University of Dayton Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Dayton

Caleb

I love the University of Dayton. UD gives you the comfort and safety of a small school, with the resources and connections of a large one. With an intense focus on community, the staff, students, and even visitors always feel welcome and feel as though they are a part of something.

Gianna

Overall, I really enjoy UD. The academics are tough, but professors are more than willing to help you along with your classmates and there are many opportunities to be tutored. The party life adds so much fun to the weekends and are a great way to meet new people. I'd recommend attending UD to anyone!

Jessika

*I'm actually attending St. Mary's University in San Antonio, TX. Know that StMU and UD are sisters school. With that in mind... These are fine institutions. The presence of the Sisters, Brothers and Priests from The Society of Mary makes a HUGE difference. Their charism is passed through everything we do; we focus on our family spirit, hospitality, growing holistically, becoming active members of society, and mindful the impact our decisions have. If given the chance, I would choose this Marianist institution all over again.

Maggie

I transferred to the University of Dayton second semester of my freshman year and I could not be happier. Everyone is so friendly and it is easy to make friends. I have enjoyed majority of my professors and my classes have the right balance between being challenging yet not impossible.

Julia

I moved here from Europe and immediately felt at home in the UD Community. Was worried about living in dorms beforehand, but the dorms are clean and fresh (same with bathrooms and showers), and the rooms are decent when it comes to size. There's lots of help to get used to the U.S college experience, and to keep track on requirements for your major.

Anna

It's a great school that is all about community. Everyone is very welcoming which makes it easy to make friends. You can expect to know at least a couple of people in each class and most professors will know you by name due to the smaller class sizes. You can email most professors if you can't go to their scheduled office hours and they'll set up an extra meeting time for you. Food is good compared to most schools and has a lot of choices. Housing is close to campus and very convenient for classes and campus life.

Alyssa

The University of Dayton is my home away from home. If you want to go to a college that is full of encouraging and positive students and faculty then UD is the place for you! I am involved in the international program so I am rooming with an student who lives in Abu Dhabi. Our friends, who live on our floor, come from all over too, whether national or international. Even though Dayton is a small city, there are many activities to get involved in, on and off campus. Plus, UD gives you a lot of scholarship money so the experience is heightened just by that too.

Chauntyele

The high school that I graduated from is on the campus, so I have known this college for many years. The campus is fun and has many things to do especially on the weekend. People are mostly nice. I'm glad to have been accepted at UD. I wish that there were more restaurants on campus. I also wish that all of the dorms were consistent in size.

Martha-Marie

The University of Dayton has a great academic program with a wide variety of majors to choose from. The campus is small, but pretty and the class sizes are ideal and range from as small as 10 students to 75, 100 at most. The professors, are generally, very willing to help and they frequently advertise their office hours. Academically I really like this school. My only issue is with the demographics of the student population. I think UD needs to continue to strive to diversify the student body and their faculty and staff. Especially if they want to continue to claim to have a "diverse and inclusive community." I believe that with the new leadership that has been established they can get somewhat closer to achieving that goal of a diverse community, but I doubt it will ever get to 50/50 or even 25/75. As an African-American student, I do applaud their efforts however to engage more multicultural/minority students in on/off-campus activities. The student body also attempts to strive to be a "community" and it is very visible that they believe in that motto. I have personally only experienced a few individuals who chose to behave as if it were the 1920's. But overall, I like UD, and I am glad I chose this school.

Tim

Absolutely amazing! Great school environment for learning paired with some of the greatest staff members ever. The class sizes are kept relatively small to provide communication with professors. The medium size school offers D1 athletics which provides for many activities on weekends. The school has one of the best research programs in the country and shares partners with GM and Wright Patt Airforce Base. The city of Dayton also provides fun entertainment with o e of the greatest aerospace museums.

Theodor

Pretty good, I came to this school for a reason, even if I disagree with the faith-based rules. There's a large emphasis on community here, and everyone is very open and accepting. There are always events going on around campus, whether its a student org or a house party. The housing is fantastic, you get your own home junior/senior year.

Briana

UD is honestly a great place to pursue your post secondary education. It has an awesome campus vibe, and a snug, tight-knit community, and a strong sense of service to ones self and peers. There a multitude of things to do on campus, including clubs, recreational areas, student organizations and more! Not to mention their top tier educational programs!

Cody

I went there for undergrad and had a great enough time to go back for my masters. I lived on campus for my undergrad and there were always new people to meet and things to do. Campus life was great. The housing was an old ghetto converted into student housing, so as imagined, the houses were not in the best of shape, but for a place to eat, sleep, shower, and party, they were absolutely perfect. In terms of academics, each class had it's own issues usually but that is just my opinion of the professors. I loved most of them and loathed others. Academically, I learned much more than I could've hoped for. Class size was 30 or less for about 98% of the classes, which kept things personal. It was not uncommon for class discussions to have everyone involved.

It was a great college experience, with a safe and welcoming environment. The academics were good, especially the engineering programs. The class sizes were also small and professors know students by name. Some of the buildings and facilities could use updated.

Madison

I love the University of Dayton! It has quickly become my home, my favorite place to be. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for good academics and a great community of people. Students always hold doors for each other, the dining hall staff are the adoptive family I never knew I needed, and good friends are easy to find.

John

Dayton is a great school and the academic and social resources they provide are second to none. The dorms, food, recreation facilities and classrooms are top notch, and the staff want to help you succeed. The few down sides are the cost, and the area outside campus not being super safe.

MacKenzie

The University of Dayton is the most amazing place. There is nowhere else I would want to be. The atmosphere is addicting. I never want my time at Dayton to end! Best school ever by far. I looked around at other schools and none of them called to me the way Dayton did. Choosing Dayton is never a choice that is regretted.

Julia

Overall, I have had an amazing experience here! I have made good friends who live by me in my dorm and I feel that I really get to claim my education. There is a huge sense of pride in having community here and professors encourage you to follow your vocation in what you decide as your career path and want you to succeed.

Robin

I absolutely love the University of Dayton. I feel like I am 100% prepared for what I will find when I graduate college. I love the community it has, and I am happy to share my experiences. Being a UD student has shown me that education is not all about studying, but it is about loving how you are doing it and loving the culture. You will find both of these things at the University of Dayton.

Frankie

Overall University of Dayton is a wonderful university that focuses on community and education. The faculty work hard to try and insure that all students feel like they belong. There are a variety of programs different students can join and it doesn't take long before the campus starts to feel like home.

Celia

As my education at UD has progressed, I cannot help but fall more and more in love with it every day. The campus gives a welcoming atmosphere where everyone can find their people. Whether you like to study a lot, get involved in social justice, talk about your faith, be active, or party, Dayton offers opportunities to become as involved as you would like. Clubs and organizations are all amazing and everyone seems to be involved in something great! Classes are usually small enough where you have the opportunity to get individual attention from your professor, and they are always more than willing to help. If your professor isn't enough, there are plenty of other opportunities for tutoring and extra help across campus. The one area where Dayton is lacking is its diversity, most notably with African American students, who make up only nine percent of the student body.

Makenzie

I love UD. I feel like it is the perfect mix of what you want in a University. Great academics and professors. Awesome students who are welcoming to all. There is something for everyone at UD. I also, love the food options and the housing is top notch.

Matthew

This is the greatest place on earth. I honestly have nothing bad to say about this university. When you walk on campus, there is a big emphasis on "community" and how there is a huge sense of community on campus. One may seem like this emphasis is just a gig to get people to be interested in the university, but I truly felt this gust of wind that I call community the second I stepped on campus. From the people to the campus to the academics to the food to the living arrangements, there is not a single thing that I can think of that is wrong with this university. I have truly come to love it in so many different ways. I can call the University of Dayton my home.

Neil

It is a quality institution with great ambitions for the future, but it is expensive to attend. They pay lip service to making it more affordable, but their extensive list of purchases and renovations say otherwise. It also overuses the term "community" to the point where they have everyone choking on it daily.

Yasmin

I absolutely love the University of Dayton. It's my dream school and I am beyond blessed to be able to attend. Everything about UD is great! The food is amazing, the housing is wonderful, and the people are amazing. There are also a lot of clubs so there's something for everyone on campus. Even though UD is fairly expensive, there are many scholarships and financial aid that help students! I love UD and the UD community! There's no place I would rather be.

Ana

University of Dayton is an overall great place. The student body is amazingly welcoming. There are so many opportunities to get involved in campus activities. Greek life is an option, but not a huge presence on campus. The food is great. Only downside is the living situation. Campus housing is based on a point system, so you must be committed to getting points in order to get the campus housing you want.

Meredith

The University of Dayton is a great school academically, socially, and deeply involved in improving their community. It was hard to find my home here at first, but once I became involved in clubs and organizations on campus it was easy to make friends. The professors are encouraging and engaging, I feel as if my professors actually know me and are constantly improving themselves in order to provide the best information to teach their students. Faculty and staff are proud to be apart of the UD community, the staff in the dining halls know and build relationships with students, the campus is truly home away from home. I found my home on campus by getting involved, not only improved my social life but also encouraged self growth. Being on campus has changed me for the better and I challenge others to find a school that does the same.

Claire

I love everything about Dayton, but there are certain aspects we could chance. There could be more shopping and activities for students to do off campus because there is the "UD bubble". While our basketball team is very good, there are not many other sports the students make an effort to go see.

Dana

My overall opinion on the University of Dayton is how beautiful it is - inside and out. This school has not only driven me to a successful life, but also building healthy relationships and connections that further improve the general well being of society. The amount of opportunities are endless no matter what you are interested. There is a place for everyone at this school regardless of demographics, likes and interests. Everyone who attends UD often calls it there second home because it is. Go Flyers!!

When I started at the University of Dayton, I felt its famous sense of community. I have never felt more at home; all the students and faculty are so kind, and they are always looking out for one another. The academic side of the university is top notch. The professors want each student to succeed and are available for help and guidance in and outside the classroom. There are so many wonderful activities and groups to be involved in, and all the facilities on campus are incredible. I recommend the community-centered University of Dayton to any prospective student I meet because I believe it is the best school.

Jenna

The University of Dayton has something for everything. We pride ourselves on our incredible academics, our successful basketball team, and our strong sense of community. The campus is lovely, the people are kind and generous, and the buildings are kept clean and nice. It is a really tight-knit community despite being a relatively large, private university. I love my school!

Allison

I love the University of Dayton! UD was three hours away from home, but made me feel at home everyday that I was there. I recently graduated in December 2018, and being away from UD has been so hard for me. However, I am extremely grateful for the amazing friends that I have made, and the incredible professors that I have made connections with. Go flyers!!

Alexandra

Overall, I am in love with my university. I could not imagine myself going literally anywhere else because it legitimately feels like a second home to me. I am so happy with the people surrounding me not only educationally, but also relationally. The atmosphere is something indescribable and unlike any other college campus. I have yet to meet one person attending or has attended the University of Dayton that does not have only good things to say about it.

Laurel

Great college for students who want a good community and campus life. Everything happens on the campus and you meet a lot of people. The academics are good and you have many extracurricular opportunities. Students, faculty and staff are really helpful and friendly. Even though Dayton is not the most exciting city, I would choose University of Dayton again!

denver

I really like this University. The people were nice, the atmosphere was great. I felt like I was at home. I feel like I have found a future place here at the university. I can not wait to join the school in the fall and start working towards my degree.

I absolutely love the University of Dayton and could not be happier with my decision to attend college there! The school provides me with all of the resources necessary to be successful academically. There are so many great professors and also tutoring services available to those who need them. The school is also a lot of fun. There is always something going on every night of the week whether it be on or off-campus. The University of Dayton is also full of great students and people that allow the college life to be enjoyable and beneficial at the same time.

Cierra

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to help better the world around me. Although, I had hopes of attending OSU in the autumn of 2018, I was drawn to the University of Dayton due to the generous amount of financial help offered to me. Ultimately, after spending almost a full academic year at the University of Dayton, I have come to realize that my life decisions should not be driven by financial need, but by passion. The University of Dayton didn't feel like "home," even though I am a Dayton native. People were not the friendliest, professors were mediocre. In comparison to the University of Dayton, I feel as if OSU would provide a more motivating, supportive environment, pushing me to reach my full academic potential, and goals for helping others. English never failed to be my most successful subject in areas including the ACT and CCP courses. My English teachers also found me to be a reliable student who thoroughly understood the material enough to assist them, and explain it to my classmates. My ability to excel in this subject led me to discover a career that I am passionate about and able to execute well. With this, I am confident in successfully preparing myself at The Ohio State University to be a future educator. The Ohio State University, as previously presented, pairs well with my initiative in preparing to help others in my future career. I find my success in helping others, while others may find their biggest successes to be those that primarily benefit themselves. I aspire to add to the supportive, and motivating, environment I believe the university embodies.

I think the University of Dayton is an amazing place. Not only are the students here ranked some of the happiest in the world, we also are ranked very highly on the academic scale as well. There is a community here that you cannot find on any other campus. The students are extremely friendly and always willing to wait and hold the door for you or offer to buy your lunch if you forgot your ID. Students here are friends with all classes and with all types of people. There are many clubs that are offered which allows you to make connections with those involved in the same interests as you. Furthermore, the professors at this University are some of the kindest and most understanding I have ever met. They truly care about your learning and want you to succeed in their classes. They offer multiple office hours in which you can come in and ask for help, and always are willing to schedule a meeting time with you if needed. They are very passionate about their teaching and truly care for the students well-being as well. There are many things to do both on campus and off of campus for students. The University provides multiple events on campus, such as Christmas on Campus, in which the students can participate. We are located very close to Downtown Dayton which has many shops, restaurants, and events that students can attend on the weekends. Overall, I think the University of Dayton is one of the best college campuses because of the community and academic opportunity they provide for their students and their families.

Caroline

I absolutely love the school. The best word to describe it is community which is a compliment and sincere appreciation of the neighborhood that is built on campus. Whenever people ask about my college I do not stop smiling in describing the amazing things UD offers.