University of Dayton Top Questions

Adrianne

We are known for our sense of community, our basketball team, and our Mairanist values.

Our school is best known for its beautiful campus, tight-knit student community, and the happiness the resonates from the faces of everyone associated with the wonderful universtiy.

The University of Dayton is best know for its sense of community. Associated with the Marianists, UD provides a welcoming family environment for all of its students, regardless of a student's ethnic, political, or religious backround. This, in fact, was the main reason I chose to come to the University of Dayton.

Starla

University of Dayton is known for being the less expensive private school in Dayton and it's also an Catholic university. We are also known for our men and women's basketball teams that made it far in the tournament last year. We also have a great graduation rate and a top 10 tier university in the nation.

My school accomplishes the major feat of getting Black Americans into top notch dental and medical schools. They have a great science department that prepares students for the rigors of medical related graduate programs. My school is known for instilling christian principles into studentst that will help them to serve their communities in a positive way. My school produces great musicians such as Brian Mcknight, Take 6 and many more. My school is Oakwood University and I stand by it 120{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c}.

The most prominent aspect of the University of Dayton is it's Marianist focus on Community. No matter who you are or where you come from in life, you are welcomed with open arms at UD. In my opinion, the University does an excellent job of interweaving the Marianist Charism thoughout the curriculum. Most notably, the student body and administration embrace Community in such a genuine manner. No one can walk on campus and not feel the overwhelming sense of belonging. It is truly commendable.

University of Dayton is known for its business school, the partying, and its rich Catholic Marianist tradition.

Diana

The University of Dayton has an excellent community. There is a home away from home feeling; I instantly felt as if I belonged to a whole new family as soon as I walked on the campus. There are many opportunities to get involved on campus including a wide variety of clubs, both academic and social.

The University of Dayton is most well know for their engineering program; Ethos, and a school that is challenging but is also fun.

The community. It's really cliche and overused, but it's true. Students here really care about each other, and it's easy to meet new people or find help when you need it. Upperclassmen are always willing to help a freshman find their classes and I always feel safe here.

andrew

basketball marianist tradition

Siobhan

It is known as an acadamically challenging as well for having a great sense of community. It is a catholic marianist school, so it is known for it's community work around the dayton area. People recognize Dayton graduates as well rounded hard working people.

Kelli

We are one of the happiest schools in the country and everyone is very friendly. There is a strong academic basis and everyone wants to succeed yet there is plenty of opportunity to have a great social life and make many friends.

Jackie

Basketball or UDRI.

Mackenzie

UD is best known for its willingness to welcome anyone, the sense of real community on campus is what i loe most about UD. Campus feels like home to me and without that feeling why would i come back for 4 years. It is a place where i have good friends that i know i will have for years to come.

community

Again, I believe that this is a similar question to the first and I would say community is what we are best known for. UD is a Marianist Catholic school where students are able to find a community and shows what can be out in the world.

Jacqui

UD is known for its medium size, small classes, friendly peers and profs, strong academics;, having a strong campus life - 99{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of students live on campus. Engineering and education are its most highly thought of courses of study.

Partying, basketball, Marianists, and the Ghetto (student neighborhood).

The strong community that is built between students attending. Its amazing!

It is best known for the friendly and welcoming environment that the student neighberhood portrays. Most students know they belong when they come to visit for the first time.

The comerodity and school spirit

Honestly, it may be drinking. But I prefer to think it is best known for friendliness and community

Community. Marianist-ness.