University of Cincinnati-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of Cincinnati-Main Campus

The most frusterating thing about the University of Cincinnati is the quality of the area of Cincinnati surrounding campus. Although surviving "Clifton" is essential to building character, the safety of the students is hard to monitor by the university. On-campus housing is limited and therefore students are submerged into old run-down housing where robberies and assults are more than common. The crime, rape, and violence rates are dangerously scary and UC police can only tackle so much. UC police and the City of Cincinnati police recently joined forces only to have the many unreported cases flood their efforts.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the cost to go there. I feel like the money I am putting in to go there is not worth the experience I recieved from attending this institution. The housing cost to much for poor quality living arrangments and I felt as though the quality of education I am recieving is subpar. This school does a poor job of making the students feel aware and wanted at this school. I feel as though once I give them my money, they got what they wanted and no longer seek to help me succeed.

The campus is very large. So, plan ahead and be timely. Come prepared to class every day. A student should spend a few hours a week per class. Start the program with well-defined goals. These goals will give the student something to work towards. Don't forget to take time for yourself. Specify one day or night a week that will be spent for hobbies, resting or socializing. If you do find yourself in trouble, get help immediately. Talk to your instructor, and if this is uncomfortable, then talk to a classmate.

The only thing that is frustrating is how intense the schedule can be. We spend endless hours rehearsing for shows, all the while balancing our academics, jobs, and anything else extracurricular. Sometimes you are so tired by the end of the day that you just wanna fall on the floor and not move for hours. But after the frustration settles you really feel rewarded. Once you sit back and acknowledge everything you've achieved, it feels good to know that you are pushing towards becoming a successful individual.

I get frustrated with scheduling classes. In my particular major, there tends to be only one section of every class offered. That means things can conflict very easily. Also, many classes are only offered one time per year, meaning that there is only one opportunity to take them, and if something conflicts, you won't have another chance. Also, for my major there are two campuses at which classes are offered. You have to take a shuttle to go between campuses, which can complicate scheduling even further.

There are not many concessions or opportunities for adult or non traditional learners which can make the process of completing your degree dificult. For example; if you would like to study abroad, which is usually a younger student's opportunity, but you are an adult learner, you must make it happen for yourself. This involves a lot of independent research online to find the oppotunities that work for you. There are many instances like this but with hard work and determination you can make it happen.

The programs are all on a very tight schedule and not very flexible for people that change majors. I ran into a problem last year that resulted in me switching majors from Exercise Science to Psychology to Undecided/Business. I had found out that the school had placed me into a general Exercise Science Program instead of the right one without consulting me and it was going to cost me an extra year and a lot of money to fix the mistake and they did not apologize fo the huge inconvinience.

The most frustrating thing is setting up advisor meetings and getting things figured out. There are many different people to talk to so you spend a full day running around talking to everyone to get one thing resolved. It becomes complicated with all the forms and what certain people want so then it becomes something stressful. Once you get something though, it becomes easier to do andthe process is easier for you to do things.

I would have to say the most fustrating thing about my school is city surrounding our campus. You have to walk quite a ways to get to the grocery store if you don't have a car. A shopping mall is about 15 miles away, so you have to take a bus. It's very diffucult to find parking if you want to eat somewhere around campus. Also the crime rate is a little high, so you feel like you always have to be prepared for that.

Every night, covered in sweat, I fall asleep. My dorm room in scolding hot and I have no controll over the thermostat. I leave my windows open 24/7, desperate for a cool breeze. Because of the windows staying open, I also lay awake at night to the yelling and partying students making their way back to the dorms each night. The thermometer in my room consistently reads above seventy-five degrees fahrenheit.