University of Dallas Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Dallas

Celeste

Overall, University of Dallas is a great school. I love my professors, and the academics are fantastic. The Core Curriculum classes are very eye-opening. Plus, everyone is very welcoming; I feel at home here. Unfortunately, it is a very expensive school, and there are not a lot of places nearby.

Bernadette

The experience started off rocky, but I grow to love the campus more the longer I'm here. It has a very close-knit community and it is easy to make friends because everyone is so welcoming. Sometimes it is like a bubble because there isn't much around campus, but that only pushes you to go on weekend adventures with friends.

Haley

I think it is an amazing school. If you want to have a safe place to study while making friends that you will keep for the rest of your life, this is the place for you. The campus is a nice size in Irving Texas. People are open and will always say hello to you on the way to class.

Mary-Catherine

If you're looking for a college with a solid Catholic environment and rigorous academics, this is the place for you. You will see priests and sisters in habits every day, and the students love them! Be prepared to put in a lot of study and writing time. Compared to more strict Catholic colleges like Christendom, UD is lax. There isn't much of a dress code to speak of, smoking on campus is common, and students drink but it is not a necessary part of the social life. If you were homeschooled, you will fit in here, there are a lot of us! Overall, this is a great school but definitely not for everyone. You really have to experience the "UD bubble" for yourself to know what it's like.

I feel that the University of Dallas is the most underrated school in the country. I had not even heard about the University until Summer after my Senior year of High School. I learned about the University when researching smaller schools where I could continue playing basketball. Attending the University of Dallas is probably the best decision I have ever made to date.

Nadia

The University of Dallas has created a unique culture that is unmatched. The pursuit of wisdom, truth, and virtue is evident from the core curriculum to the extracurricular involvement of students. The emphasis on the importance of a liberal education in embodied by the students who become grounded in principles which provide the most firm foundation for living a truly honest, impactful, and healthy life in any given environment. The overall curriculum outweighs any shortcomings in the food or housing services. After all, it is the stellar education, not campus amenities, which will remain with the incredible young professionals that this school produces.

The University of Dallas is a hidden gem. It is a very small school, but the quality of the education received is unsurpassed. The faculty and staff are extremely caring and are always available to help one succeed academically, socially, and spiritually. Every student is encouraged to think independently and formulate their own opinions. We have a strong core class program and one of the best study abroad programs in the nation. It is not your typical college experience, but if you are interested in learning and becoming a better person, this is the perfect place. We have several faculty members who attended Ivy League universities and they state that our academics are comparable. I am so proud to be a UD student and extremely blessed to be able to attend here.

Saul

I love the school, it offers so many ways for me to grow and learn. I love that I feel accepted and have the area of Dallas to explore. It is amazing how man like-minded intelligent individuals there are. Overall the professors are relatable to the students and provide a welcoming learning environment. You have to keep in mind that it is a private Catholic school, and in turn, you get a lot of pretentious obnoxious students.

Bree

Despite old facilities and cafeteria food, the University of Dallas is great. The teachers are knowledgeable in their fields and care about the students’ success in their class. There are many clubs to get involved in, and they are all welcoming. The students are very nice and friendly. The university’s core curriculum, being liberal arts, aims to make a well rounded person, which I really like. Summing things up, I like the University of Dallas for its education and it’s teachers and students.

J

Students and faculty are prejudiced. If you are black, hispanic, asian I would look elsewhere.

It's a really good school if you enjoy having deep conversations and finding humor in ancient philosophy. The campus is beautiful and the coffee is good. I know several of the professors even though I am not an official student yet, and they are encouraging, kind, and interesting to talk to. I can't wait to begin classes!

Jaleet

As a leading Catholic liberal arts university, the University of Dallas is the school to attend for a balanced education delving into the disciplines of science, mathematics, and the humanities. In addition, a key highlight of the undergraduate experience here is the study abroad semester at our campus in Rome!

becky

I would never say University of Dallas is for everyone. How did a private, Catholic university with less then 2000 students, in the middle Irving, Texas that prides itself in the pursuit of independent thought and truth end up with the generic name "University of Dallas?" But these quirks, along with a vibrant academic life, thriving (albeit unusual) student culture and activities, and a feeling of home as soon as you step on the campus make this college a beloved, unique school for all those who study there. The 4 years I spent there have built a lifetime of friends, memories, and love of learning.

Isabella

I love the feeling of community on campus . There are professors who are always ready to help. And the students are all sooo kind and friendly.

Kylie

I see myself going there and becoming apart of something so great and so welcoming. I myself don’t really like the cold weather, but I’d push through it, knowing I’d have a great experience. As I walked around the campus grounds, I saw not only hardworking students but students who built connections with one another, and I see that for myself. University of Dallas is the place to be!