University of Cincinnati-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of Cincinnati-Main Campus

We are big but not overwhelmingly so. The University of Cincinnati has a great balance of career preparation via Co-op programs and internships (we are responsible for the invention Co-op back in 1906) and social, extracurricular activities. Partners include P&G, GE, and others. We are an Urban Research University with awesome opportunities for student research. Our programs are highly ranked including the College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning (DAAP), College-Conservatory of Music (CCM), and College of Business with a solid MBA option. One of only 20 schools worldwide to compete in 2007 Solar Decathlon.

The Co-op program is what makes the University of Cincinnati unique. Students will have the chance to work with a company in their prospective field before they graduate. This is extremely beneficial becuase the student will get to see if he/she will enjoy the field they are going into, which gives them a chance to change majors if they are unsatisfied. Also it lets students relate what they are learning in class to real world problems which can make learning much easier. Finally students get work experience which gives them a leg up on graduates of other colleges.

The most unique thing about the University of Cincinnati is the diversity of the students as well as the diversity of majors. We have nationally ranked majors ranging from the College of Business to College Conservitory of Music. The most outstanding aspect to the University of Cincinnati is the Co-Op prgoram. Our majors that have the co-op program as an option gives the students an opportunity to gain experience in their chosen academic field while in college. We will graduate having not only a better understanding of our career goals, but also with experience!

When comparing my school to other educational choices the University of Cincinnati outranked them in academic prestige for my intended major and degree. I fell in love with the campus right from the very begining when I visited, and the distance from home was much easier to deal with then my other choices. While I was recieving the lowest amount of scholarships from Cincinnati, they were still the school that caught my eye in the end. The atmosphere at the campus while you are there made all the difference to me.

The University of Cincinnati has one the friendliest, relaxed campuses in the general area. Our university has been one of the leading contributors to the medical field. Many famous individuals have their roots at the University of Cincinnati. Here, among the hilly city of Cincinnati lies a bright gem, with many opportunities for your personal life as well as, career advancement. The opportunity here alone at the University of Cincinnati is what drew me in.

I haven't actually attended the school yet, I start in March. UC's Raymond Walters campus makes it a lot seasier for someone like me to attend school. I am a full-time working adult and mother who never went to college. I am a little nervous about going back to school with people half my age and younger, but everyone is so nice and very enouraging. I am very excited to start working on my college education - It is something I have alwyas dreamed of.

The unique thing about the University of Cincinnati is that I instantly felt a part of something bigger when I got there. The other schools I considered were Case Western Reserve University and Boston University. Both had different atmospheres and I do not think I would feel the same way. I became involved right away and I developed a pride for the University of Cincinnati that would not have occurred had I went to Boston Univeristy or Case Western.

Uc has so much history, my dad attended there for a year, and he never finished college. It is unique to me becuase going here makes my dad and my family really proud. Also, there is a community surrounding the college, cafe's, restaurants, and shops. Another unique quality are the buildings. Some have been added on to, and it takes a while to learn all of the tricks to getting around campus, but its easy once all the short cuts are learned!

My school is big enough where I do not know everyone that goes there, but it is not overwhelming in the sense that I feel like I am living in an entire city. I love how there is always activities for students to do on and off campus. At UC I felt that is was much more diverse than it was in my home town which was also a nice change in pace. I liked being able to meet all sorts of different people that I couldn't meet in my home town.

University of Cincinnati is unique because of the programs that are available and the campus. UC offers tons of majors the chance to intern for semesters throughout your college career. This opens so many paths for students to network themselves and set themselves up for a career once college is over. The campus is also unique with its football stadium dug into the center of campus and the environmentally friendly perks around campus.