Community College where I am currently attending but will be transferring over to University Of Central Oklahoma in the Fall of 2009. I need all the help I can get to make it through college. University Central has helped me with many things, even with applying to Tulsa Community College so I would highly recommend their university. I have been to their campus many times and it is absolutely gorgeous. It is also affordable and the dormitories are wonderful. I have known quite a number of people who have gone there and graduated. They also highly recommend this school. If at all possible, please let other parents send their college students to UCO so they will not have to spend their lives in debt. Thank you for your time. God bless.

I really enjoy the environment, the facilites, the dorms, the varieties of people, and the variety/qualities of courses offered.

Melinda

To find the right college I would look at the degree that the student wants to obtain.The school that I go to has one of the most rigorous Education degree programs. The students who graduate from here in Education are highly sought. I would also look at the size of the college and see what the student/teacher ratio rate is. I graduated from a smaller high school and chose to go to a smaller university where I could feel like I was a part of it. To make the most of the college experience I would advise to live on campus. You meet a lot more people and will have longer lasting friendships. I went to a junior college and then transferred to a university. I lived on campus at the junior college and I chose to come to this university because it was where my friends I had met at the junior college went. When you go to college it is a time to branch out. None of my friends went to the junior college that I chose to go to but I loved it! Most of all have fun!

The worst thing about my school is the parking. There are not enough parking spots on the west side of campus.

I think that any type of person should attend this school.If you want a smaller university with a middle size town this is the perfect college!

University of Central Oklahoma administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.