Cincinnati, OH
University of Cincinnati-Main Campus

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Cincinnati-Main Campus

Mary

University of Cincinnati truly has something for everyone - from unique and unusual extracurricular opportunities to a highly renowned honors program to the spirited sports scene. Students have hundreds of choices when it comes to course selection, and over 400 clubs and organizations to join. Advisors help students with choosing classes and majors, as well as career options and project funding.

What's the Greek scene like?

Around 10% of University of Cincinnati students join a fraternity or sorority, so it's fairly popular, but not necessary for social survival. Frat parties are already going on before the first week of school, and are a great opportunity to get to know another side to your new friends.

Alana

The professors are great and very approachable. The campus itself is beautiful with several quads and areas with trees. There are a lot of great places to eat/meet around campus and a variety of American and ethnic foods (including Chinese, German, Indian, and Ethiopian). If you are "college age" the students are generally friendly and accepting, but if you are "non-traditional" they area kind of stand-offish.

Katherine
UC is a great place

I love going here

UC is a great place

I love going here

Bearcat
Bearcats

Bearcats

UC is awesome. There is so much to do mainly because of its location. Cincinnati is truly an underrated city and is also up and coming, and is expanding rapidly. We have 4 major going out scenes: on campus, over the Rhine (OTR) in downtown Cincinnati with a huge bar scene, "The Banks" which is also a bar scene downtown by the river, and Mount Adams. There's so much to do and there's always some sort of festival or other event going on downtown. Our campus itself is really unique in aesthetics, the architecture speaks for itself. We have a variety of different personalities all around campus. And it doesn't hurt that we have the number 1 design school in the U.S. so all of our buildings and art around the campus is A1. So many artsy, creative, and smart people on this campus ranging from people majoring in Pre-Med to Graphic Design. Our Greek community is also pretty prominent on campus as well and it is only continuing to grow. You can definitely have a social life without being in Greek life but being involved in the Greek life at UC also gives you opportunities to have a lot more social/philanthropy activities to do. I personally met way more people once I joined Greek life and had more fun at UC once I joined a sorority my sophomore year. UC truly has it all and provides the typical college experience.

Kirk

It's probably best know for sports. In terms of quality academic programs, it's know for Engineering and Music.

The overall environment is unwelcoming and unhelpful for learning, working, & living.

Find more scholarships and audition at easier schools.

Kendryck

Campus is amazing; Classes are tough but not impossible; I'm proud of being a husband, father, full time employee (manager), and a full time student.

Take advantage of your performance from high school and don't wait to go to school!! You could have saved yourself a decade of hard work and challenges if you just focused on being responsible. There are plenty of opportunities to have fun and be social and there is no need to wait. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for. Don't be afraid of failure. Taking, what seemed to be, the easy path just ended up causing more headaches down the road. If you put your mind to it, you can balance and accomplish a tremendous amount at one time.

How to balance life as a non-traditional student

University of Cincinnati is unique because of the programs that are available and the campus. UC offers tons of majors the chance to intern for semesters throughout your college career. This opens so many paths for students to network themselves and set themselves up for a career once college is over. The campus is also unique with its football stadium dug into the center of campus and the environmentally friendly perks around campus.

If I could go back and give myself advice, I think the first thing I would say is not to worry. College was an intimidating thing to think about in high school, but after experiencing college, it is not that bad. I would tell myself that teachers are your friends and a great resource to have in college. Use them towards your advantage, they can help you out with most situations, give advice and help make, especially your first year, a little easier. Another is enjoy all of the free time you get. College gets crazy with deadlines, projects and papers that you sometimes have to sacrifice that Friday or Saturday night, and that’s okay because you're setting yourself up for greater success. An important piece of advice I would give myself is to be aware of finances. Now knowing that I attend an out of home state school, I would have been more cautious on my spending due to out of state fees and tuition. Overall I would make myself aware that it is important to remember that a lot more goes into college than what my high school self, thought but it is all worth it.

Anyone can attend University of Cincinnati and feel right at home. UC is a very proud community so they have to be someone who is ready to cheer on their Bearcats for any activity. UC also has so many programs, majors and activities that it is hard to not be involved in the university.

Allison

I absolutely love the University of Cincinnati! The overall campus is not too big and not too small, I consider it a perfect size. There are so many great restaurants and fun things to do around campus. For example, we just had a big snow storm and everyone was outside sledding and having a blast. The new football stadium is going to be amazing and I cannot wait to go to football games next year. UC also has many great organizations and amazing Greek Life opportunities. No one is ever bored at UC!

If I could go back in time and talk to my senior self, I would give myself the advice to branch out and make new friends from the beginning. When you get to a new place with new people it can be a bit overwhelming. I was really homesick and felt very alone. I made a few great friends, but one of them decided not to come back and I was left without one the only new friends I made. I joined a sorority, and my best friend I made in there turned out to be not so great of a friend, leaving me with basically no one. If I made more new friends from the beginning I would not be in this rough situation. If I could go back in time I would definately try to make new friends in my dorm and go to different events where there are lots of new students trying to meet new people. I consider that a lesson learned.

I wish I knew more about the amazing groups, clubs and organizations the University of Cincinnati has to offer. I am in a sorority, but things could have been different if i knew more about other organizations at UC. There are so many opportunities to meet new people, and sometimes I feel like I did not take full advantage of that.

University of Cincinnati-Main Campus administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.