University of Cincinnati-Main Campus

« See more reviews of University of Cincinnati-Main Campus

The most frustrating thing about my school is probably the way that everything is done online. Not necessarily the homework, but applications and many forms for things have to be done online. This may be beneficial to many other people, but I prefer to do things hands on and to complete them physically as they are in front of me. It seems that almost everything is done online.

My school does not give enough resources for students to make friends with other students. It is hard to meet a group of people because there are not many activites presented by the school. I believe having friends is the most important aspect of a student because it shows how diverse you are. Not being able to communicate with other students is very frustrating to me.

The most frusrating thing about UC is the part of town that it is in. It is not safe for less than 4 people to be walking anywhere at night, and a girl should really never walk anywhere by herself during the day. There is also a lot of crime and with UC being in the middle of the city it sometimes seems dirty. There are also a lot of homeless people around the campus.

One thing at the University of Cincinnati that does fustrate many people is their, as we call it, "Hurry up and Wait " policy. At this universit y they like to rush the students in getting in all of there information , and then make you wait long periods of time before you receive feed back. This is not true so much with the professor as it is with the financial aide.

The admissions department at the University of Cincinnati is very ineffective. When I transferred into UC, I had to wait for a whole quarter before I started classes. If I started at the beginning of that year, I would be out of school in much less time, spending less money on more quarters of college tuition.

It's so big. Sometimes I sign up for a class and then end up dropping one because there is no way to get from one side of the campus to the other. It can also be frustrating because some lecture halls are so big with 100-200 students. Which doesn't allow for much teacher-student interaction.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the amount of required classes one must take in order to obtain a degree. I would have prefered to have had more liberty to choose more classes that I am interested in, rather than the classes in the requirement book.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that they don't give out many scholarships, even to students with high GPA's and ACT scores. It is very hard to receive a scholarship from the University of Cincinnati, making it expensive for many people.

Advising is not helpful. Cost of attendance. Lack of financial aid in my program/college allied health sciences. Lack of need-based funding from the schoool. lack of support for african american cultural research center and programs.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the tution amount, and the other expenses that it costs to attend there. With not having too much money, I've found it very hard to come up with the finances to pay for things.