University of Colorado Boulder Top Questions

Tell us about the food and dining options.

There are many dining halls across campus and are all buffet style. The most popular hall, is Center for Community (C4C). The C4C is only a few years old and has a wide variety of food. At the C4C, there is always Italian food, Mexican food, Persian food, Asian food, a grill, salad bar, sandwich bar and desserts. There is also a grab-n-go option for when you don't have time to stop and eat. The food is not your mother's cooking, and can get old after a while, but it is much better than many other schools I have eaten at.

Madisen

One big thing I was worried about coming to college was the food. When I first toured CU Boulder the senior year of high school, it didn't seem like there were that many options for food. When I ended up deciding to come to college here, I was very surprised. CU Boulder has a brand new building called the Center for Community, or the C4C as the students call it. It opened at the beginning of my freshman year so it is still very new. The Center for Community is a huge dinning hall. It can seat over 800 people! There is all different types of food in this dinning hall. It includes: asian, Italian, Latin, Kosher, Persian, American, sushi, huge salad bar, deserts, and more! My favorite station is the Italian station. I love it because you can choose all these different ingredients to go into your pasta. You hand the chef your bowl with the various ingredients in it, and he will add noodles and your choice of sauce to it ( Alfredo sauce is my favorite) and he cooks it all together! Besides the Center for Community, there are other dining halls located in some of the central-campus residence halls. Located inside the residence hall Libby (where I lived my freshman year), there is a dinning hall. It is much smaller then the Center for Community but the food is still great. This dining hall is known for its breakfasts! In Farrand residence hall and Sewell residence hall, there are also dinning facilities.

Madisen

One big thing I was worried about coming to college was the food. When I first toured CU Boulder the senior year of high school, it didn't seem like there were that many options for food. When I ended up deciding to come to college here, I was very surprised. CU Boulder has a brand new building called the Center for Community, or the C4C as the students call it. It opened at the beginning of my freshman year so it is still very new. The Center for Community is a huge dinning hall. It can seat over 800 people! There is all different types of food in this dinning hall. It includes: asian, Italian, Latin, Kosher, Persian, American, sushi, huge salad bar, deserts, and more! My favorite station is the Italian station. I love it because you can choose all these different ingredients to go into your pasta. You hand the chef your bowl with the various ingredients in it, and he will add noodles and your choice of sauce to it ( Alfredo sauce is my favorite) and he cooks it all together!

Alissa

Some dorms have dining halls and students can pay for a meal plan to get a certain amount of meals each week. There is also a dining hall independent of the dorms called the C4C which offers food from around the globe, a coffee shop, desserts, and many other options. On the times you don't have a meal plan or ran out of meals included in your plan, there are many high-quality restaurants in Boulder to go to and a Target to buy cheap snacks.

The UMC Student Union Cafeteria