University of Cincinnati-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of Cincinnati-Main Campus

The University of Cincinnati is a school which promotes hard work and integrity. Students who will do anything to get their grades are the ones who really enjoy it here. Basically lazy and careless students cannot thrive in the kind of conditions and standards that the University has set for itself. A person who is not willing to go the extra mile to get their grades up and careless about homework and work done outside class is not welcome. Not that they cannot meet up the expectations but because they cannot be consistent and that can cause them much.

Someone with a closed mind, unwilling to learn about both academics and human character should not consider The University of Cincinnati. There is a lot going on outside of the classroom at UC, in both student organizations and social activities. Somebody only looking to sit in a lecture hall to learn without taking a step into the community to serve or in the real world to gain work experience should not attend UC. UC is for the student looking to go outside the box, and to learn in more ways than one.

A person who needs individualized attention probably should not attend this school. Most class sizes are large and professors are not able to give much individualized attention. Also students who are more hands on learners probably should not attend. Most classes are lectures with no projects or group work. Finally students who do not do well on tests should not attend. Most classes tests make up 70-90 percent of the grade so if you do not do well on test you will not be successful here.

I don't think anyone would not love and want to attend UC. The university has a large populaion and you discover new friends turning every corner. Every culture, ethnicity, and style of people walk the campus daily. Also, there are programs and clubs offered for just about anything, and if you wanted to start one you could even do that. The only reason that could hold someone back might be if you don't like winter and snow, since Cincinnati does get cold in the winter.

University of Cincinnati is not for people who are uncomfortable with being around many people. The school hold about 42,000 students, so there is always people around. A person who doesnt enjoy the city life should refrain from apply to Cincinnati. The campus is very urban both in its architecture and in its surroundings. A person who does not enjoy interaction and being a part of the Bearcat family here at University of Cincinnati may not want to apply here.

I dont think it's entirley fair to say what type of person should not attend this school but if I had to absolutly pick a type it would be the type of person who has had everything handed to them on a sliver platter, school is paid for and they waist it away. For students like myself that have to work hard for every penny to pay for school, its hard to see a person like that drinking, smoking, or waisting away their life.

Students at the University of Cincinnati are in college to improve their lives, therefore a person who is attending college because they are only forced by a person other than themselves, want to just get away from home, or are not willing to put in the effort to strive in their major should not attend UC.

The University of Cincinnati is not for students who really like small classes and lots of direct, one-on-one time with professors. A lot of the general education classes are in auditoriums, and your professor will not know your name, and often times may not even recognize you.

Cincinnati is a school that really allows a self-motivated leader to flourish. It is a commuter-driven urban campus with a myriad of leadership and social opportunities. It is only those who live on or around campus that tend to take advantage of the assets that UC provides.

A person who is scared easily or feels uneasy with the city culture, as there is a fair amount of violence near campus and throughout the city. Also, someone who is not accepting of racial and ethnic diversity because the University of Cincinnati is a very diverse campus.