University of Colorado Boulder Top Questions

What are some hot-button issues on campus?

Alissa

On hot-button issue is the global warming and environmental movements that are highly addressed in Boulder. Recycling and using renewable energy can sound good on the surface, but how much does it really help and affect our lives? Can we get the whole world to be environmentally friendly? We're still trying to answer these questions. Another issue is partying on The Hill. This not only damages our reputation, but it affects the feeling of safety and negatively impacts people via noise pollution. This fights the "college experience" stereotype and makes it difficult for both police and students to get what they want from the partying aspect of the college experience. Many political hot-button issues pop up every day on campus as people try to spark heated and honest discussion and try to initiate social movement.

Alissa