University of Cincinnati-Main Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Cincinnati-Main Campus

Jenna

I am so grateful that I chose to attend the University of Cincinnati- Main Campus. I have met so many amazing people both in and out of classes- everyone is so social and willing to help with any issues I may be facing. The hilly terrain and space between classes seems a bit daunting at first but you quickly develop a routine and it's also great exercise. Additionally, the architecture through campus is beautiful. Especially when it's warm out, you will see people allover campus- just sitting with friends, grabbing a snack, walking their dogs, or playing volleyball! There's so much to do. Furthermore, I love all the food options on campus and the many more options on Calhoun Street, just a quick walk from my residence hall. Lastly, my experiences in most classes have been great. As a psychology major I really love the flexibility I have with scheduling and all the opportunities UC has to offer me. UC really has it all! I am so honored to be a Bearcat!

Heath

It is a great school would great sports and academics. I highly recommend going if you like an urban modern campus where there is always something to do. People are very nice and welcoming and the professors are usually pretty helpful. Housing is pretty nice and the food is pretty great. If you like to party, there is always somewhere to go, especially during welcome week. I love the university.

casie

So I am new to this campus, previously I was at the Blue Ash campus. There is a lot of construction and rearranging right now. I live far off campus and do most of my classes online. I am also a non traditional student who works full time, so I don't see a lot of the college experience the younger crowd sees. But it is a lovely campus, the people are nice, and the area around the campus it booming with life.

Madison

Attending the University of Cincinnati-Main Campus for me was no question, it was my top pick of colleges. In the College of Engineering and DAAP, students are required to get an internship every other semester and get real life experience in the field they are going into; it is part of the Co-op program at the university. The Co-op program and the outstanding reputation of the university's academics were the biggest influence on my choice to come to the school. The dorms are great. I have met some of my closest friends because of the dorms and everyone at the school is extremely helpful and nice. Classes are set up and run efficiently and well. In particular the Engineering class for freshman is set up to challenge thinking and "weed out" people who are not serious about pursuing Engineering. Professors are always available for questions or explanations of lessons. Overall, The University of Cincinnati is a great fit for anyone looking to take school seriously and make life long friendships.

Abbigail

The University does a good job of fostering relationships between like-minded students, while still encouraging students to go out of their typical comfort zone and to be open to new people and ideas. Each college has its own events, clubs, groups, and sends out routine e-mails exclusively to their student body. However, each college also offers events and clubs to the entirety of the university, and there are also organized interactions that occur which are not affiliated with any specific college (College of Engineering/Business, etc.). The Center for Inclusive Excellence and Student Engagement reaches out to individuals to make the student body aware of opportunities that are open to them, how they can get involved outside of the classroom, how they can venture outside of their comfort zone, and how they can contribute to the community both inside and outside of the University. For these reasons, I carry a positive opinion of the University of Cincinnati Main Campus, and I appreciate the efforts that the staff and faculty put forward to try to make students comfortable and available to achieve excellence in all areas.

Kristian

The campus is relatively clean and safe. I still wouldn't go there after dark by myself. I only really go for classes, not to live or hang out. I'd rather live off campus and spend time off campus. The professors overall are kind and helpful. Most of them do their best to meet students half-way, even accepting late work.

Lucia

I think that the University of Cincinnati is a great school to attend. I have advisors that check on me throughout the semester and I have never had that at any college I have attended. I feel like this school really wants me to succeed. 5 stars for this school!

Brittani

I believe that this school is great for academics, however, they lack in diversity and it makes some of The minority students feel uncomfortable. They also don’t feel like the school cares about them so I think that’s something the school should strongly work on.

Millicent

The education is great and the professors are willing to help. University of Cincinnati offers students a balance of educational excellence as well as real-world experience. UC is also a public research university and has been named "Among the top tier of the Best National Universities. There are lots of hospitals and health care facilities around for people who might be interested in the health field. The only thing i am worried about is that, the campus is not safe at night.

Jordan

The campus is not bad. I suggest going to dorm tours when possible if you're going to live on campus, some are a lot nicer than others. If you want an opportunity to continuously live on campus and not pay money for it after your freshman year apply to be an RA. The parties here are pretty cool depending on where you go and if you can find a good group of friends to go out with. The parking is expensive fyi

Cynthia

Cincinnati main campus is a beautiful campus to tour. The classrooms and halls are very clean. The yards are very well kept. It’s in a very busy part of town but very easily accessible. I will give it a high walkability score. The campus also has multiple parking garages.

Brianna

Overall - I had a great experience at UC and would not have wanted to go anywhere else. The campus is beautiful and the perfect size. Academics are great and so are the facilities. The social scene is extremely fun. Cincinnati is a great city to be in as well because there are so many things to do on and off campus, in Over-The-Rhine, and in Downtown Cincinnati. You will always be busy! Greatest years of my life. 10/10 experience.

Haley

In my opinion, the University of Cincinnati is a great school for students who have an interest in getting involved in campus life. There are various organizations to get involved with. I will say there is one downside one should consider before choosing to attend UC. It is very difficult to get scholarships through UC after you've been admitted. I completed my freshman year with a 4.0, had completed many hours of community service, and joined two clubs. I called the financial aid office to see if there were any scholarships I could apply for and was told apologetically that they didn't have any scholarships they could offer me. I am very fortunate to have received a College of Nursing scholarship last year but was left without a scholarship for this upcoming school year after completing this past year with a 3.85 overall GPA and lots of involvement in the college. Putting this obstacle aside, I have truly enjoyed my time here and look forward to completing my final year of nursing school!

It was my first choice college. I am not a big city person, but I love the campus. Everything is in walking distance that you need and you have plenty of transportation options available if you are wanting to go off campus or to one of the branch campuses.

Zoe

For this upcoming fall 2019 semester, I am transferring into the University of Cincinnati from a small community college in Dayton, OH. My experience overall has been good, however they do have some faults that I feel should be addressed to improve conditions for future transfer students. Originally, I wanted to live in on campus housing as it would make the transition to campus easier for me, as well as allowing me to become more familiar with the area without having to worry about rent right off the bat. However, students who take spring classes often do not receive their final grades and transcripts until after the deadline for the housing application. And no, they do not have transfer housing set aside, Due to this, I and many others that I know are on the housing wait list and not guaranteed to have somewhere to live this fall. I feel as though this is really something the university should address and an issue that is often overlooked. Another issue for students who come from lower income households like myself is that the university does not offer much in terms of financial aid opportunities. For example: I received about $5,500 in financial aid, however my bill for the semester is sitting around $25,000, which needless to say is a huge point of stress for me, as I am also having trouble getting loans. Despite these two issues, I really enjoy the atmosphere of the campus. I feel as though there is always something to do and a diverse crowd to mingle and make friends from. Of the people I have met this far, all of them have been very friendly and happy to help when need be. I know that the educational level that I will receive with be top notch and I have no doubt in my mind that the academic journey that I will embark on will be immeasurably beneficial.

Ellyn

I live off campus as an online student but I am very pleased with my experience so far. I have gained valuable knowledge and the professors are amazing. I like the easy access to course material. The professors respond to emails right away and the teaching assistants are friendly.

Katherine

I believe that my school is much like any other school in that it isn't perfect. However, the faculty and student government works very hard to try and make the campus and the student experience as exceptional as possible. I feel very proud to be a student at UC and I wouldn't dream of going anywhere else.

I love the University of Cincinnati-Main Campus. There is always something to do on campus and you can always meet new people. The professors are amazing, they are always available to help you when you are in need. The academics are amazing I have learned so much at this school and I can not wait to learn more and make many more memories.

mikaila

I have yet to start at my college of choice but so far with the decisions & scheduling, this has been the most enjoyable decision I've made. I've met plenty of people from there that have been more than happy to help me with anything I need and that has been the most appealing part of this school! I cannot wait to start in the fall/

Madalyn

I really enjoyed my first year at UC and I am looking forward to the rest of my time there. There are so many amazing opportunities to get involved in, including study abroad, research, extracurricular activities, challenging classes, and more. I am a member of the Honors program, which has enriched my experience even more. My dorm this past year was quiet and modern, and there was a lot of variety in the food options. Overall, I am very happy that I chose UC.

Jonathan

Very beautiful campus that is dedicated to providing the most up to date and relevant information to its professors and students. High stresses on the entire higher education part of college. Very dedicated to ensuring all current and future students know that this is a place to acquire the highest level of degree.

Shazia

What can't I say about my school? As a first-year student in the exploratory studies program, I can say that my experience here has been amazing. All the student and staff members that I have met have been very welcoming and helpful with my transition into college. I am striving to get into the DAAP Fashion Design program as a transfer student during my sophomore year and working my hardest so I can be a competitive candidate. Campus resources such as academic coaching, the writing center, office hours, student support services and the transitions have all provided me with counseling on how to navigate campus and my course work. I truly hope I can achieve my goal of getting into DAAP next year! I truly admire the people, the beauty of the campus including the diversity among the staff and student body. I hope that all visitors will experience the joy that I have while attending the University of Cincinnati.

Rebecca

Going into my second year at the University of Cincinnati, I can safely give the university a great overall rating. Though there could always be something done to improve it, Cincinnati promotes a diverse in class and out of class experience. Class sizes are appropriate to their curriculum. Some professors could be better but in the end they are all competent in their respective fields. There are a few things that do not benefit the university. For example, the on campus housing is extremely overpriced along with the on campus parking. With the next tuition increase, it makes it harder to love the university when students are unable to pay for all the extra amenities.

Mariah

I really enjoyed visiting the campus, and I am very excited to attend this college next year.

Lillian

I am a current third-year at the University of Cincinnati. I am a double major. I am enrolled in the McMicken College of Arts and Sciences earning a BA in psychology. I am also enrolled in CECH earning a BA in Criminal Justice, along with a certificate in Forensic Populations. I am in the University Honors program. I participate in two clubs. I do not participate in sports for UC or club sports, only recreationally. I love this school because the campus is very easy to get around, the professors are personable and want to get to know their students (in my areas of study... CEAS students have different experiences). I love this school and the opportunities it has provided me. I feel confident in my abilities to advance my education through graduate school and find a job after graduation. There are a variety of residence halls, ranging from "Dirty Daniels" to Marian Spencer Hall - where I lived. My residence hall experience was incredible. I now live just off campus in a house with friends and my off-campus housing experience has also been good.

A diverse and interesting university where there is always something going on for students to partake in. Beautiful landscape and architecture, and the facilities are well maintained. Campus is big enough for thousands of students but not too large that it takes too long to walk from class to class.

Miriam

I love my college, I think it could be safer but that's more of a problem with the surrounding area not the school. I have felt unsafe almost every night that I am out late and actively avoid walking around by myself. But the school makes up for it with it's academics. There's no where else I'd rather go for an engineering degree. Their unique co-op program helps propel students ahead in the professional world.

Tyler

UC Main is a beautiful university; as a town within a town. There are always people who are willing to help you out wherever you need it. The great-looking stadium, great teachers, great people. Overall an awesome place to attend school and would not trade this opportunity for any place else.

Delaney

Overall, I really enjoy being a student at the University of Cincinnati. The campus itself is beautiful and has a lot of unique features, and the classes are engaging and challenging in the best way. I feel relatively safe on campus but usually go places with one or more people to be cautious, and I've never had an issue.

Dede Lauraine

The University of Cincinnati is a great university. The location is in the heart of the city so the campus is not far from all the main attractions downtown. There are so many extracurricular activities that everybody normally find something to do. The internship opportunities offered to the students give them the chance to apply all the academic to real life not to mention that Cincinnati is home to some pretty big companies (P&G...). The professors are phenomenal and always available to help even after graduation. I have enjoyed my undergraduate experience that I am going back again for my graduate degree.

My overall opinion of University of Cincinnati-Main Campus is that it is a great school but could use some improvement. There are so many my ways to get involved on and off campus but having over 500 clubs and organizations. Class sizes are on average about 30 students with the students to professor ratio 17:1. Academics and sports are very important at UC. Professors and teaching assistants are always available and try their best to help every student succeed in their class. UC has many amenities available on campus like Campus Recreation Center, multiple dining halls around campus, and individual college libraries. I feel quite safe on UC’s campus especially since UC provides a night ride service, blue help telephone, campus officers, and campus watch. One downside of University of Cincinnati-Main Campus is that they constantly are accepting larger and larger graduating classes but are not creating more housing and parking. The parking is not the best. All parking lots and garages are very expensive and sometimes the university will over sell parking lots and garages which means some days parking lots will fill leaving students without parking for the day. Also days that there are FC Cincinnati games students will lose their parking that they paid a couple hundreds of dollars for to accommodate the fans that are coming to watch the game.

I love how the campus is set up, even though it is nestled in the heart of the city it is its own entity. There are always events happening and there is something for everyone. The best part is Bearcat Football! A wonderful gem for the city of Cincinnati.

Laura

As a first year student my experience at the University of Cincinnati has been nothing but good. I loved my dorm facilities and the food services were pretty good. The professors that I've had really seem to really care about what they're teaching and helping students comprehend and even like the topics too. There is always something to do at UC, whether it's an activity created by PAC or just taking walks on campus. What I love the most about UC is the feel of our campus. It's a beautiful mixture of modern and traditional buildings. Overall, The University of Cincinnati seems invested in the quality of the college experience and the education that it's students receive.

Reese

Very big and welcoming school with lots of opportunities to learn and get real world experience. The campus is beautiful and well taken care of. There is lots for students to get involved with whether it be sports or a cheese tasting club, there is something special for everyone to be apart of

Kaia

I visited this school and loved it immediately. The campus is so nice and there is a large variety of housing, buildings, and things to do on campus and off campus. It is a good social and learning environment. I really liked the fact that all of the buildings look different and relate to what is taught in them.

Cameron

It’s a great local school with a lot to offer. It has one of the best business school around and gives everyone the opportunity to succeed. The school is active and cares for there students. The students are super friendly and caring. The scenery is also great and adds a modern touch on campus.

kaia

This school is very welcoming and overall just a great environment for everyone. We embrace all cultures and groups and encourage everyone to succeed. there are many opportunities to get involved and teachers, staff, and other students are always available for help.

Peyton

I have really enjoyed my time so far at UC! It only takes me about 10 minutes to get across campus which is really convenient. The dining halls are what you make of it. There's plenty of options to choose from if you actually take the time to look. Academic wise, I feel that classes are challenging, as they should be, but your grade really reflects the amount of work you decide to put in.

Madelyn

The campus is very suburban/urban and very pretty. There's lots of green space and lots of food places and stores around campus. The housing is decent. on and off campus are pretty similar in price. the food was recently featured in an article that had health code violations or something, and they had more violations just in the first semester than they did over the entire last academic year. And although there are a couple downsides, i wouldn't want to go to college anywhere else.

Shane

University of Cincinnati is a pretty good school. Most of my professors have been great, and the campus is lively and beautiful. There are lots of extracurricular activities, catering to anyone’s interests. The engineering co-op program in particular is fantastic.

Sophia

I am very happy that I chose to attend the University of Cincinnati and recommend it to everyone I know! I think the University has great academic programs that are rigorous but fair and staff that truly cares about students and their endeavors. Over all, I feel safe on campus and I think it is a fun environment. There is plenty to do if you don't want to drink and be a part of the party scene.

It’s a very fun, modern campus that offers lots of help and support to its students, especially in job-related areas. I love how the campus is near the city and feels large but in reality, the campus isn’t too big and is easily walkable in just a few minutes.