University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus

Chelea

It's a great place! People communicate well with each other, and are kind to one another. There is no hate, and the diversity is massive. I enjoy the classes and getting to know the overall community. It's a good environment and a safe place for any and all people.

Brooke

It's nice that UCD is in the heart of Denver, giving students access to a lot of different places and things to do. But since it's a commuter campus, not a lot of word gets out about clubs and sports, but they are most definitely available. Most of the people and professors are really friendly, and it's a pretty nice campus overall. A lot of the buildings are being re-renovated to have a more modern feel.

Makkila

CU Denver, is a good school. It is really diverse, if that is the kind of school you are looking for. If you're planning on majoring in Business, Science or Engineering I would suggest this school But, as a heads up, the science in this school is taken quite seriously as a science major. It is quite competitive and they like to challenge your science skills in and out of the classroom.

Bryan

An amazing and unique school with several opportunities for students of all different backgrounds, goals, ambitions, races, sex, etc. The environment is welcoming and I love going to class every day. Right in the city of Denver you can see downtown facing one way and the mountains facing the other. I love MY school.

Kemonnya

The University of Colorado Denver is a very diverse university in terms of both students and staff. The professors I have encountered are all very willing to help outside of class during office hours. Campus housing is close and convenient, although, it is very expensive. In addition,the buildings are not in the best shape, and, at least in my building, there is always something that needs to be repaired.

Treana

The University of Colorado Denver downtown campus is great. It's close to public transportation. The layout of campus is easy to learn and navigate. There are a variety of classes/majors offered. It's very diverse. The class sizes can be a little large though. The cost is high as can be expected with other colleges. I feel there isn't very many options for tuition assistance/scholarships.

I feel that I get a decent education here. Commuting saves a good amount of money but it stops me from wanting to stay on campus to get involved and build relationships. Teachers are great and easy to access and I appreciate the smaller class size. Being near 16th street mall is also great for eating and walking around.

Elena

I want to transfer to the campus now.

Derek

The school and campus are nice, but the faculty has some problems. One of those problems is that they do not seem to care about the students as much as needed and they are many times not helpful. The buildings on the campus and in the surrounding areas seem to be outdated and are not as nice as would be expected from a university.

Tram

My overall opinion of University of Colorado Denver is, the school is diverse. Diverse in human race, study major, and activity. Everywhere I go around campus, I see many other students who are different than me. As well as others who study a different major than what I study but we still can share some similarities. Many activities, on and off-campus are created and anyone is always allowed to join.

Brandy

The university excels in academics and opportunity. There are always events or groups to participate in, but the school is highly academic orientated. The sports we have are club sports which I think is great because it helps us put school as our main focus, and then have that more as a second focus.

I think it's a great school! Sure there's always going to be some professor you don't get along with but that's every school. Academic wise, there's a very well built biology program. However, the one drawback is the campus is mostly commuter based and it's hard to really connect with people outside of class. However! There are first-year experiences that put you in small groups of 15 with others in the same degree program and its a great way to network and build a safe place/ group of people you get along with. Moreover, there's also the wellness center where you can join workout groups for free (it comes in your intuition) and that's also a great way to find people to connect with. Also,the wellness center offers outings in accordance with certain outdoor activities. For example, they have a rock climbing trip almost every month as well as hiking trips. Also working on campus can help meet people you can get along with and it's also a great addition to your resume. Finally, I feel pretty safe on campus despite it being downtown. For example, there was a drunk driver who had stolen a car and had crashed, within a few seconds of crashing the car and the driver was surrounded by the police. Speaking of which, the campus has its own police department which has served the area before the campus was made. However, if you are a commuter the closer you get to union station the more interesting things get... to put it kindly. While I have not heard of any of the homeless harassing anyone at union station, I have gotten cat called on numerous occasions and even trailed once... So just stay alert as you would anywhere else.

Maiya

Campus is in a downtown setting but is separated from downtown enough to where you don't feel uncomfortable and rushed. There are beautiful parks to sit and relax while also being only a few blocks from shopping centers and the main buzz of Denver. Beautiful campus and amazing people.

mat

I have been studying in UCD- business school since 2011-2017, and i'm an international student. My experience was horrible at this school and I was being marginalized too many times not form the students, but from the advising office and the staff. I heard some of the students "who have extra money" can actually bribe and get their grads changed, and I totally believe it due to the huge number of students who said so, but if you don't, you would end up having a similar experience to what I have gotten there "if you'r an international student only".

Brittney

My overall opinion of University of Colorado Denver/ Anschutz Medical Campus is simply that it is amazing. Although I am not a student there, yet, I have personally viewed this campus on multiple occasions. I find that it is everything and more than what a college student is looking for. A very beautiful campus with devoted students and very kind faculty and most importantly, all of the most accredited degrees you could possibly think of. You just cannot fall short of a college checklist with this one. I hope to be there in the next year to come.

Kenan Ejub

The University of Colorado Denver is an amazing campus. The location of the campus is perfect for site seeing or even eating out. Inside of the campus is full of diverse students willing to help out and become better people. Class size is perfect and not too big so everyones voice is heard. The campus is not too big and not too small and is growing everyday. This campus really makes me feel at home and in a safe environment.

Deserie

The UCD campus is shared with CCD and MSU, overall it is the largest campus in Colorado and has easy access to the city and light rails. The professors are really open with students. Quality of education is amazing, there is a building with many food options from vegan, to meat eating, and different ethnic food.

I like the diversity of the campus and the dedication that the teachers put in to help students become successful.

Jahoon

It's a good school to study in biology related majors for med school. The campus is safe, but sometimes you see homeless from the down town. Because the main library is a public library, it's always packed and sometimes homeless take the sits. Also it's not a good school to major in computer science. I major in computer science and all my computer science professors are not very motivated and intellectual. Also some of them barely speak English and which is the worst thing. Commuting is pretty tiring and time consuming.

Gillian

I love the community here; even though it's a big school, the classes are relatively small and feel like welcoming environments. I love most of the professors I've had and there are lots of clubs you can be a part of. There are no frats, sororities, or sports teams though. It's a commuter school for the most part, so it's definitely not a party school. What I love is how diverse my school is, in age, race, religion and nationalities. It's definitely been a wonderful experience going to school here. It's hard to transfer credits though, and the school can be relatively anal about certain things regarding tuition and testing out of classes. The scholarship selection here isn't fantastic either.

Raven

I really enjoy my time at this school, i made friends easily. And my teachers are all available when i need them to be, they also email me back as soon as possible which is really covenant when projects or test are due. I also enjoy the fact that there are many activities i can do.

Erika

It is an excellent school in an excellent location. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved in a few or as many activities as you please. The campus isn't too small, but it's a convenient size. The school offers so many pathways for you, and it's perfect whether you know what you want to study or if you need help finding it! The campus is also super diverse, which is something that definitely enhance the experience.

John

Not so great. The fees is too high for international student. There is no such facilities according to the fees. The sports complex is just building up. Apart from the subject fees the they charge a lot of other fees each semester. There are not of much opportunities from the career center. The A category subjects in computer science are all outdated but they force you to study all those subject. If you get a CPT the process is so tedious that the employer runs away.

Vivian

ucd is a busy school. because it is located in denver, there is always stuff happening. the courses are challenging so effort must be put in. its a good school if you have outside commitments such as work or a family. because the campus is shared among two other colleges, there is a lot of opportunities to meet people and make friends.

Natnael

CU Denver is a unique and versatile campus. The student body is very diverse and as a minority I feel welcomed and accepeted. Many international students can be seen on campus. As UCD is part of the Auraria Campus, there is a unique experience because of the large community present within the three colleges that make up Auraria. It is a great school, comprised of great people and an even better setting.

Kelsey

The school is okay, but I wish there was more involvement with sports like other big colleges. There needs to be more opportunities to be able to get credits transferred to and from the school. The food selection is not that great on campus. The teachers are good, but sometimes not always available.

Eduardo

I think it's a great school on many majors. There aren't very many activities to do at the moment but luckily on the start of my freshmen year there will be more sports for the students to do which is exciting. It's a growing school so there will be more activities to do in the future. Overall, it's a great school for education. Plenty of time to study and tutors to help the students. Every corner there's always people who would feel gladly to help you.

Peyton

Pretty decent, I enjoy classes but would like more involvement opportunities. The professors are great and offer as much help as you seek out. No, they will not hold your hand, but welcome to the real world folks, you need to be able to do things on your own! If however, you seek out help and want to do your best, these professors​ will go out of their way to help students looking for it. Failure is a choice here, the question is, will you choose to accept it or defeat it?

izara

As far as my school go's I hate the fact that I have to walk so far to get to different classes but I guess that's apart of going to a university right? Its a big campus and subjects are spread out. I hate the fact that once I started going there I felt like I had no one to turn to for help and when asked teachers they basically only told you instead of making sure you got the help you actually needed... I ask myself does that come with the college life? Is this because we are all considered grown now? I hope its better for new students to come than my first experience was but you have to grow from it and going forward take in what you learned.

Lara

I think it is a good school. Class sizes are pretty small for the most part and there are good eating places around. I don't like how there isn't really a sense of community at the school because many students commute to get to school and everyone already has all their friends they know and hang out with. Not many people try to make a lot of friends. There are not a lot of clubs and if there are they are not very well promoted. This school is okay but I wish I was able to afford to go somewhere different.

Wilmer

I think it is a very good school for commuters. The academics are really good but the fact that not many people live on campus makes it harder to make friends from outside. Professors are very good and are always willing to go the extra mile to help students out.

Esther

Overall, University of Colorado Denver is a great place to obtain an academic degree. Although the social life is sometimes lacking CU Denver makes up for this in academics. The academic resources available to students are incredibly helpful specifically, the library, TA's and knowledgeable professors. I highly recommend CU Denver to anybody looking for a serious and academic friendly environment to obtain their degree.

Jackie

Although what may be seen as a commuter school, The environment has been nonetheless warm and welcoming, the acceptance of students who do not feel alone. There are teachers who like to go above and beyond for the students, providing support and making it known that they are more than just a professor for the student, but are a friend and confidante.

Skyla

My over all opinion about my University of Colorado Denver, is perfect. Even though not everyone lives on campus because it is not a requirement everyone is still involved in all the activities that are provided and many students even come up with events and activities all the time.

Cayla

The school is great if you know exactly what you want to do. Before the fall semester of 2017 I kept trying to reach communication advisers to help me decide what the next best step for me would be. The communications's department never contacted me back even though they supposedly had online counseling before the semester. I am now considering transferring schools for better attention and guidance.

helen

Over all it is a perfect campus to live in especially for those people who cant afford their tution, this can suit them because tution isnt expensive and the location of the campus, by itself, makes it exciting as well. Besides, tons of resources are available and students can utilize it when needed.

Christian

It is a very diverse campus and I got to meet interesting new friends.

Daiana

The University of Colorado Denver is a great school. It provides a good education at a great price. It is located in downtown Denver, so there is always something to do! Also, so much yummy food nearby. The resources are great and really help you navigate through your college experience.

Elena

I love going to school here because I am majoring in Biology to go into medicine, and CU Denver has great science departments. There are many students who are also pursing the same path that I am. This makes me happy because I know that I always have someone to talk to and get advice from when I need it. There are plenty of surrounding foods and shops because we are in the heart of downtown.

Nina

I like how accessible the university is, since it in in the center of the city. Also, I appreciate that there is a public transportation pass included in our tuition. The university is very diverse. The university offers tons of internships to students. There is also a very strong biology and pre-med program at the university.

Allison

I love being on campus and in the city, which is right next to us. Everything around me, everything I see, all I can feel is happiness. The campus is gorgeous, with its view of the city. I know I made the right choice by choosing this school. Everyone is so thoughtful and intelligent.

Paige

It's a commuter college so the experience is completely different than going to a normal college. The student body is massive so sometimes it is easy to feel alienated, but there are definitely plenty of ways to connect with students and interact. The academics seem pretty great, but is cheaper than most other colleges, therefore you get a lot out of the cost. In addition, I feel like the opportunities in clubs are so much greater than anywhere else I have seen.

Nimra

I think it's a great school and you can learn a lot, if you're willing to give some time to each lecture. Teachers and staff are really nice and sweet so I would recommend this school to everyone, especially those that are looking for good schools with good professors and environment.

Yana

Its a very good school located in the heart of downtown Denver with an easy access to the stores, food, and entertainment. Easy access by RTD train and bus! Because there are 3 different schools on campus there is always something going on - fairs, celebrations, meetings, protests, etc. The art department is great and my 3D Graphics teachers were phenomenal!

Erika

It is a good school with a lot of different majors and unique classes. It is nice being just a block or two away from downtown Denver. The campus is also unique in that it has three schools on it so it allows for you to meet all kinds of people. For me personally it is just to expensive and the on or off campus housing is not worth the price.

Savannah

The college is a nice, quaint college that provides fun activates if you know where too look. However, political or religious debates can get quite..."heated"...here. Anyone spreading words about any religion(especially Christianity) is bound to get hecklers who want their 15 sec. of fame on the internet. Also, if your political views don't agree with the majority, you either stay quiet or be ready to be hounded at five different angles. Worst of all, you have zero chance of proving your point. You'll likely be told to "Think" but not respond.

Jay

I love the professors and the students. It's very diverse, but everyone is very friendly! The professors do their best to work with you, and help you succeed in class. There are both good points and bad points about being in the city. There's a lot of stores nearby, and 16th street mall is just down the street. Elitch Gardens is literally right next door too. But there's also some sketchy people who walk around, but at night the campus offers free rides to students around the campus. It's a very good school, and I'm glad I'm a part of it.

Nikolette

The University of Colorado Denver is the typical commuter school. It has several parking garages with somewhat reasonable pricing. The light rain is perfectly placed at the top of the campus. Athletics aren't very popular or advertised for. This school makes sure that all students have the same opportunities as others. The staff makes sure that you have the resources to graduate. Overall this school is a great choice if you're looking for only academics.

Kat

I think the University of Colorado Denver is a great school with an abundance of academic, cultural and social diversity. The campus has a modern and comfortable atmosphere that is surrounded by beautiful scenery. Also, the school is just minutes away from a plethora of places and activities. The staff and students are helpful and friendly, and the school itself provides an exciting but safe atmosphere. This school is fantastic!

Julia

At the University of Colorado Denver I have been able to find myself. I have been able to participate in a lot of extra curricular activities. I have enjoyed every minute on campus. The staff is really diverse and very helpful. It is a great university to attend if you want the college experience and the small class sizes.