University of Cincinnati-Main Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Cincinnati-Main Campus

Katherine

I love going here

Claire

I love the University of Cincinnati. It is a great school with tons of opportunities, an amazing campus, awesome professors and class opportunities, good housing, but the food kinda sucks. It is harder than it should be to get involved in clubs outside of your major but if you try, you can figure it out.

Randy

I am so grateful for opportunity to learn here, I am a bearcat for life! Because of this opportunity I will continue to share this with my son in the hope that he would attend this institution of higher learning. Obtaining my degree here is life changing.

Amy

The University of Cincinnati-Main Campus is aesthetically pleasing due to the early 1900s original buildings and architecture. There is a strong community and dedication to all majors. Most of the classes are a perfect size, but even in large auditorium classes, the professors are student focused and make an effort to get to know us individually. There is a really nice recreation center with a rock climbing wall and swimming pool. The campus security guards are always around. The libraries and extraordinary. I wouldn't want to go to University anywhere else - I love it here!

The campus itself is beautiful and the overall atmosphere is positive. Students are actively engaged in sporting events and extracurricular activities. The classes have professors that are available and fair, while administrators are very supportive of academic advancement.

Lydia

I love the University of Cincinnati! I wouldn't trade it for the world. I've made plenty of friends and have had many networking opportunities to help me out once I am out in the real world. The people here are very friendly and don't mind helping people out who may be lost or in need of help. I recommend UC to any and every one who wants to come!

It's a good school to be enrolled in. There are things to do if you want. Politically, I keep my views to myself while in class. Outside is another story. Some people are uninformed about current events. Not sure how that happens but there are people who's head is up in the clouds.

Mary

University of Cincinnati truly has something for everyone - from unique and unusual extracurricular opportunities to a highly renowned honors program to the spirited sports scene. Students have hundreds of choices when it comes to course selection, and over 400 clubs and organizations to join. Advisors help students with choosing classes and majors, as well as career options and project funding.

Bearcat

UC is awesome. There is so much to do mainly because of its location. Cincinnati is truly an underrated city and is also up and coming, and is expanding rapidly. We have 4 major going out scenes: on campus, over the Rhine (OTR) in downtown Cincinnati with a huge bar scene, "The Banks" which is also a bar scene downtown by the river, and Mount Adams. There's so much to do and there's always some sort of festival or other event going on downtown. Our campus itself is really unique in aesthetics, the architecture speaks for itself. We have a variety of different personalities all around campus. And it doesn't hurt that we have the number 1 design school in the U.S. so all of our buildings and art around the campus is A1. So many artsy, creative, and smart people on this campus ranging from people majoring in Pre-Med to Graphic Design. Our Greek community is also pretty prominent on campus as well and it is only continuing to grow. You can definitely have a social life without being in Greek life but being involved in the Greek life at UC also gives you opportunities to have a lot more social/philanthropy activities to do. I personally met way more people once I joined Greek life and had more fun at UC once I joined a sorority my sophomore year. UC truly has it all and provides the typical college experience.

Andrew

Within my first 36 hours of being a student at UC, I played ultimate frisbee on 4 different occasions. The amount of campus space dedicated to recreation is hugely satisfying for me, and provides constant opportunity for interaction and relaxation with my fellow Bearcats. I’m majoring in architecture, and the variety of building styles on campus is truly inspiring. The balance of beautiful traditional and modern architecture, the close proximity to new stores and restaurants, and the effortless transit to downtown Cincinnati all create a wonderful experience for me.

Avery

I do not think there could have been a better choice in schools for me. I had never encountered such a diversity in ideas and in cultures. I love going to school here. The food is good but very repetitive after a month or two, but you will truly get whatever type of college experience you are looking for because there are so many options. This is a university where your experience is what you make it and I would not want to go to school anywhere else.

Emma

The University of Cincinnati- Main Campus is a beautiful college campus with a diverse set of students and well educated professors. Class sizes can vary, but lecture classes are quite large. Overall, the students are passionate in a variety of different areas and there are bounteous amounts of extracurricular activities.

Chelaise

I really enjoy the campus and the atmosphere. They are very friendly and very Welcoming and easy to talk to. I really plan on attending the University in the Fall of 2018. And i plan to Major in Athletic Training and Get my Masters in that degree.

Colleen

I think that it is a good college to attend, and it offers a lot of opportunities. There are some ups and downs to the college. It is in the city, so it can be a bit unsafe, but they have services that help with this. There are many clubs and events that you can participate in, though it might take you actively searching for these events and clubs (they aren't publicized too well).

Devun

Amazing!

I really like it and it makes me happy to be there. I hope to continue having a fun time in an excepting and amazing environment. There are so many opportunities on and off campus. Cincinnati offers amazing educational programs, their co-ops are top ranked and are something that really set them apart from the rest.

Leah

I am a UC Bearcat through and through. Cannot recommend it enough. The co-op program is like no other. You gain real life work experience and get paid for it too — amazing for all of us confused and indecisive college students. I feel prepared and ready to take on the world as a designer.

Victoria

I love UC! Very clean and safe campus. A campus that is big enough to explore and meet new faces everyday but not too big where you'll get lost all the time. UC takes great pride in their sports teams and all of us show Bearcat pride at every game. It's my perfect "home" away from home.

Carlos

From the moment I stepped onto campus I knew that this was where I was supposed to be. UC has a great feel to it being a large college but not with a large feel. I kind of think of it as a city within a city. I would 10/10 recommend UC to anyone! Best of Luck!

Ann

University of Cincinnati is a great school, with boundless opportunities at a great price. I have met incredible people and have loved my time here. The political science and international affairs programs consist of students passionate about their area of study, and UC staff have helped me so that I can double major, double minor, and pursue a certificate!

Chris

Thus far I have enjoyed my time here. I’m getting a good education and meeting all kinds of new and exciting people from all over the place. With me being a member of an athletic team here on campus it helps a lot in the meeting new people. It also helps me utilize all the resources available to the students here at the university. I truly enjoy going to class everyday.

Stuart

The campus is a fun-loving atmosphere and I really enjoy it. Each school has their negatives but overall I personally love the experience at my University. The vibe is such an energetic fun happy one. You always can look to your left and right and always see somebody smiling. Its just in our nature to be positive.

Alana

The professors are great and very approachable. The campus itself is beautiful with several quads and areas with trees. There are a lot of great places to eat/meet around campus and a variety of American and ethnic foods (including Chinese, German, Indian, and Ethiopian). If you are "college age" the students are generally friendly and accepting, but if you are "non-traditional" they area kind of stand-offish.

The University of Cincinnati is a great campus! It's a safe environment and I have met so many wonderful people along the way. It gets you involved in many programs and helps you grow as a person. The academics are great as well! UC has well prepared me for a bright future.

Emmanuel

The campus culture is very nice, overall there is a culture for academic success of all students and there are many resources that help to foster that success. The campus is very unique in terms of design, great sites to see. The campus is also close to the downtown area so its very easy to interact with the city which has lots of great activities. The are also a lot of great clubs to join who are heavily involved with the city, also the clubs are beneficial because they provide a lot of networking opportunities. For engineering specifically the co-op program is really nice, a great way to gain ample experience and determine what you really enjoy doing before graduation. The downside of this institution is that the party scene is a tad bit boring. There are parties, I just find them boring.

Michaela

I love the University of Cincinnati. The campus is a decent size to accommodate our students but not too difficult to navigate; there are lots of events on and off campus; and the faculty is very conscious of student life and is eager to offer support any way they can. Many of the classes I take are a good size, probably 20-30 people, and many of the professors I've had are engaging (although I can't say that for everyone). The campus does have a bad reputation for crime; it's mostly robberies off-campus but I feel as if the number of sexual assaults, especially on campus, have gone up without too much action being taken about it.

The campus itself has given me many opportunities to grow as a student and a person. There are many extracurricular organizations that anyone can join and easily feel like a part of the community. The campus is very lively, and tries to actively promote diversity and upcoming events. Some things that can be improved are buildings and additional parking. Most of the professors I've had are pretty fair, however, our Computer Science/Engineering department is lacking. I've only had a few professors that are willing to engage the students in the subject, making it difficult to grasp the concept especially for a beginner software developer like me. Overall, the campus has many opportunities to take on leadership roles, and allow students to dive into other cultures and customs, however I would like to see improvement in the academic areas.

Alexandra

I love this school and I am so glad that I chose it. I picked it because not many colleges in Ohio are well known for my major but this one has a great program so it was one of three I was looking at. It's very easy to find similar-minded people and there are so many clubs and events here. There is some really nice on-campus housing if you're willing to spend a little bit of money and it's only about fifteen minutes from one side of campus to the next. There's also so much to do around here so there is plenty of chances to have fun but there are also very many nice and quiet places to study.

Samuel

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at UC so far. I have met some amazing people, many were due to the school's encouragement. I have had some amazing professors but also some very bad professors, especially in the common classes like Chemistry. Finding things to do is not a problem on campus but on the academic side a single bad professor could ruin a students chances at their preferred major. Something I saw happen to several friends in Chem 1. However the majority of professors are at least acceptable with several outstanding individuals among them.

Lydia

I genuinely enjoy attending UC. My parents were nervous about me living in the Clifton area, but it has improved amazingly over the past few years and I have yet to feel unsafe while at school. The surrounding area is great and usually very lively. My professors are some of the most understanding educators I could've hoped for, and they are available and genuinely interested in helping us achieve our goals.

brooke

I fell in love with this college as soon as I stepped foot on campus. The class sizes are great, everyone is friendly and nice, teachers are so accessible. The campus is easy to learn your way around and the community is great. Everyone loves the city and campus housing.

Ummul

The University of Cincinnati is a great place to study and be involved in activities. The campus size is medium and in an urban location which allows students to mingle with off campus activities and events. The worst part about UC is the lack of options in the dining halls as the same food is served every day. The best part of the campus is the variety of people who show interest in similar activities.

Christy

The campus is huge and there is always something to do. I love that the organizations always have different fundraisers and games every day

Rebekah

I love UC. I don't know how I will ever be able to thank the community that has given me so much. UC students bond together over hating Xavier, our not so great football team, and our amazing dance team. Whether you are part of the Greek community or not, everyone is welcome. The University of Cincinnati is accepting of all people no matter where you come and I am so lucky to be a part of this amazing school.

I love the school! I think it is a great campus and can provide so much for the students that come here. My only complaint about the University itself is that I do not always feel like the academic advisors are helping to do what is best for me or helping to guide me in the direction I want to go instead they try to guide me in the direction they want me to go.

Courtney

The University of Cincinnati is a great school. I learned a great deal during my time there and it was extremely helpful that professors were usually available before and after class for questions. I think some advisers are better than others in terms of helping students choose classes when suggested classes are full.

Catherine

My overall opinion of UC is that the college has the same stuff as all other colleges and more. There are several optional and sometimes mandatory programs to get experience in your field to help build your resume. The REC center is awesome and offers a nice variety of things to do in your free time. The dining halls are nice and have decent accommodations for dietary restrictions, I have some so I know they do. The surrounding area is nice and relatively safe. There are several clubs and teams to join so you're bound to find a group of people you like. The library is very nice, and the teachers and tutors are easy to contact.

Juman

I really like the University of Cincinnati i really dont want to go anywhere else but UC. I like the people i have met the facilities there are great i love the Chick-fil-a on campus. Every professor i had was always nice and understanding of my disability accommodations.

Ganda

My college is a big playground. With the art and creativeness running through the veins of it you wouldn't want to miss. The controversy and the society formed here causes a lot of buzz and attention sometimes good, sometimes bad. Finishing my freshman year and can't wait to come back next year.

Gold

I love Cinci! I personally think its underrated as a whole.. right now I'm in summer break and I'm dying to go back. Theres something/ people there that can suite any type of person. Plenty of food and clothes places just walking distance from the school. Party scene is great but so are the professors! i recommend this school to anyone. GO CATS.

Cecelia

I love the program I'm in and it's one of the best in the country so I never thought of going anywhere else. Now that I'm here, I enjoy it a lot. It's super pretty, has a lot to do, and is close to everything with it being in the middle of Cincinnati. I just wish it wasn't as expensive and they gave out more scholarships.

Justin

It feels like my home away from home where I know I will end up with a great education and be ready to take on the real world. UC has provided me with the best possible resources for me to become in contact with business professionals. This has given me the opportunity to already have a job lined up with a major company this coming spring.

Alvin

The University, first of all, is huge. The main campus is most intimidating because of this. But no worries. You will rarely spend time outside the area where your classes do not reside and you will be fine. There are always new people to see. You could meet someone while walking, and without maximum effort, you could never see them for the next two months. Friends are everywhere, and most people are very welcoming. Student life is blended and the school advocates strongly for diversity and inclusion in every form. On-campus facilities are state of the art, and when you have time, as long as you are a student, you have no restraints whatsoever. The campus architecture and surrounding are science oriented and it made in a way to accommodate rain and other weather elements, and it is listed as one of the most beautiful college environments in the United States. Some classes are huge depending on your major, and some majors are harder than others, but if you are where you want to be, you will love it. There is so much to do outside of class. Intramural sports are very big in the school and FC Cincinnati game tickets are discounted for students. The school is surrounded by many housing units like apartments and such, which are built for student life. There is so much food on and around campus, including three Starbucks, Chick-Fil-A, Burger King, Taco Bell, Raising Canes, Panera, Buffalo Wild Wings and Chipotle, as well as many stores like Kroger, Target, and Urban Outfitters. Some of the stores around even discount food and you can afford things with your Bearcat ID card. Apart from all the flashy things, the university is known for top-notch academics. The college of business, college of engineering​ and applied science, and campus conservatory of music are just three of what the school is known for. It's a great school and I highly recommend it. I'm an immigrant and I feel welcome and supported there.

Madison

It's a beautiful campus and from my experience thus far, I've had very few unfavorable experiences. There are always resources at your disposal for help with your education. If it's not meeting with your professors themselves, then its free tutoring or academic advising sessions. The environment on campus is great. My dorm is well kept, campus is incredibly clean, and safe for the most part. The surrounding area can be a little sketchy, but safety is a top priority at the university. There are plenty of campus jobs and TONS of student organizations to keep you occupied. One of the best things has got to be the city. Theres so much to do in Cincinnati, and a lot of it is right near campus. It's a great school and I'm glad I made the choice to attend it last fall.

Kelly

Campus is beautiful with great professors. Easy access to classes.

Alexandra

I believe that University of Cincinnati is located in a place that is thriving with things to do. It is 10 minutes outside of downtown with all of it's new parks, restaurants, Findlay Market, Over The Rhine area, etc. There is much to do in the area of Calhoun street and Ludlow shops. Campus is always energized and has some sort of activity or club participating on the public athletic fields and areas. Construction means that things are being constantly improved for UC's students. Teachers are welcoming and seem to care about more than a grade online.

Taj

When I thought of continuing my education beyond a high school diploma, I always thought of furthering my education at the University of Cincinnati. It was my dream university to attend. It was far away from home, but also had the convenience of being close enough to go home whenever I pleased. The academics are phenomenal, the culture is vibrant, and the staff is always pleased to help whenever is needed. The University of Cincinnati was the best choice I made, when it came to furthering my education.

Rebekkah

As beautiful as the campus is, the actual school is lacking. The dorms aren't at all nice, bathrooms are hardly ever clean, and three people are squeezed into a two person room. The school is very hard to get in contact with and they will randomly charge you for things that you had no idea you were being charged for. And for the DAAP program, they tell you that you do not need art experience but then never teach you just expect you to know everything.

Alexandra

I think that the University of Cincinnati has some of the greatest professors, who have had extensive experience in the field they teach and conduct fantastic primary research. There are several that I still keep in contact with. UC also has a great website for seeking out extracurricular activities as well as a very active social scene both on and outside of campus. Cincinnati is a great place to be where you want to go out and have fun and also develop your network with the hundreds of reputable businesses in the City.

Nicholas

University of Cincinnati is an excellent learning facility with many resources. The campus is like a small city. The buildings are in close proximity for walking to class or library to study between class. I found this very important this year after my patella surgery and had to crutch the campus! The counselors are very helpful with scheduling classes to fit the students academic and personal needs.