University of Colorado Colorado Springs Top Questions

Ryan

There are a ton of clubs on campus at UCCS. We have clubs like Medical Brigade and LGBT alliance.

The program I applied to is highly competitive; only 24 students are selected from an applicant pool of over 200. My classmates are highly educated, eloquent, and have extreme dedication to attempt an accelerated nursing program.

Cydney

UCCS does not descriminate based on any kind of physical, emotional, mental, cultural, racial, or sexual orientation, so the students who attend the school are colorfully, creatively, and fiercely diverse, like a great, proud rainbow of every color imaginable.

Alexis

Laid back, intelligent and extremely motivated! Everyone creates good energy on campus.

Colton

Being in a computer science classes, my classmates are not scared to state their opinnion on something.

Chris

Some of my classmates are quite diligent with studies, others are more indifferent, but all of them have been afforded the opportunity to have a meaningful and lasting education.

Taylor

My classmates are usually friendly and tend to be academically-oriented.

Jade

If I have to describe my classmates in one sentence I would have to say they are focused on achieving their goals and pursuing their careers.

Phillip

My classmates are independent, sincere, motivated, busy, diverse, involved, inspiring, encouraging, inviting, transparent, touchable, community-caring, lifelong leaders and learners.

Danielle

Due to the fact that a majority of my classes are at night, my class mates are split in ages. Nearly half are adults 28 and older who are working full time and going to school. The other portion of classmates are under 28 and what can be considered more typical college students. A majority of classmates are from either Colorado Springs or other cities in Colorado. Most everyone is friendly and outgoing, willing to help others, but mainly there with the goal to learn.

The students at UCCS are all friendly, intellegent, and always willing to help others.

Matthew

When it comes to the students at UCCS, you will find all kinds of people of people. UCCS is actually quite open with their students. UCCS supports all groups of people. For example, our LGBT group holds an event each year on National Coming Out Day in the commons area for everyone to learn about their love. Religious groups are always allowed to pass out flyers if they have an event going, and the ethnic groups always hold events to teach people about their ethnicity. Honestly, I do not think there would be anyone left out in UCCS. If you feel out of place, all you would have to do is go to the student activities office and ask for a club list. Once you have that club list, you can choose from almost any activity or hobby. These are just a few clubs: Gaming (P.C. or consoles), Craft Beer Drinking, Rock Climbing, Martial Arts, Political Groups, etc... The list goes on and on, and I can promise you that there is a club for everyone at UCCS. The attire that students wear at campus varies from student to student. Some wear sweat pants, some wear dress clothes. Shoot, some even will wear hunting gear if it gets cold enough. UCCS is pretty judgmental free and students will wear what they want. This isn't high school where people will judge you for your clothes. Let me give you a scenario- you walk in the Overlook (one of our dining halls) at lunch time and there are four tables in your line of sight. Chances are they are full, but there are a couple of empty seats at each table. UCCS is one of those places where you can ask to sit at a table and join the conversation without being embarrassed. Of course social norms wouldn't let an individual do that because of fear of rejection, but UCCS has really nice people who are more than welcoming to invite others into their conversation. Most of the students are from Colorado, but not necessarily from Colorado Springs. Saying this, my roommates are from another state, just as I am. UCCS brings in students from all around the United States and even has a strong international student organization. Most of the students at UCCS come from the middle working class and are generally leaning right winged politically. Saying this, there is plenty of political mixture at UCCS. We will use me for example. In my house, there are two liberals and two conservatives and we all respect each other's opinions and like to talk about politics every now and then. Students at UCCS do not tend to worry about how much they will make in the future until they are about to graduate. Why? The reason is simple, they have to graduate first, and while they are on track to graduate they are having a blast doing it!

Gates

My classmates care about their education, and are always willing to help me with harder concepts.

Shirley

My classmates are very motivated and focused; everyone is here for their education.

Holly

The people in your classes are generally get-up-and-go people considering it is a commuter school. The social activities on campus are mostly geared toward those staying in the dorms. Students are generally older so if you're coming right out of high school and you commute, it is difficult to make friends.

Chaunice

I am one of few African Americans in my classes, but I feel that UCCS is striving to promote diversity, whether it be regarding race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. I am determined to be successful and reap all the benefits and opportunities granted to me through hard work and intentional decisions.

Lindsey

My classmates are friendly, smart, and willing to help me learn.

Erika

My classmates at this school are all pretty helpful. Kids are involved with each other and are always willing to help each other out. They are willing to give you hints about things and ways that are easier to understand material. My classmates are not too social, but still like to have some fun.

Amethyst

Most of them are completely normal yuppies- they wear mainstream name-brand clothing, watch network tv, like all the popular bands, have iPhones, etc. The girls are totally into designer handbags and makeup, and the guys are into sports, and everybody comes to class with Starbucks. If you look hard enough, you can find some people here and there who are outside the box and have different interests, styles, and ideas, but you'll have to sort through a lot of shallow yuppies first.

Ryan

They are boring for the most part.

Marianne

Everyone is very interesting and have different views, but still accept one another.

Michelle

As an adult returning to college, I am quite older than the majority of my classmates. I have found my fellow college-mates to be bright, engaged with our community, and fully cognizant of what our "worldly concerns" are. We are a very diverse community and seem to respect one another's ethnicity and lifestyle.

cheryl

They are very involved in class and are willing to work as a team.

Robert

People seem mostly interested, but sometimes just sleep.

Lisa

My classmates were friendly, funny, and open.

Mary

There are many older adults in my class. Most of the student are from the area. Many of the students I see over and over because there are small class sizes.

Zach

ALL THE CLASSMATES I HAVE A VERY FOCUSED, BUT LAID BACK PEOPLE WE ALL KNOW HOW TO HAVE A GREAT TIME. ALSO THOUGH WHEN TO STOP AND STUDY.

Andrew

Many classmates are typically older then most college students. Most students work full time because they cant afford a conventional college so there is no socialization. Typically, they are conservative and Caucasian.

Daniel

Many of my classmates are commuter students and are returning to college to earn their degree.

AMANDA

MOST ARE EASY GOING , SMART , MOST OF THEM ARE PEOPLE I WANT TO BE AROUND

Victoria

Most of my classmates, while often of polar opposite political views, are capable of discussing all matters respectfully and reasonably.

Zachary

Everyone at this campus is very down to eath and goal oriented, most students here enjoy going to class to learn.