University of Central Oklahoma Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Central Oklahoma

Julie

The University of Central Oklahoma is my home away from home. I have found such amazing life-long friends that support me in everything I do, and I have had many amazing professors. I love this school with everything in me! The community here is so great and everyone is so tight-knit.

jamal

This is a great school that will help you learn more about yourself and also help you develop yourself into the individual that you would like to become. I loved my time spent at UCO and wish I could go back. If you are looking for a University that is very diverse then this is the University for you.

Marisa

UCO is a good school because i know when i want i can go to my church that is up there called life church

Joshua

It's a good school. My mother is an alum and it is in my home town so I am very familiar with the school, been on campus my whole like. I chose it because it is where I wanted to be and was not forced to attend. I would highly recommend UCO to anyone.

Jacob

I love the school. Class sizes are good if you want the college experience with the size of a high school classroom. Professors are accessible and care about students success. It is easy to make friends. We have a great hockey team. There are many of clubs for people who want to get involved. I’ve enjoyed Greek Life even though I was resistant to join because I’m not a big party person. Campus life is fun, but a little expensive. I’ve had an overall great experience.

I really love UCO mostly because of the open and accepting community but things like on-campus dining could use a boost. My friends and I have left Buddy's with our stomachs hurting and would like to see an improvement. Also making the cafe in the Nigh a part of the meal trade would be really beneficial. I love the SPB and the events they hold, my friend Jake and I always participate.

Michaela

I really love UCO. The teachers are always extremely helpful in or out of the classroom. The students are always kind. No one is a stranger. I never planned on attending UCO until I took a campus visit here and realized how utterly amazing of a school it is. I am currently taking some classes here through Dual Enrollment and I love it. I can't wait to attend here next fall.

Johanna

I just transferred to UCO this month. I have not been very impressed with the administration, teaching, or campus facilities, but at the same time it is adequate. I have enjoyed that most of my classes are fairly small and so their is more time to interact with the professors.

Chesney

It is a smaller campus compared to Oklahoma University and Oklahoma State University. There is no rival and it’s a cute campus. I visited the campus my junior year of high school and now it’s my dream university. I can wait to start taking classes. I also know a few people that go/went to UCO and love it!

Michaela

I love my college. The students and professors all work together to make the most out of their fellow students. There is always plenty of activities to help get the students involved. They make it a priority to not just learn but have fun while doing it.

Faith

Overall it's a great school and I'm glad that I picked it. I'm a child development major- which is not a common one. All of the teachers here are wonderful and really want you to succeed, not just do well on a test. The classes tend to be small, so the teachers are able to work with you on an individual level. The food isn't the best, but there are several on- campus options and plenty of things within walking distance. It's a smaller school which means that there is always someone to around that you can eat lunch with.

Britney

I really enjoy going to school at UCO. It's a very diverse campus and we get a good education to top it off! We have a lot of clubs and organizations to join on campus and lots of sports to cheer on in our spare time. There's also a great library and lots of resources available to students.

Katie

UCO is a great campus filled with people from all over the world. The professors are always ready to help, opportunities of learning are abundant, and there are plenty of friends to make! You will surely find home (for the next 4 years) here!

kira

This university is a awesome school for people who are looking for small class sizes and a good education with professors that are willing to work with you. The campus is a great size so it feels like a big school, but it's not. You do not feel like your going to a small university on the other hand, you don't feel like it is complicated to get around either so its a win win. The food outside of the fast food chain restaurants is not the best and for lack of better terms disgusting. Although there are plenty of places to eat and enjoy yourselves because the campus is surrounded by places to dine and eat. On that note, there is always something to do here on campus and off campus so you should never truly be bored unless your studying for class.

Nalebra

University of Central Oklahoma overall performance on education is exceptional, but lacking a little bit where classes are more on a self-taught basis. Overall, great graduate and undergraduate programs. Met some wonderful professors and students.

Abbie

I absolutely love and enjoy the University of Central Oklahoma. The University of Central Oklahoma has allowed me the opportunity to continue my career as a softball player while pursuing a degree in Speech Language Pathology. I believe I am earning a stellar education that will allow me to go far in life and follow my dreams go becoming a Speech Language Pathologist. I am very thankful for the opportunities and help I have received from the University of Central Oklahoma.

Nickalette

I think this University has given me unlimited opportunities that my previous 2 universities did not give me. Everyone has a place here. I encourage anyone looking to coming here to go to all the fairs and cultural activities that are offered here because you will find something that suits you. there is so much that they offer you just have to be willing to go out there and do it.

Chelsea

I think that the University of Central Oklahoma is the perfect place for both small town people scared of big colleges and people who want the perfect class size. The wide variety of career choices and staff that truly care about your success is what sets this university apart from others. I would reccommend it to anyone in a heart beat and I am so proud to be a Broncho.

Dorothy

Great School! I wish we could lower tuition costs but that's the states fault not the schools. This school has such a variety of courses from Yoga to Forensics. They have a wonderful new STEM building that looks like it’s going to be amazing! Most of the teachers really try to work with you to make it through their class. I wish it was easier to get scholarships and grants for school here for not only in state students but also for foreign exchange students as well. There is a very large diversity of students at this school and it was named one of the best to even work for in the state, this year. They also have a lot of student organizations to help people in school, events to make new students feel welcome, and even a camel to ride on Wednesday’s sometimes. I have to admit there is always something going on somewhere on this campus. I have hear living in the dorms is fun, the University has been set in the middle of town so there is easy access to stores, restaurants and even parks. I was a bit overwhelmed at first when coming to this school, but soon learned it has so much going on. They have a theater to watch plays, they have an orchestra, a Jazz lab, a Forensic center, and if you get a chance you should check out Howell Halls atrium. This school is set up great and really focuses on its students.

JACOB

I loved the facility , the dorms and the football stadium. I love the look of the new football facilities being built. I think it is a huge improvement to the football facilities. I loved the whole school in general. I can see myself going to school here for the next 4 or 5 years.

Alison

I love UCO!! Ever since I was a freshman in high school, I knew this was the college for me. I'm from a small town, and I wanted to meet new people. UCO is a very diverse college, and it is full of life. There is always something happening on campus whether it be therapy dogs during finals week or everyone getting together outside for a game of laser tag! Class sizes stay around 20-30 people so professors have time to work with you. I'm so happy to be a Broncho!

Lacy

i love it! im super excited and i feel so honored to be able to tell people that im graduating from UCO!!!!!! my professors are so stinking sweet and there hasnt been a single one that i havent loved! not only have my professors been amazingggg, but my academic advisor has been just as amazing!

I am currently enrolled for fall 2020 to UCO. My family and I visited-toured the campus in December 2019. Our experience was awesome! The tour guides were such an enthusiastic group with lots of good info. I made friends immediately and am confident it is the place I am meant to be. The classroom settings are very modern with group settings. Dorms were very clean and accessible for all. We also met with advisers that day and they were so helpful that even my parents were relieved at the support we were given.

Darbie

Being a transfer student, I was scared to come to a larger school. I had a much more wild view of how I thought classes would be, but they're the opposite. I even had a class of 7 students this year, which I prefer! I love my teachers, major, and the campus size!

Tava

The University of Central Oklahoma has one of the best forensic science programs in the country!

Kailey

I am typically a person that takes a good amount of time to get used to change. The idea of moving away from my hometown, leaving my family and friends, was unsettling. I excelled in high school after finally becoming comfortable with the atmosphere, but I was not ready for huge turnaround of becoming a college student. I dreaded the first few weeks of classes and I avoided getting to know my professors and my peers. Once I realized that my negative attitude was getting me nowhere, I make a quick switch and find myself happier than I have ever been. As a freshman that just completed my first semester, I have nothing but good things to say about UCO. UCO is a very upbeat campus and accepting of anybody and everybody. The vibe is always positive and I constantly feel safe. As a Music Education major, I can say that the music building is so much fun and such an exciting thing to be involved in. As an undergraduate taking required core classes, I can truthfully say that it isn't that bad as you think it is going to be. I have yet to meet a rude professor, ALL of my professors had set office hours, were available by email at any time, and were always there for you! The professors at UCO are such great people and are there to make you the best version of yourself no matter what your career choice may be. UCO has so much to offer, I would definitely recommend this school.

Riley

I have visited several times. I have friends that go there. I have been accepted by early admission. I am so excited to go there. I will be the first to go to college in my family...on both sides. Neither my dad or mom went to college. My mom raised me by herself as a single parent.

Noah

The University of Central Oklahoma seems to be a very socially active and strong-willed college. I have toured the campus once and met several very kind and helpful students. The campus dean also has a very welcoming open-door policy and is open to meeting with students at any time to discuss grades, careers, and even a simple conversation or meet and greet.

DAMI

It is the safest and cheapest for living cost. The locals are friendly. All of the professors are attentive in regards to their students and accessible. The climate on the campus are generally mild except for the stormic seasons. The off-campus life is cheap and comfortable. My college is good for international students especially.

I love The University of Central Oklahoma. The campus is small and well kept and it is easy to find your way around. Every teacher I have had has been very helpful, understanding, and there to help the students pass before all else. The people are very nice and I love my dorm mates. The dorms have some issues but they are pretty old and the housing offices do a good job addressing student complaints. The food is not fantastic but no school has fantastic food in my experience and it is edible and easily accessible. It is a great campus!

Tyler

The University of Central Oklahoma provides an environment which encourages all students to reach their goals. The professors are extremely invested in the success of their students and helping them however they can. The College of Fine Arts and Design is especially exemplary. The faculty works cohesively to ensure each student is thriving and the students are all very supportive of one another. I feel honored to be a part of the Broncho family.

Kaylee

I personally love UCO! Like all things it has its flaws and may not be for everyone. It is definitely the place I consider home and I am so thankful for the opportunities it has given me!

Tymothy

overall, it is a school of high standards. you are an adult and expected to behave as such. there is a high expectancy for students to always be on time, do your work efficiently, and to be responsible both inside and outside the classroom. enjoyable environment for all.

Trezure

it is honestly great atmosphere, its a great environment. Professors are very helpful, most of the time they are available to talk after class and have meetingss. The classes are usually around 20-30 students or less in each class. Peers are very respectful and pretty nice.

Kenya

UCO is a very diverse campus. There are over 200 student organizations so being involved and staying involved on campus is not hard. There is something for everyone. The class sizes are small and your professors tend to know you by name. Professors here want to see you succeed and are typically available outside of class meeting times to assist you. There are various tutoring programs that will help you in almost every subject. There are so many resources available so you never have to feel like you can't ask for help.

Ravyn

The University of Central Oklahoma is a great university because it provides great internship opportunities, career placement and diversity. This public university provides a lower costing but amazing curriculum for students. This school's programs are highly accepting of the arts and allow each student to learn as they please.

Cait

I enjoyed the majority of my time at UCO! Edmond is a great college town, it’s grown so much in the last 10 years and is becoming a closer extension of OKC! UCO is fairly Greek oriented. Greek life isn’t hard to join, so I recommend doing so. It’ll open Manu more doors for you as far as extracurricular, relationships, connections, and fun events! I didn’t join but was friends with a lot of Greek life. Looking back wish I would’ve gotten involved in it!

Tasheonia

I love the environment and the nice social people. The campus is really easy to navigate as well! Class sizes are the best it’s like being back in a high school size class. The dorms are super nice and has a cozy home vibe. The teachers and academic advisors are always willing to help you out with any situation.

Rylan

When I enrolled for UCO in the fall of 2018, I did so because my mother had gone there and it was close enough so I could keep my job. I wasn't expecting anything grandiose like you would expect to find somewhere like OU, LSU, or Notre Dame. I honestly expected it to be a lot like an almost good college trying to act like it was a great college. I was very wrong. I very much enjoy UCO. The teachers and the students are so kind and helpful and there is as much school pride as you might at any other university!

Luke

It is a good school with a lot to offer for students in and out of the classroom.

Niang

The school environment was great. Everybody looks so friendly and nice. Everybody is willing to help in time of struggles. I love it. I lover how they have the Student Transformative Record program where you can keep record of your personal growth beyond academics.

I fell like that my experience at UCO has been good and I have nothing bad to say about my experience. The only thing that I wish I knew about was the on campus housing. I don’t live on campus I live at home. I know a few people who live on campus and they say that the housing is good.

Christiana

The school environment is quite friendly, professors are helpful and the smaller class sizes really benefit me by giving me more personalized interactions with my professors and peers. There are many student organizations and events on campus, but is not as lively, due to the high number of commuter students who just go home after classes. It would be nice if events had a larger attending population.

I love UCO it's a very active campus. There are a few things that are kind of confusing, but there is not one soul that won't help. The faculty is always here to help students that are confused or just don't know what they're doing. My academic advisor helps a bunch also by being available when I have a question. She's always open through email and is very helpful. I wouldn't want to go to any other school.

Keli

The school was wonderful and has a fully functioning photography dark room. The door to the dark is actually more like a portal to another dimension, but your immersion breaks if you accidentally spin the door the wrong way and slam it.

Joana

My first time to ever visit this university was my freshman year of high school. I attended the UCOLA leadership and after that day I knew that this was the school for me. The most unique thing about UCO is the atmosphere. The campus is flooded with different languages, accents, and cultures. This is one of the many reasons why I want to attend this school! I believe that UCO is a great place to just be who you are, and I hope it will create who I am.

Kasey

I believe it is a great working environment and everyone is extremely helpful. The class sizes make it easier for a student to have one-on-one time if they are struggling. I think the university of Central Oklahoma is a great place to attend college and start off life for the first time as an independent person.

Madison

I love the university. I was a cheerleader for 3 years, helping them bring home a national title. I got my first degree here, Business Law. Now I am back for a second. It is very inclusive. You can always get help if you need it. There is a ton going on that you can get involved with.