University of Colorado Boulder Top Questions

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

There are so many! A day on campus that I will never forget is Bid Day. When I joined a sorority I was so excited and anxious to run to the UMC (university memorial center- it's sort of the general student hub) to receive and sign my bid card. That day there were so many excited prospective new members running around and even non-Greeks joined in the enthusiasm of watching all of the excited girls get their bid cards. Another memorable day was when the university hosted a "rail jam" on campus. Skiiers and snowboarders with park abilities set up rails and jumps on Farrand field, which is the main field by the freshman dorms. I also have many fond memories from Greek Week and fraternity/sorority events that I would love to share in more depth!

Alissa

One day for my Campaigns and Revolutions class (COMM 2360), our professor asked us to walk around campus and just take note of everything going on, and see if we have any epiphanies. She asked us to observe conversations, look at anything and everything, and try to think about something that inspired us or sparked question. I walked around Norlin Library, and I noticed that almost every wall was covered in art work. I began to question what art is defined as in today's world and tried to connect it to the way art has been defined in history. I loved this day because it sparked my inspiration again and reminded me that every day activities can lead to extraordinary discoveries and discussion.

Alissa

Madisen

My favorite day of the school year happens in mid September. On an early saturday morning, thousands of students are already awake, dressed up in CU apparel, and painting there faces for the big game. The big game day has come. today, CU is playing Colorado State University.... our biggest in-state rival! Since this game is SUCH a big deal, it is played at the Sports Authority Mile High Stadium in Denver ( where the Denver Broncos play football). All the CU Boulder students line up and wait to take a bus into Denver for the big game. CU Boulder has buses shuttle thousands of students to the stadium. Once in Denver, CU Boulder is on one side of the stadium while Colorado State is on the other. Everyone screams so loud while singing the fight song. All the cheers and group camaraderie is great. The past game this year we beat Colorado State. Lets just say CU Boulder has bragging rights until the Rocky Mountain showdown occurs again next year!