University of Central Oklahoma

« See more reviews of University of Central Oklahoma

The University of Central Oklahoma offers a wonderful campus experience; the size is ideal. It's not so large that you have to allow twenty minutes to get to your next class, but you also don't feel like you're suffocating! I live in the dorms, and I absolutely love it. I was nervous about sharing a bathroom with my hall, but it's great! I also love my room, which is so much larger than I anticipated. UCO is in Edmond, which is a perfect college town, and it's just minutes from downtown Oklahoma City!

The best thing about UCO is the students that attend. I really didn't think they were anything remarkable until I started to meet a lot of the friends my former high school classmates and my sister were making at their schools. I feel as if the students who attend UCO know themselves and what they want much better than many of those students. It may sound silly to say this, but on the whole, students at UCO are wiser than students I've met from other schools.

There are several different opportunities to get involved outside of campus and take on leadership roles on campus. Edmond is only ten miles from downtown Oklahoma City and the state capitol, which makes it easier for students to take internships. Since the campus is not as big as OU or OSU, students have a better opportunity to take on leadership roles in student organizations.

The best thing about my school is that there are so many diffrent races that go there. I went to a predominantly white high school and I wasn?t exposed to many people from different races; now that I go to UCO, I continually find myself in the company of many people who are of different races. It is a very new experience and I have learned so much about other cultures and customs.

The best thing about The Univeristy of Central Oklahoma is that it is a medium size school with a big school feel. They offer several degree programs and are continuing to expand them as well. The difference between the University of Central Oklahoma and other unvirsities is that it does have small classrooms and professors that work with students to acheive the students goals.

The professors and the relationships. All the professors are skilled in their area and have had real life experience. It's rare to find professors who have been in the field, especially in mass communications. The professors are so easy to bulid relationships with and are always available outside of class. It's much more enjoyable to learn when it is from a friend.

I love my school so much. They are very good about letting students know what is going on around campus and they have so many opportunities for different people to get involved. No matter where you are on campus, there's always someone there to help you with any and everything. Also, the teachers are great beyond words and they really care about their students.

I believe the best thing about the University of Central Oklahoma is the activities that goes on. My school host a lot of school activities and famous artist also come to perform. There is always something educational and fun to do on campus during the weekends, and as a out-of-state student I always feel welcomed to join clubs and participant in things.

The best things about UCO are the students and faculty. The students are incredibly down to earth, unlike students at some different schools, and the faculty seem to truly have the interest of the students at heart. Also, most faculty members will do anything and everything they can to help students.

The University of Central Oklahoma has offered me an avenue to use my Psychology degree in an interesting way and that is applying it to the field of Forensic Science. They have a stellar program with the most impressive group of instructors I have ever had the honor and fortune to be around.