University of Central Oklahoma Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Central Oklahoma

Alexia

For me UCO seems like a great school, it could have those who are shy like no other come out and be more extroverted than introverted. They care for their students and staff like some University's would.

Allen

UCO is a good option for working adults. It is a local public university that cares about how it's students fare. I would recommend it as an alternative to one of the larger public universities which can be frustratingly impersonal. And in comparing it to the local private universities you will get the same quality for about half the price.

Sakeenah

From the moment I stepped foot onto the campus, I knew I was going to love it. I was a concurrent high school student and grew up in a small grade school with only 7 other classmates. I learned that small class sizes had some amazing benefits. So I was excited to learn UCO's campus population was relatively small. For one, you become like family with those you see every day. The small population allows you to get to know everyone, including the professors. The one-on-one attention you get from your professors helps immensely in learning the material. There is also such a huge emphasis on hand-on learning here. Being a visual learner, this stood out to me immediately. From comfort and safety to quality education and academics, I absolutely love this university! It will be bittersweet when I have to go.

Cynthia

UCO is a laid back college where you can have a lot of fun and learn so much! Being on campus is extremely interactive and there is always something going on. Teachers are not afraid to engage with their students and are usually there for you when you need them.

Misty

This is the most amazing college I have ever been to! The class sizes are perfect, not too big and not too small. The professors are always available. The campus always makes you feel welcomed. My classmates are very friendly and outgoing. Truly a one-of-a-kind campus!

The University of Central Oklahoma is a diverse and optimistic campus, providing the necessities of a home away from home. Although large, the campus allows for a convenient pathway to classes with signs throughout to guide your way. Overall this college is welcoming and promising.

MaKynna

It’s very positive- I can’t wait to start!!

Jasmine

University of Central Oklahoma has always been my first choice. When I was younger it had been about the colors, and into high school I was already just set on it. I don't even remember where I had heard about the university from in elementary school. All around me growing up were mainly OSU and OU rivalries, and not much of UCO. My mother kept confusing UCO for OCU. In high school, finally able to walk around the place during a tour, I immediately loved the atmosphere. Everyone so far has been great to me and attending it currently, my only complaint is our state's weather and parking but those aren't the university's fault (although maybe the parking). Overall, I'm finding what I want to do here and I still think as I did in high school that UCO is pretty great.

Kaylan

The University of Central Oklahoma is a wonderful school. I personally chose it because of the academics. Central is home to the finest business, art, and nursing degrees, but is known best for its Forensics Institute. The Institute was founded and is still being ran by Dr. Dwight Adams, former Head of the FBI Laboratory, and a collection of retired FBI agents and laboratory analysts that teach out of the books that they wrote. As the number one rated and most highly accredited Forensics Institute in the nation, any student who is interested in such a field could find no better place to go. Aside from academics, the Central campus is widely known for its immaculate campus. The biggest attraction is Broncho Lake: a giant koi lake in the middle of the campus square. Central offers nine different dining options on campus including Chick-Fil-A and a full made-to-order pasta bar. As a student, you never have to feel unsafe or insecure on campus. One of my favorite, lesser celebrated attractions on campus is the University of Central Oklahoma police department, which sits on the edge of campus and has twenty-two full time officers on staff. At any given time, the middle of the night included, at least three officers are driving and/or walking around campus. It’s nearly impossible to walk from one building to another without being greeted by a friendly Central officer. There is also a ginormous Student Activities organization; not a week goes by without at least a handful of activities to take part in. Between the fantastic staff and manicured campus, any student of Central would be proud to show off the University that they call home.

UCO has a very homy campus environment. The class sizes are small so you get more one-on-one relationships with your professors. The students are extremely nice. We have a very diverse student body. If you are looking for a party-like college experience, UCO may not be for you.

I love it here. The campus is very diverse culturally! There is a ton of different cultural groups on campus and all the students are welcome. Professors are amazing and will email you back as soon as they can or are available nearly 24/7. I don't think I've met a professor here I didn't like!

McKenna

I think it is a fantastic state college that provides adult students the opportunity to complete their education without financial woes.

Bobby

I like the campus because the classes and different activities you can participate in are so diverse. The parking is kind of bad though, you either have to pay for guest parking or buy a parking pass. The campus is beautiful and there's lots of construction going on.

Nava

University of Central Oklahoma is a great campus with great education. Compared to other universities and colleges in the state, this college seems to be more academic-driven. The class sizes are small or average-sized so you have a better chance of getting to know your professors and are better engaged in group activities and participation. The professors are good people and genuinely want to help you excel. However, he surrounding area of the campus could have more things to do besides restaurants and fast food. The general location of the campus doesn't have much for people to do, especially for those who don't have cars. Overall, University of Central Oklahoma is a great campus and I would recommend this school to anyone who is academically driven.

Ashtyn

I think it is a great college. I feel lucky to go here. I love the class sizes, very small which is nice. They put a lot of effort to help every single person to get involved and meet new people. They also care about every person, no matter their background, race, sexual orientation, beliefs, views, and opinions; the campus is very non-judgmental which is admirable and fantastic. They make it feel like home. Love it there.

Sabrina

There are many great people at UCO, there is so much diversity around the whole campus that everyday you can meet someone new. Everyone is very nice a long with the professors and other workers. There hasn't been any drama or situation that has caused my expectations of UCO to drop.

Mary

I have my undergrad degree from UCO, now I am currently pursuing my Master's degree there. I also hold 3 positions at the university as a graduate assistant. I love this school and everyone involved with it. Everyone helps everyone. The campus is just big enough to get from point A to point B within 10-15 minutes.

It's a really great college. The culture is amazing. The class sizes are small. The teachers actually care about their students. No staff member at UCO has ever made me feel like an outsider. I have great memories at this school and I'm extremely blessed that I get to be a part of their growing graduate program UCO MBA.

Alexis

It is a very good place to learn. It has a very welcoming atmosphere. Everyone is so kind. I have been going to UCO concurrently for about 4 years now. My experience has been great. Currently I am a Senior in high school so it has been a good introduction to what I am going to experience in college.

Alexis

I think it is a great school. Growing up I wanted to come to this school so bad because they had my major, not to many schools have funeral service as a major, especially Oklahoma. If someone is thinking about staying on campus, that's a great way to get more involved. I suggested if you are wanting to be a part of any clubs, or sororities, to stay on campus... You get to meet and become friends with new people.

asia

i want to uco for a college visit and i got accept. i love the dorms and the college is not that small but it not that big i just right for me i start going to uco august 20 i look forward to go to uco when i saw the campus i really love it. i think uco will be a great fit for me and my future.

Chesney

I visited earlier this month and fell in love. The University of Central Oklahoma is so beautiful! I’m planning on attending Fall of 2019 to major in Business Administration. I am so excited to attend somewhere where everyone is so welcoming. Everyone there was so helpful and polite. I believe the University of Central Oklahoma is a very nice school and will be a great addition to my life.

Cristian

The University of Central Oklahoma is a has a variety of cultures. This creates a wonderful atmosphere that most colleges cant offer. There is a police department on campus that constantly patrols so everyone feels very safe. The cafeteria could use a little more updating in the Nigh building, but the food is decent and the dining area is very nice as well. Most professors at UCO are readily available by email and will meet will you if you schedule a meeting. I transferred to this school not expecting all of these great aspects.

Katrina

I absolutely love my school. It is a large school with over 16,000 students but it feels small, engaging, and interactive. There's never more than forty students in a standard classroom and there's always something going on on campus that students can actively engage in. You always have access to valuable student resources such as food, our state of the art wellness center, a giant library, and plenty of computer labs with people to help you. UCO is my school and always will be.

Jacquelin

The University has excellent professors, and make a point to have available office hours. Very accommodating to commuting students and staff, a lot of involvement opportunities & on-campus services. The orientation process seems needlessly lengthy, but very friendly campus culture.

Kaleb

The University of Central Oklahoma is a wonderful school that gets your feet wet and allows you experience what college is like but without overwhelming you right off the bat. Class sizes are relatively small and not very crowded but desk space is either minimal or fantastic depending on the class. The professors are overall very nice, always available to help, and generally flexible.

Gracielita

This is a university where anyone can easily feel at home. Friendships are continuously being made, professors are always accessible, and there is always some way to get involved. I have attended another college for a semester , but nothing compared to UCO.

Carissa

The campus is beautiful and the college really seems to do its best to prepare its students to succeed in the real world. It is one of the few campuses in the Mid-West to participate in a program called STLR that helps students develop a portfolio for employers.

Ian

Not only is this University full of intellectually gifted individuals with the same desire to learn as me; the faculty and staff share these same core values based upon learning and achieving the full college experience. I enjoy the University of Central Oklahoma to the highest extent and would recommend attending this university for its high standing academics; as well as the many extracurricular activities around campus.

kara

I think that UCO is dedicated to their students. The small classrooms and attentive teachers provide a great studying atmosphere. The campus is small enough that students feel safe, and see friendly faces around campus. Activities and participation on campus I would say, is above average. Students often join a campus activity, and greek involvement is common.

Kambrian

UCO is an amazing school, with such great professors willing you work with you and such a safe campus. I would recommend UCO to any up coming freshman.

Justin

I love it! The community is great with a lot of loving people. Most of the teachers love to teacher and try to help their students with every question they have. Even if it doesn't involve their class. The students at the school also look out for each other and if someone has questions, a fellow student could always be there to help you.

Seth

My overall opinion of my university is that it is a very safe, homey, and conveniently placed college around. Everything around this college is awesome the campus food is decent, all the professors are very friendly and they are willing to work with you. Even the places around the college like jobs are abundant, parks, and restraunts are all in very close proximity so it is just an awesome place to attend college.

I decided to apply for the University of Central Oklahoma, because after my multiple visits, I found that it was a very accepting and inviting environment that made me feel like home. UCO is big enough to meet new people everyday, but small enough to easily get involved and make a lot of new friends. I believe it offers several opportunities for student keadership and invlolvement, every event is led by student volunteers. There is a great sense of commmunity and acceptance throughout the school. I have only been there for a semester but find myself excited to go back on each break; the professors are very relatable and easy to reach, the people are so friendly and genuine. The school is rich in history, and affecting the community around it; promoting civic engagement, cultural and global competence, health and wellness, research, and leadership. We have an incredible Forensic Science program, with the successful Dr. Adams, and a very popular education program, seeing as UCO was formerly a teacher's school only. UCO is my home and has grown me as a leader and citizen involved in my community.

Marissa

I think that the University of Central Oklahoma is a very great place for wanting an at home feeling. They are willing to be there for you whether it's extra help or needing some advice about life. The class sizes are not too big, so you have a platform to actually speak and answer questions.

Grace

The university of central Oklahoma is at the top of my list. For one, the location is great. Their is so much to do in Edmond, Oklahoma. I love how much life is on campus. With all the clubs, everyone has a place. I am going to join as many clubs as I can. I plan to attend UCO this coming fall.

Landrea

It is a very well ran college. Many of the professors, you can tell, care about the students and their success. There is always activities going on to get the students involved. The facilities have been updated to the modern day look. There is a variety of food choices as well. There is a mid first bank on campus which makes it easy to go to the bank between classes.

It is an amazingly diverse and enriched university. There is a great set of communal resources available to everyone who attends this university. The officials truly care about enriching the lives of every single student! Free tutoring, central pantry (food!), UCO non-traditional / student-parent aid and communities, etc.

Aldercy

The start was good. Campus is easy to get around and learn. Parking is always a hassle but thats normal everywhere. Its very peaceful and they have small events to join. The people are friendly and help you.The sporting events are about average and they try to have to engage in them more. The art and design in always having events. Over all its a good experience.

Kelsey

Overall the University of Central Oklahoma is a great school. The professors are kind, The work is decent, and The people are always ready for some conversation. The on campus living is decent. The food is edible at best. On campus living is too expensive for what they offer in my humble opinion.

dalton

The University of Central Oklahoma can best be described as the college for people who need a second chance. I came to UCO after a rough chain of events, both personal and academic, that I experienced at bigger universities. I had no experience in my field and a glum outlook on my chance of graduating, much less with a good GPA. The faculty at UCO truly cared for the students in their classes and pushed me to gain experience outside the classroom by providing opportunities to give back to the community, get involved in various zoological organizations, attend conferences or seminars, and even take part in undergraduate research. The biology faculty helped me develop my ability to learn effectively, understand the nuances of a career in biology, and to succeed academically. I would highly recommend the University of Central Oklahoma to students of any age and from any background who need close, compassionate interaction with their instructors in order to succeed.

Neenu

The University of Central Oklahoma is a great college. UCO has a great environment to learn and gets you involved in several activities around campus. UCO is a safe campus where students do not have to worry to walk around campus at night too. I love the campus because faculty, staff, professors, students, and everyone is nice and helping. UCO prepares the students well for the future.

Logan

I love UCO. There are tons of opportunities to get involved in something. There is always something going on around campus. The thing I like the best is how most of the majors have a club for people in that major to join. I think that is a great way for people to get some insight on their major and to have people to ask for help or if they just have questions.

Julie

The University of Central Oklahoma is my home away from home. I have found such amazing life-long friends that support me in everything I do, and I have had many amazing professors. I love this school with everything in me! The community here is so great and everyone is so tight-knit.

jamal

This is a great school that will help you learn more about yourself and also help you develop yourself into the individual that you would like to become. I loved my time spent at UCO and wish I could go back. If you are looking for a University that is very diverse then this is the University for you.

Marisa

UCO is a good school because i know when i want i can go to my church that is up there called life church

Joshua

It's a good school. My mother is an alum and it is in my home town so I am very familiar with the school, been on campus my whole like. I chose it because it is where I wanted to be and was not forced to attend. I would highly recommend UCO to anyone.

Jacob

I love the school. Class sizes are good if you want the college experience with the size of a high school classroom. Professors are accessible and care about students success. It is easy to make friends. We have a great hockey team. There are many of clubs for people who want to get involved. I’ve enjoyed Greek Life even though I was resistant to join because I’m not a big party person. Campus life is fun, but a little expensive. I’ve had an overall great experience.

I really love UCO mostly because of the open and accepting community but things like on-campus dining could use a boost. My friends and I have left Buddy's with our stomachs hurting and would like to see an improvement. Also making the cafe in the Nigh a part of the meal trade would be really beneficial. I love the SPB and the events they hold, my friend Jake and I always participate.

Michaela

I really love UCO. The teachers are always extremely helpful in or out of the classroom. The students are always kind. No one is a stranger. I never planned on attending UCO until I took a campus visit here and realized how utterly amazing of a school it is. I am currently taking some classes here through Dual Enrollment and I love it. I can't wait to attend here next fall.