University of Central Oklahoma

« See more reviews of University of Central Oklahoma

Most people consider UCO to be a commuter school, which results in little campus involvment. Many of the clubs and organizations have very few memebers. Being involved in various activities on campus adds to the college experience. The university is working on this issue in some ways such as getting more students to live on campus. But in other ways the university is dragging its heels such as not allowing a 24 hour library. Much of the resistance comes from the city of Edmond which does not want to be considered a college town.

One thing I do not really like about my school is the parking situation. It costs $100 each year to park on campus, and it is always difficult to find a place to park. No matter how early I leave my house for school, I am sometimes late due to the lack of parking spaces available for all the students. The only other complaint I have is with Acedimic Advisment office. When signing up for classes, or asking about information regaurding my major, they often give conflicting advice then what my professors will tell me.

I would said nothing was the worst thing about this school, as it may have been ways to drive to school each day it was worth the effort to finish up to get a good education. As UCO was a school that I dream of attending when I was little I am so proud of myself as I have live out my dreams by going to this school. This school has a beautiful environment with excellent professors who actually care about thier students, I personally have a long-term stable relationship with some of my old professor, as of today.

It's kind of hard to find the clubs? One thing I've been meaning to do is find a club, in order to try to make more friends. I think the campus sets aside a couple of days during the first one-two weeks for clubs to hang around and interest folks, but its almost always during times I'm in class. The clubs themselves have their own websites, however, the only downside is that the ones I'm interested in don't post meetup information that much.

I believe the worst thing about the University of Central Oklahoma is how hard it would be to talk to your academic advisor. Though you can call and make an appointment you still have to wait and sometime you might not get to see one because they only see a certain number a day. Many times you call and call but continuously get placed on hold and never get through, so that is what I believe is the worst thing about my college.

My school is very hard to get adjusted to. I came from being in the same public school system since I was in first grade, to a college in another city that I barely knew anything about. When I got to college it was like I was on the outside of a window looking in. I was very scared of everything, and people were just as scared as me, so they were not very out going or friendly. I felt like no one liked me.

This school seems to have a large amount of adjunct teachers. While there are some that take their job as an adjunct seriously and are quality teachers, most just meet the minimum requirements to get a little extra cash. If you are serious about your future and need to learn the material in order to do well in more advanced classes, this can be detrimental to your educational goals.

The worst thing about my school is the internet connection. On campus computers it's great, but on laptops you have to log in to their network and sometimes it takes forever to connect or may not even connect at all, and occasionally it will kick you off and make you sign in again which is extrememly frustrating. It usually works just fine but when it isn't working it's terrible.

The worst thing about UCO is that their is not much participation in student organizations and activities. This makes it very hard to ever feel apart of the school or campus life. I guess it is just a result of UCO being more of a commuter college where students just come to class and then go back home to their parents, or families and other jobs and activities.

The worst thing about the university that I attend is that it is a "commuter" college. Most of the students are people who already have families, or who do not wish to participate in college activities and live off campus. This makes the student activity number lower than it should be for how many students attend the University of Central Oklahoma.