University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus

Stepheny

The University of Colorado, Denver is a culturally diverse campus surrounded by the beautiful, towering buildings of downtown Denver. The faculty are genuinely interested in the educational growth of their students, the students are socially just and interested in expanding the overall conversation of equity, and the administration cares about the general well-being of their student population. UCD is a proud institution rooted in the core values of Denver, and is an optimum place to be.

Victoria

UCD is great during the week. There are usually clubs out and about, but you have to go out and look for them. Classes are cool, they're mostly small and professors are friendly.

Danielle

Attending CU Denver as an undergrad was the college experience that was fit for me. Although this school might be considered small and non-traditional like other universities, it provided me spectacular opportunities which enabled me to continue on to my graduate career. As a result of completing my undergraduate degree here, I have made everlasting connections with faculty and students, traveled internationally, and excelled in my field of study. CU Denver was the opposite of a traditional college experience, in a good way. If you're looking for a small school, but looking to shape yourself independently, the University of Colorado Denver comes highly recommended.

keila

The University of Colorado Denver is a really great school. It is very diverse and it accepts any person on campus for who they are. Being on campus is a lot of fun and I find it very easy to do my work campus. Finding friends is always exciting because of the diversity there is and there are always new opinions to be heard. Also, due to the fact that it is a shared campus with two other schools it is always easy to find people that you might already know, I think this is a great bonus to have better resources. All in all, the University of Colorado Denver has an amazing environment for any student that wants to learn and they can easily fit in because there is no one dominating culture, race or idea.

Maria

CU Denver is a pretty cool school to me. The classes I've taken have been very useful, and the professors very helpful and supportive. They're always encouraging us to do more, learn more, and risk more. The school is very diverse in terms of culture and I think it's important, I feel included and free to share my differences.

Cj

I have only been enrolled for one semester so far and am getting ready to venture into my second. I enjoy the people and the campus, however, I have had certain issues with academics. I appreciate the work ethic that the CU Denver environment emphasizes, but I do not appreciate the classroom culture. I have found teachers to be unhelpful and often refer questions, and further help, only to their teachers aid. This is not to disregard the two teachers I was fortunate to have that provided tremendous support, especially my English teacher in particular. I do take into account my English teachers capability of being more present was due to the classes smaller scale. This does not however absolve the teachers who had mid-size classes that chose to ignore the reason why they are teachers and present within the class. I also cannot, unfortunately, disregard the fact many other facilities that are meant to be approachable for help are often more of a hassle. The staff seems to be often annoyed by the need for further assistance in such categories such as, financial aid and academic advising. This outcome makes sense because of the mass amount of people approaching them within a day. In fact, my mother on her first time dealing with my academic advisor commented on his coldness and disinterest after we had exited his office. I hope this review does not discourage anyone from the valuable education that CU Denver can provide, but do take these warnings into account.

Terra

I chose the University of Colorado Denver because of its location and the attitude of the campus. I was actually relieved to find a school that wasn't in a college town, and that expected its students to engage every day with the community. Students here range from traditional twenty-somethings to middle-aged professionals. This gives the campus a feeling of "I'm here to get my education and that takes priority," as opposed to other campuses, which seem to veer into the territory of ambivalence about quality education and prioritizing a party scene.

Kyleigh

I have never visited the anschutz campus. But I can review the Denver campus. I think overall the CU Denver buildings ONLY are fine. But the ones shared with the other two schools on campus are awful. They have very poor cleanliness and smell bad. They have super small rooms and desks. I have found CU Denver to be so overfocused on diversity that they end up now leaving out white people. They’ve got every club you can think of except one for white kids. Many professors make their political and religious views way too clear during class. I think teachers need to keep their personal views to themselves and keep it professional instead of wasting my money talking about their views as if it’s the only correct one.

Abby

The Campus is shared with two other schools which are nice because then you meet even more people. Everyone on campus is very nice and sweet. You can always ask where places are and the students will always help or even walk you to were you need to be. The campus always has activities planned so there is always something to do when you don't have class. The library is big and nice, there is an area for a quiet area for peaceful studying and then an area where you're just able to sit and relax. There is so many great things about the University of Colorado Denver.

I personally enjoy going to school everyday because my professors are always available to help when needed. Not only that but I feel safe to be there and know that I will get to class with no trouble. Also it's located in Downtown Denver so there's lots to do when I am not in class. The classes that are offered are also great. Another great thing about this campus is that it is very diverse which is something I love! I would attend any other college!

Jalen

My overall opinion of the University of Colorado Denver is positive. The Auraria Campus is located right in the heart of downtown Denver, and the overall community and feeling you get on campus is nice. Professors are available for help if you need them, and living on campus is not bad. The friends I have made while on campus are wonderful people, and it is my recommendation that you seek to make as many friends and study partners as possible. I have greatly enjoyed my experience at CU Denver, and I hope you will too.

Suman

University of Colorado Denver/ Anschutz Medical Campus is an outstanding school that seeks accomplishment in every way. Whether it is in medical, arts, engineer, etc. It is a place where a student not only spends 4-6 years of them life, but it's a place where a student can call it home, and dedicate those years on the field they were looking forward to.

Dylan

The school and location are beautiful. When I visited the school I instantly fell in love with how it was structured. I am really excited to go to school if I get accepted. I will gladly return to CU Denver whenever I get the chance. I also love how the school is in the heart of Denver, a city with life and a lot to do. There are sports always going on, and there is an amusement park right by the school that I think many of the students go to.

Jazman

My overall opinion of UCD is I am only a sophomore and so far I couldn’t see myself at a different school. It is so diverse on campus and the atmosphere is very pleasant, my peers are very accepting and always willing to help, along with the professors. My academic advisor is always checking on me to make sure I am comfortable with my classes and make sure I am on track to have a bright future and therefore he is very appreciated. It’s honestly such a great school!

This is a school for those who want to learn and have a successful career. Most of the students are commuters, many are going back to school after working or military service, and there is a HUGE diverse population on the campus. I love being in downtown Denver and being in the heart of the city. Since it's a commuter school, the students are very focused on learning thoroughly and passing all their classes. The teachers understand that often times the students are there to get as much out of their college career as possible so that they can be successful in moving forward in their futures. All the professors I have had really want to help their students, and they all seem very passionate about their fields. They get excited by the students at the school because so many people are willing to show interest, beyond showing up to class, in what they are learning. For some people, it's a bit of an adjustment to making friends because it's a commuter school. It definitely takes away from the traditional college expectations when you aren't living on campus surrounded by a bunch of other "early twenty-somethings, fresh out of high school." It brings about a sense of learned maturity in the students at a quicker pace, and it has honestly helped me to stay focused on my grades. I absolutely love this school, and the longer I'm here the more I appreciate the way it runs and all it has given me. You will truly grow at this school.

Maria

The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus has been my dream school since I was a little girl and the campus was just being built. This campus is state of the art with three renowned hospitals on campus and amazing research facilities. The buildings are clean and meticulously maintained. The library is one full of resources and technology, not to mention student access to study areas and education materials. This school is one of the best science based health campuses in the state and I am honored to be a student here. It is a lifelong dream realized for me.