University of Colorado Boulder Top Questions

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

Alexandra

The best place to get work done on campus is definitely the library. Although there are cafes in buildings it is often distracting because people are constantly passing through. The library is always full of students with similar work ethic, plus it's gigantic and easy to find either a quiet or a social spot to get your studying done.

There are tons of places to study on campus. If you don't like studying in your rooms, there are quiet study rooms in every hall of every dorm, there are many libraries on campus and many other study rooms and comfortable areas scattered across campus.

Madisen

For most people here on campus, the Norlin Library is the best place to get work done on campus. There are three main study floors to Norlin. Depending on how you like to study, you can find the right atmosphere in this library. For example, on the third floor, which are called "the stacks", it is pin-drop silence studying. If you need complete isolation and quiet to study and do work, the third floor is for you. There are other libraries scattered around campus but these are much smaller libraries that we call "outlet libraries". Another great place to study and get work done is in computer labs. there are tons of computer labs around campus! For me personally though, I like studying at Starbucks. There are two Starbucks on both ends of the campus.

Madisen

Alissa

The library and dorm study rooms are the best places to study. The library is a popular place for students because it has a coffee shop, comfortable seating with tabletops, outlets, computers, books, and a quiet but not too quiet environment. Having some background noise makes one feel more at ease but it's low enough to concentrate when necessary. Dorm study rooms are helpful for groups to study because you can talk without disrupting anyone and there's usually a chalkboard to sketch or write down important concepts. The best part about these places: they're free and on-campus!

Alissa

Katie

Norlin library is constantly being referred to as Borlin because it is where most people go to try and study. I say TRY because unless you are 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} focused and ready to get things done it can be very distracting. There are constantly people coming in and out and study groups chatting in the corner. So while many would say, "go to the library to study" I would suggest getting a desk in your room at home, setting study hours with the roommates and cracking down there with some coffee. If you can handle the noise or get a good place in the corner where there are no distractions, by all means conquer the library. If not, isolate yourself somewhere and have a friend change your social media passwords till you get done with all your work.

Katie

Norlin library is constantly being referred to as Borlin becuase it is where most people go to try and study. I say TRY because unless you are 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} focused and ready to get things done it can be very distracting. There are constantly people coming in and out and study groups chatting in the corner. So while many would say, "go to the library to study" I would suggest getting a desk in your room at home, setting study hours with the roommates and cracking down there with some coffee. If you can handle the noise or get a good place in the corner where there are no distractions, by all means conquer the library. If not, isolate yourself somewhere and have a friend change your social media passwords till you get done with all your work.

Taylor

Fall/Spring: Farrand Field. Winter: Norlin Library, coffee shop. I've found my own little spot in the "game room" that's never used in my dorm. It's quiet and has comfy chairs. It's a really nice place to study.