Newark, DE
University of Delaware

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Delaware

The similiarities found within a group of my peers makes the diversity between us practical unbelievable, yet these likenesses also highlight the beauty and amazement of blending different ideas, perspectives, and beliefs into a familial closeness.

Growing up, I always had a hard time understanding that I may not be able to be the best at everything. While this is a simple and well-known lesson, it is much harder to put into practice than it is to put into words. I expected to shine as I entered college by getting into every school I applied to, having an amazing roommate who would be my best friend for the rest of my life, and immediately diving into leadership positions while still excelling in my classes. I wanted to be the perfect student and have a perfect first semester. However, this year has taught me that perfection is merely an idea, and that not everything will work out exactly how I plan. I may not have gotten into every school or accepted to the positions I applied to, my roommate and I may go our separate ways after this year, and straight As may not be as easy to obtain as I thought, but in hindsight, those things have not prevented me from having a successful and enjoyable first semester. Keep your head held high, and remember that simply striving for perfection can also lead to success.

The University of Delaware is a cohort of interconnected groups and circles. The possibility to get involved and meet new people is incredible high, and through joining one extracurricular activity or group, one is immediately introduced to several other opportunities that may spark her interest. Maybe even more importantly, groups that are not exactly "alike" are also intertwined, allowing one to learn more about herself through new ideas and hobbies. This university has allowed and helped me to step outside my comfort zone through the extracurricular availabilities, thus teaching me about my dreams and goals.

Jason

I would tell him to not go to college, to just get a job for life experience until he feels ready to go to college. Instead of going when I am not mentally ready for it.

I am still applying so I don't know what to brag about yet. Although I'm not really a bragger.

Harry

I honestly hate almost everything about the University of Delaware. Really an ugly campus with a bunch of self-absorbed rich kids who could care less about anything other than getting drunk and spending all of their parents' money.

Paige

If I could tell myself anything as a senior in high school, it would be to take advantage of scholarships. I applied to some, but I know I should have put more effort into scholarships and trying to save more money for college. Instead of doing the many scholarships my mom found for me, I went out with friends. I spent all summer with family and friends and didn't do any work. I would tell myself that t would be a mistake not to take advantage of opportunities. The one thing I regret has to be that I didn't try hard enough to save for college.

Any type of person should attend the University of Delaware. We are an eclectic student body. Delaware has many differnet majors, clubs, foods, sports, greek life and people. It may take some time, but you will find your'e niche and yourself at the University of Delaware. Picking a college is a scary, but exciting choice for many young adults. Just know, at the University of Delaware, just be yourself and you will thrive.

The worst part about the University of Delaware is definitely the cost of tuition. As an out-of-state student, tuition is ridiculously expensive. Be wary as an out-of-state student, you will probably have an exorbitant amount of debt when you graduate as I will.

Alicia

The University of Delaware is an excellent stepping stone for gaining life experiences and knowledge for the future, but only if used as a resource properly and taking advantage of any and every opportunity that comes your way.

Dear High School Senior Me, I want to start by saying live the next year of your life like the Bob Marley song " Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing gonna be alright". Know that when you make a decision to attend a university there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, consider the quality of the education you are looking for, and know that no decision to attend a university is a cheap one so be mindful of costs. Second, think about the type of people you want to go to school with. Are you comfortable attending a school in which each face is a new one, or would you be more comfortable closer to home with many familar faces? The social setting you put yourself in will in many ways shape how you feel about your school. Lastly work your hardest and don't be afraid to try new things. For example if you get an email asking about trying out for the women's rowing team (which you will) go for it! Nothing bad can happen from you taking chances, you will either fail and learn from your mistakes or succeed.

Someone best suited to attend the University of Delaware is someone who is very outgoing , possibly interested in joining greek life, or playing a sport, but also committed to working towards a good education. The University of Delaware is not a cheap school to attend so someone who plans on coming here should be willing to put in the work needed to be successful, but also willing to try new things and step outside of the box to meet new people and live new experiences.

Brett

Students from all over the world come to University of Delaware to study. Students are eager to learn about their major as well as making friends. During the week you can find most of them in a study hall reading. On the weekend you can find them participating in extracurricular activities such as intermural volleyball or dance. One characteristic that brings the entire campus together, faculty and students, is their love for sports. Even if an individual doesn't like sports when they first arrive at UD, upon graduation, they will be always rooting for the Blue Hens.

When looking back upon my life since graduation from high school till now I would have to say an important piece of advice is to take your studies seriously. Do not goof off in the first two years of college because in the end, your grade point average does mean something, especially when you are trying to get into graduate school. Give everything you do, whether academic, professional, or personal, 110 percent. I didn’t learn this until my junior year of college and trying to bounce back from that choice was tough. The most important advice I would give to my 17 year old self is that no matter how much you plan life, things will not go accordingly. When this happens, do not sit around and do nothing, revise your plan and keep moving. I have encountered many forks in the road in life, some expected, and others not so much. Whether it was pursuing a different degree choice, not getting into a certain program, or getting into a tough graduate school program, take life one step at a time. It all works out in the end.

The University of Delaware is a fairly large school that is located in the middle of Newark, Delaware. Although University of Delaware and Newark police strive for public safety, the City of Newark is not the safest place. There have been countless cases of theft and assault that occurs late at night, especially on the weekend. To combat this, students are encouraged walk in groups late at night and be aware of emergency phones that have been placed throughout the campus. Despite this danger, the University of Delaware is still a fantastic University that is constantly improving itself.

“Ring! Ring! Here’s your wake up call! This is where everything counts; this is what really matters. You’ve done pretty well in high school, but college is a whole different league. The classes will get A LOT harder, but you’ll be able to manage them. The thing that will hit you hard will be the social life. It’s oh so tempting to go out too often or to ‘relax’ the weekend before a test, but you MUST resist. College weekends start on Thursday, but lucky you has classes on Friday so suck it up and don’t go out! The key to thriving is balance; work hard during the week and enjoy yourself during the weekends. You must be smart and if you have a test coming up, ACTUALLY STUDY FOR IT and don’t go out that weekend! You have years ahead of you! You need both the academics and the fun, but you can’t let either one dominate your college career. Take advantage of all the opportunities, but don’t overload yourself. Keep adding activities until you are busy, but not stressed. Most of all, maximize your time at college!”

Any person who has a desire to learn and be prepared for their career can attend this school. University of Delaware is a very diverse school that can accomodate anyone and everyone. Any person can feel at home here and, with some effort, can do well here.

Alcohol is a large part of this campus. There are plenty of people who do not drink and there is plenty of activities to keep them occupied, but alcohol is promenant on this campus.

John

UD is known for its rankings, research, and its academics overall.

UD is known for its rankings, research, and its academics overall.

As a high school senior, I was very distracted by my social life and wasn't too concerned about college (although I knew that I wanted to go). I didn't spend much time on scholarships, didn't take AP classes, didn't apply myself; and because of this, I lost out on a lot of money for school (which I suffer greatly from) and had to go to a community college for a year. Once I finally applied myself to my school work, I became a strong student and I remain that way today. In high school, my GPA was around a 3.2~3.3 with average classes. In college, my GPA is a 3.812 and I have taken difficult classes such as; General Chemistry 1 and General Chemistry 2 (UD has a very difficult chemistry department), and received an A in each one. So if I could go back in time, I would tell myself to strive for great grades, enroll in AP courses, and take that final year of high school seriously.

I consider the difficulty the worst part. But if it werent for the difficulty, it wouldnt be ranked so highly.

Rachael

The University of Delaware is an engaging, spirit-filled, academically enriching, and fun school.

If I could go back and give my high school self advice, I would say be confident in yourself. The first few days of college is scary, no parents, new people. You have to assert yourself into the kids your'e living with in your dorm, they're all in the same position as you are. Make sure you come out of your shell a bit. Thats the best way to make friends on the first few days. Also in regards to education, it is imperative that you make a schedule for yourself on the weekends. Make a to-do list of what you have to accomplish so that your social life does not impede on your academics. You have to find a nice balance between school time and social time. Lastly, just because its college, doesn't mean you shouldn't be safe when out at a party. Never put your drink down, always stay with friends, don't take any drugs, and don't feel pressure to take a lot of shots or play "catch up".

I think that the worst thing about my school from my overall experience is the lack of support with advisors. Each time I went to an advisor for help it seemed as if they circled around my question. I have heard this from other students as well. It made the process a little more difficult and I had to seek out the help of a professor instead of my advisor.

University of Delaware administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.