University of Connecticut-Tri-Campus Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Connecticut-Tri-Campus

Madison

This school is a great choice for students who want to commute to school and maybe are not ready to dorm or cannot afford it. All staff is accommodating given the commuter aspect of the school. Clubs are limited but there are other opportunities to get involved at school events.

In my honest opinion UConn Waterbury is a great smaller campus for those who are looking for a more intimate college experience. At first glance the Waterbury campus might not seem like the best since it is a lot smaller than the other regionals, however the professors and staff make it feel more inviting. Since it is smaller, it forces students to engage in conversation and befriend on another so much so that whenever you walk into the lobby there are groups of people communicating. Overall it is a great campus and it has been my home for the past 3 years.

Orin

To be honest, the school is not that much different from my high school. It's safe, the faculty are friendly at most, and life there is average. The campus is smaller, which means it's easy generally to access professors if there's a reason for it. I prefer this campus than the main one(Storrs).

Khalid

I love uconn. It's a great university. It can seem difficult sometimes but you just have to try a little harder. You'll get through it. Some of the staff there are disrespectful and others are really nice. The Barnes and Nobles could be cheaper but they want to get as much money as they can out of us.

brooke

My overall opinion even for only being a freshman is amazing. The campus itself is newly renovated we have more classrooms in a historic building across from our campus. The Waterbury Uconn campus always has something going on, for example on Chinese New Year they handed out egg roles and lucky bamboo, they have Panera, and Moes catering all the time. The campus is great, the professors really care as well as long as you show the time and effort so will they.

Meaghan

As an alum, I was pretty satisfied with my experience at University of Connecticut Tri-Campus. I liked that the tuition was reasonable and I was able to complete my degree at that campus without having to go to UConn Storrs. Though it was a tiny campus, they offered space to lounge inside and outside, had a okay sized library and co-op. I enjoyed the professors I got to know. If you are someone who is looking for the complete college experience, large campus, living at school, partying and etc, then I would not recommend University of Connecticut Tri-Campus. One thing I found was that this was a good campus to start your degree and eventually transfer to UConn Storrs if you'd like.