University of Cincinnati-Main Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Cincinnati-Main Campus

Alyssa

My overall rating for the University of Cincinnati is a strong 4 stars. There isn’t much not to like here. Being in the city the location is great for getting internships, co-ops, and ultimately a steady job after college. There are loads of restaurants to go to just minutes off campus, and if you ever feel like you need to get away from the UC life, Downtown Cincinnati is only about a fifteen minute drive away. If you like sports the University of Cincinnati is definitely the school for you. In just the 2018-2019 school year the Bearcats have already had many athletic accomplishments. For the first time ever in the same year Bearcats football had over ten wins, men’s basketball had over twenty-five wins, and women’s basketball had over twenty wins. The University of Cincinnati excels in many different sports, so no matter what sport you like the Bearcats are sure to offer you a good game to watch. Campus life is one of my favorite things about the University of Cincinnati as well. There are so many organizations and clubs offered here that welcome students with open arms. The students at this university are diverse and so are the organizations, so whatever you are interested in you are bound to find a group of people with your same interests. If I could change one thing about the University of Cincinnati it would be the dining halls. There are four dining halls on campus, however they all serve just about the same things with little variation in the meals day-to-day. There isn’t a whole lot of healthy food options either which doesn’t help when it comes to gaining the “freshman fifteen.” Another downside to UC’s dining halls is that only one of the dining halls offers to-go boxes. As much as I love walking all the way to the dining halls in the dead middle of winter when it is zero degrees out, it would be nice to have the option to take food to go so I could just stop on my way home from class and get food to eat later. Overall, UC is a great school and has a lot to offer students. Picking to attend the University of Cincinnati was the best decision I’ve ever made!

Omar

I really enjoy the University of Cincinnati, specifically my major (Information Technology), In IT at UC, you must complete 5 co-ops to graduate. This rule is a huge benefit because students don't only get experience, but also an income to help pay their tuition. Many universities don't even have an option to major in IT, so for UC to really push IT is an added benefit. Additionally, the professors are quite accessible and my peers are fairly driven to succeed in their lives. Many people are very kind and the amount of resources that are devoted to the students is pretty incredible. The resources include UC night ride, a free recreation center, multiple libraries, access to great food and nightlife, and some of the best arts and academic programs in the country. Furthermore, the administration at UC really cares about the students, as evidenced by the tuition freeze this past year. Many students would be negatively impacted by an increase in tuition, but thankfully our president made a big push for us, which allowed us to maintain the same cost of tuition. All in all, UC is a phenomenal university that has a great IT program, phenomenal resources for students, and a caring administration that cares about the needs of students.

Victoria

The University of Cincinnati has the potential to be a thriving institution of education. There are wonderful teachers, plenty of opportunities, a plethora of activities going on. If you could essentially pick up the campus and put it somewhere else you would be set. The area around the campus really affects students overall view on the campus. It is incredibly unsafe with very little around it. The dorms are less than amazing, but many are being rebuilt, a new business school is being built, along with a nationally recognized architecture and nursing program. All Cincinnati needs is for its campus to reflect is academics.

The University of Cincinnati is in an up and coming location with years of history and culture at your fingertips. Not only is the campus engaging, but the area surrounding it is a wealth of opportunity if you're ready to find it. I'm from the area, but attending the university has not only taught me the essentials of success in my major, but has also given me a greater appreciation for the beautiful city. Every professor I have come in contact with so far has made it a point to keep themselves available to students and demonstrate their desire for us to succeed, which is a marvelous reflection on how the University of Cincinnati prides itself on excellence.

Bethany

The main people at this school only care about money. One the other hand, all of the teachers are there to help and they are so welcoming. I really like being here. One-Stop is really bad and they need to fix that. It is supposed to be a quick and easy way to help students, but it is the opposite of that.

I truly enjoy going to the University of Cincinnati. The tuition is relatively inexpensive compared to nearby colleges, I feel safe when I'm here, and I have enjoyed the three years I've spent here. I am in the College of Business, and the networking opportunities, as well as the co-op program has given me so much and I feel very prepared for the workforce when I graduate.

keari

i think uc is a very great

Love it! I felt just right at home when I first visited and that feeling hasn't changed. Big enough that there's always someone new to meet but small enough that you don't feel that you get lost in the crowd. Great academics and great extra curriculars on and off campus.

Gabbie

I love it! The lindner college of business has a lot of opportunities and the job rate after college is 95% of people get jobs the other 5% are on there way to graduate school. I love UC!! UC everybody is connect. All the facilities are open anything such as all the stadiums .

Dakota

My overall opinion of the campus is that it is an amazing campus the campus is small enough to get across in a decent amount of time, while also being big enough to give you the major college feel. Really nice buildings with brand new equipment really helps you further you're studies and you're education. Plenty of off campus housing that is relatively nice and varies in all ranges of pricing and distance from campus. On campus housing is excellent with brand new buildings and renovations taking place every year to make the campus nicer.

Nadya

UC is overall a great school for a state school. It is a cost effective option. Given its size, professors handle large lectures very well and are available for students after classes. The culture at UC is very diverse and dynamic. It is very easy to find your own niche. A lot of dorms are poor quality and off campus housing is expensive. There are plenty of things to do around campus.

Addison

I love the University of Cincinnati. I came from out of state for many reasons. Personally, I am offered in-state-tuition which is an amazing opportunity that UC offers to many different counties in other states. Cincinnati also has the Co-Op program in which students work full time in the real world while alternating semesters with school. These Co-Ops are paid and are often the best scholarship because the money can be used towards your education. Cincinnati also offers me a big DI school that feels like a small school. Many people do not realize that UC has over 43,000 students that attend it. UC's campus is small in size but it is not small in opportunity. There is always something going on throughout the week, whether that's UC sporting events, an FCC soccer game, or different events hosted by different student organizations on campus. Even though we are large in student size, our classes are small in numbers. Aside from the major general education courses that many majors are required to take, classes will rarely be over 50 in your first and second year, and rarely over 25 in your 3rd and 4th years. Our professors genuinely care about our education and it shows. All professors hold office hours but are often found in their offices during other times meeting with students or just being there in case a student needs to meet. Our campus is made beautiful by our old buildings, but the insides of them are anything but old. The buildings have undergone renovations in the last years to make them technology updated on the inside so that the students can flourish. Overall, UC offers an education that cannot be rivaled on a campus unlike any other.

Jacob

Ever since I was little I have always known about UC. Most of my family went here and also a lot of my friends. Even though I grew up about 30 minutes away from campus and came to many UC sporting events I wasn't expecting it to be THIS good. It is a big school but you know a lot of people. It has amazing career opportunities as well as career connections. Programs are designed to get you jobs that you will want. Tuition is not a lot compared to other schools of its caliber. it is also an amazing return on investment.

Valerie

A clean, beautiful, and well maintained campus that is easy to walk across and even bike. The recreational facilities offer lots to do and have good open times. People on campus seem to be friendly. Help for incoming students is easy to find and accessible. It's also nice that the medical campus is nearby and that it is surrounded by hospitals that any Medical or Pharmacy student can access for volunteer hours, residency, or a job post graduation. The professors are challenging but fair and the campus offers a lot of resources to help you get your best grade from one on one tutoring to supplemental instruction.

Kaitlyn

Love it. Most awesome place with tremendous diverse opportunities on and off campus. This school allows me to pursue my goals and has an amazing support staff that helps hide me through every imaginable process. I had offers from many colleges but felt this was like Home to me.

Walker

The University of Cincinnati overall has a really good campus. The facilities are really nice especially the Rec-Center, the professors are generally good, and there are many opportunities to better your career especially with co-op. There are also clubs and sports team for a variety of interests. Go Bearcats!

Chelsea

I am a new graduate student here and have really enjoyed being on campus. The atmosphere is one that is full of ambition, dedication, and inspiration. Even on a rough day, I feel as though I am moving towards something greater and really making something of myself. I am excited to see how the rest of my years here play out. I have full faith that I will receive top-notch education.

Brooklyn

I love it. The campus was absolutely beautiful. The recreation center is unlike I've ever seen before. All the students that we met were very nice. All the building are relatively close together. The only thing that bothers me is how the dorm rooms are a little smaller than other colleges, and how the buildings are on the other side of a somewhat busy road from the actual campus. But other than that It is an amazing school.

Kay

I love the University of Cincinnati. I will admit that there are good and bad things about going here, but every college is like that. We're not that big on sports, and not located in the safest area BUT UC is so incredibly diverse and the teachers here are amazing.

Zoe

This campus holds a lot of different opportunities for EVERYONE. Some colleges focus on a specific kind of student, but UC is very open-minded. We always enjoy a change. I currently am a first year student on campus and I can already feel the togetherness that the campus creates. Everyone strives to aid one another and that's what I like the most about the campus.

The University of Cincinnati-Main Campus is a very well organized campus. Although the constant construction if annoying, basically every college does that. The on campus housing is extremely nice, depending on the dorm you are in. For example Turner and Schneider Halls are very nice where Daniels hall is usually a mess. I cannot put in a comment on off-campus housing because I have not lived that way yet. The academics is excellent here. The downsides are that some of the buildings have those rooms that are just really warm no matter the time of the year. Overall the Main-Campus is a great place.

Dominique

I am extremely happy with my decision to go to UC. I have had the opportunity to meet Fortune500 CEOs, enjoy Division 1 sports, and meet amazing faculty and students. I am extremely excited to learn about what UC has to hold for me in the next 4 years.

The architecture and facilities are very well planned and provide students with a lot of opportunities for success. Being part of the DAAP design school was amazing. I was given the chance to intern and gain real world experience as well as attend amazing studio design courses. The university offers a lot to its students.

Kimberly

The University of Cincinnati O' what great minds and great ideas have come from here. One of the first thing that you notice when walking on campus is how beautiful and well - rounded the campus is. You also get well informed about the many available programs, and options for any major you could possible think of.

Sakina

If you're in the right major, you'll love this school. The professors for your major are very intellectual and intelligent. There's a great gym, our sports teams gain some attention. It's​ an awesome location because you get to taste college while also the city at the same time.

I enjoy it a lot especially with all of the opportunities to learn about other cultures and broaden my prospects on what it means to be a student and living in a community. I love all of the hands on learning that we have and how nice it is to have so many people wanting to help us succeed in our academic career. I will say however that there seems to be a lack of communication with students as to what is going on with certain things and making sure that all technological advancements in certain fields are being explained or just fixed in general. There seems to be a problem also with some construction and not working around the students normal lives, but it is not too bad. All in all, I love the school that I chose.

Nicholas

In my short two years spent at the University of Cincinnati-Main Campus so far, I can only describe my experience as inspiring. Coming in as a success hungry Cincinnati kid, I had the drive to become a young professional, but not much sense of direction in order to achieve that status. Within my first year at UC I was already taking classes preparing me for the professional business world. I acquired skills related to resume building, interview techniques, and networking which allowed me to secure a fulltime internship in the fall of 2016, and then another in the spring of 2017. The University of Cincinnati-Main Campus prepares its students to be able to not only survive in the professional world, but hit the ground running as soon as they begin. An education without real world experience only sets students up for a slow start to their careers. At the University of Cincinnati-Main Campus, every single student is given more than enough opportunities and encouragement to be able to excel in their respective fields of interest as earlier as they desire.

Kirsten

I believe that UC is a good school if you truly want to do well academically as a whole. There are plenty of resources if you take advantage. I personally think that UC should have more lighting for it to feel safer at night but overall it’s an okay college.

shiloh

personally, i thoroughly enjoy the campus. I have made quite a few friends and I'm reminded of my high school with the type of people that attend here. However, i can see how this campus isn't for everyone but what I​ have noticed is that everyone here is down to earth and the staff is fairly kind. My biggest complaint however would be the food.

Silja

The University of Cincinnati is an amazing school and was my first choice college! The campus is beautiful, everyone here is so nice and teachers truly care about their students. There are over 200 clubs to join, and there is a Subway, a Taco Bell, a Chick-fil-a as well as 3 Starbucks on campus!

Huda

I love it! The campus is well organized and good size!

Angela

I love being on campus! It has a great atmosphere and there is always something going on on campus. I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. There is so much to do on and around campus. On nice days there is plenty of space to go out and enjoy the day. The basketball team is amazing and I encourage everyone to go to at least one game, GO BEARTCATS!

Macey

I was definitely nervous for starting college. It was a huge adjustment from a really small town where everybody knows everybody, to a university where you will literally never know thousands of people. It was scary having to meet so many new people, but it was amazing to have a fresh new start. UC has so many activities and a great community to build friendships and find people that have the same interests as me. I also enjoy the size of the campus; its large enough to have lots of space to spread out in but not too big as to be overwhelming. Its well kept and is quick to solve any problems with live updates of the solutions via emails and easily accessible resources for students to use to remain safe. It really makes me feel secure with all of this information that is there for me anytime that I need. I am very much enjoying my newfound freedom and tackling my new responsibilities one step at a time.

Audrey

I have only been there for a semester but I enjoy it. My classmates are amazing and make the classes fun. The professors are knowledgeable. The dining halls are pretty good but get boring after a while. It is pretty safe on campus but we've had some issues with gunshots and guns which is slightly scary. However, overall I enjoy going here.

Morgan

Before coming to campus, I wasn't able to be open with my gender identity or feel comfortable discussing it with others. Now that I've visited the university LGBTQ center, I feel much more welcomed and the campus has certainly made accommodations for us. I feel safe expressing myself on campus and I know that if I ever have a problem, there will always be someone around for me to seek guidance.

Logan

I love main campus! It is a very great environment and it makes you feel at home. The residence halls are great for living on campus. Off-campus housing is also amazing! The food on campus is not amazing but it is still good. Overall it is a great place to be for your 4 year degree or more! I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking to go to the University of Cincinnati!!

Grace

I enjoy the campus and all that the school has to offer. I really enjoy the program that I'm in and have learned a lot about what I am interested in pursing a career in. There are opportunities to be involved and find an organization that fits what you are interested in.

Alyssa

The University of Cincinnati is a great place to further your education. The campus offers many unique events, such as seeing a concert on a week-day at the Conservatory of Music or seeing a football game on the weekend located at the heart of campus. The professors are always willing to work with you and offer extra help, with many professors holding office hours and review sessions. The campus houses a multitude of ethnically and culturally different people, and there are clubs for almost anything you can think of. The University of Cincinnati is overall a great school and helps to not only further your knowledge, but allows you to experience events you might not had if not attending UC.

paul

I think UC Main is a good place to get a good education. There is always something going on and the Profs in my program are great. The school has really gone from only caring about athletics to being a really good academic school the past few years.

Alicia

I love the university of cincinnati. It is surrounded by culture and is always pushing me to think about people other than myself. There are always things going on on campus for all to be involved in. All students are accepted as they are and there is a place for everyone.

tim

University of Cincinnati is a beautiful campus. We have some must unique buildings in the country on campus and our football stadium is in middle of the campus which is nice that you can walk through it every day to get to class. At the business school, the professor are top in their field and work with community leaders and business leaders to teach us what is needed in the real world. In return, major corporation hire us. We have one of the top internship and coop programs and we start coop program. We have companies that come into our classroom and recruit us to come work for their companies.

Conner

Terrible organization and academic advising. They messed up my admissions over a "computer error" and then didn't fix it. Transferring to OSU for a better education. People here are great though, highly recommend choir, Greek life and just getting involved. The university needs to work on its staff members.

Jeffrey

The college itself is very good; the academics, buildings, and the aura of the campus are beyond amazing. Every teacher, worker, or advisor, that I have met on campus has been extremely helpful and honestly wants the best for the student. The surrounding area of campus is all that great, but the campus is relatively safe.

Morgan

The university of Cincinnati has a beautiful campus, with lots of things for students to do near campus. The management of UC however is very unorganized and does not provide much information or help to students. I have experienced this personally and in my own college of study. Many issues have arisen through out the year for me and it has made my college experience very difficult.

K

UC i a great school. Most every field can be chased here, there is little to no drama, everyone can find their own route to success in their chosen field. Professors at UC, for the most part, are very supportive and love their subject matter. They can make you interested in topics that you had no prior interest in, all because they are passionate themselves.

Hope

The University of Cincinnati is a uniquely diverse university located in Cincinnati Ohio. There is a great blend of students of all interest groups, nationalities, skill levels, and intelligence. There's always an opportunity to get involved on or near campus, and it will take you where you need to go!

Everyone I have met has been very friendly and open, including faculty and staff. The campus itself is beautiful in a city life way while also having a good amount of greenery on campus. There isn't a spot on campus where I look around and am not in awe of the beauty. The studying spaces are very calming and nice to work in as well and encourage brainstorming and teamwork. The dorms are okay. Not incredibly social but for the most part are well kept.

Kelsey

I completed my first semester at the University of Cincinnati in the fall of 2014 before shipping off for 5 months of training with the U.S. Army for Military Police certification. I was planning on returning to school the next fall to continue with college. However, upon returning home, I was unexpectedly informed that my unit was deploying in a few months. Plans to return back to school turned into plans to deploy for a year. My unit returned home this past fall of 2016 and I resumed school the same month. While deployed, I sustained an injury that required me to get surgery during the school semester. Post deployment ceremonies, drills, and the surgery prevented me from school for close to two weeks. With all of the interference I was scared to return back to such a large seemingly impersonal school. I thought as though I had to learn how to study in a school again. To my surprise, the University of Cincinnati helped me through every step of my integration. My academic advisor assisted me to get a good schedule to reintegrate myself slowly back into school. She provided me with the contact information for a veteran’s advisor to help me get the help I need for a tutor, benefits or assistance of any sorts. In my time absent from school, I was able to talk to my professor who did not penalize me for absence. Instead, she welcomed me to her office hours to run me through the lessons when I returned. She brought me information about my major and offered me advise when I asked. My friends from the university gathered around to provide me assistance in my course work and drove me to classes while I was on crutches. The University of Cincinnati has been a blessing to say the least and extremely helpful in the reintegration back to college. I love the University of Cincinnati and I feel they will help me achieve the best to my ability in the next upcoming years.

Halle

I loved the campus. Everything was extremely accessible. I will be attending in the Fall and am so excited! I know a few current students who said their favorite part was how easy it was to meet people, because everyone is so welcoming. The classes are easy to navigate and everyone is there to help you.

Franco

Overall, the University of Cincinnati is one of the best schools. The university provides all students great teaching, staff members, and many opportunities to excel in our studies. Aside from the academics, the university's community is safe and structured. We feel comfortable taking part in helping our staff and peers. In conclusion, I feel honored to have been accepted to the University of Cincinnati.