Newark, DE
University of Delaware

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Delaware

christine

i love that UD always has something going on. I think our school is a perfect size. If i could change one thing it would be that more people dormed. People are impressed when i tell them i go to UD. i spend most time in library a college town. there is a lot of school pride.

i believe a majority of our students do come from financially stable homes and i also believe UD students have traveled a lot.

that they are rich, wordly and open-minded

greek life is pretty big in UD. im involed in Chi omega. i think that dorms are 50% open, 50% closed. athletic events are somewhat popular.

professors are respectful to students. my favorite class is any class with professor shannon lennon edwards. least favorite is chem 101 with professor silver. i dont spend time with professors outside of class.

Bill

For the most part yes. I would say Greek life has grown tremendously since I came here in 2005

Girls as a collection are among the hottest. Big party school (dating back to when my parents were in college) Very strict on alcohol Police are uptight

Anna

i hate our gym... for school of over 15,000 undergrads its pretty lame. the treadmills are always broken, there's usually a line to even get in the door because they're over max capacity for the small two rooms its in... i pay enough money to this school that i shouldn't have to wait twenty minutes to get on a treadmill or fifteen minutes to even get in the gym. alot of people buy memberships to local gyms in the area but its annoying because most of them are not walking distance from campus and that's not something you should have to pay extra for.

the girls are really pretty and the guys are assholes because there are so many pretty girls that they dont have to appreciate them.

im in a small department so the professors know my name. usually freshman and sophomore year you're in big lectures so the professor's won't know your name...

Ryan

The best thing about UD is all the different people you get to meet. One thing i'd change is the size of the gyms provided by the university. UD is just the right size. I haven't really ever noticed a certain reaction of people when I tell them I go to UD. I spend most of my time in my apartment or at the gym. Newark is a college town. I don't have an opinion of UD's administration, I've never met any of the people that work there. There was a rapist on the campus who was breaking into girls' houses and waiting for them to come home, but he got caught last fall. There is a great deal of school pride here. I wouldn't say there is anything unusual about UD. One experience I'll always remember is joining my Fraternity. All the students that i've been in contact with say we need better Dining Halls.

I haven't had any problems with any "groups" on campus. My roommates are very similar to myself. I don't think any student would feel out of place here. Most students wear jeans and a t-shirt to class, although I wear sweatpants the majority of the time. Most people sit in the dining hall with people from their dorm floors. Most UD students are from New Jersey and Long Island. Financially i'd said the majority of students are upper middle class. My friends are very politically aware and active.

I would say that the majority of our students are white, and they definitely like to party.

They are upper-middle class white and like to party.

Professors of my smaller classes know my name. My favorite class right now is Physiology of Activity. It's my favorite because the teacher is very knowledgeable and nice, and it's interesting. My least favorite class is Neuromuscular Basics of Human Movement, because it's at 8 am in the morning. Class participation is common. UD students do have intellectual conversations outside of class. Students in my major are very competitive. Up to this point i haven't really taken any unique classes, but i'm looking forward to senior year.

Greek life is pretty popular on campus. I am in the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity and I love it. When i lived in the dorms the only time my door wasn't open was when my roommate and I were both out. The athletic events aren't that popular outside of the football games. I met my current girlfriend here and we've been dating for 7 months. I wouldn't be awake at 2 am on a Tuesday because of my 8 am class on Wednesday morning. My closest friends are ones that i've made through being in my fraternity. People party a good amount here. Freshman year I partied much more than any other year. There are plenty of things you could do on a Saturday night besides drinking, I just think most people prefer to drink from a social aspect.

Kristen

The best thing about UD is that it feels like home. You immediately feel warm and welcome and like it's where you are supposed to be, and there's something for everyone. If I could change something, it would be how expensive it is. UD is just right. People are generally pleased when I say I go to UD and tell me it's a good school. Most of my time on campus is in class, or in my apartment with my roommates. It definitely has a college town. UD's administration is pretty good, and if you have a problem with someone, you can easily find someone else. The most recent controversy was the noose found in front of a building, or the ResLife situation. UD is HUGE on school pride. Nothing really unusual about UD. I'll always remember freshman year and meeting everyone. Most frequent complaint is the way to sign up for classes and there not being enough sections.

not really. not everyone is. some are, i suppose, but it's a standard college.

Professors know my name because I participate. My favorite class right now is my ENGL480 seminar, and my least favorite is EDUC414. Students' study times varies from student to student--some 7 hours or so a day to none. Class participation is big in smaller classes as opposed to lecture halls.

that it's a huge party school and everyone is a rich, stuck up party animal.

The best thing about UD is the beautiful campus and everyone is friendly. The school is the PERFECT size. It is definitely a college town. Administration is great, especially in the business school. Stdudent complaints: Don't even try to use a fake id. VERY STRICT bar scene.

Our school is very mainstream white kids, but there is a little of everything. Students wear sweatpants and UGGs to class. Most students are from NY, NY, PA, and MD. Upper middle class.

preppy, beautiful, athletic, white

Greek life is fun. Students only live on campus for 2 years. Partying is usually thusday-sat nights -- for juniors and seniors its tues-saturday night : )

Professors don't really know my name. Students study alot. Work hard/play hard atmosphere.

lauren

I think our school is just the right size and my favorite thing about it are the amazing people i've met here. many adults reactions are that they think i'm a party girl but people my own age know at least three people who go there and have heard all good things about it. most of my time is spent in class or at my apartment. it's definitely a college town. i think the administration is great. school pride is average. the experience i'll always remember are the random times with my best friends, whether it be a fun night we had, going to the footballs games, or just hanging out in the dorm. a lot of students complain about parking

there is diversity on campus, not too much but there are many student organizations that are geared towards specific groups. most students are very casual to class. jeans and a t shirt or sweat shirt. its the best. different types of students interact during class and things like that or during labs. at a dining hall you'd have kinda nerdy people who look really smart, the annoying loud kids who bang on tables and yell for no good reason, your typical 19, 20 year olds just laughing and eating then you'd have a "group" as described above in the question. most students are from nj, ny, maryland, va, pa and delaware. most people i meet are middle to upper middle class. there are groups of people who are politically active but i wouldn't call it a politically active school. most people i know are left or center. and most of my friends don't talk about how much we'll earn one day.

i'd say these stereotypes are pretty accurate but not everyone is like that.

professors know your name if you go for extra help or if you have them for more than one class. other than that, the classes are pretty big lectures so teachers don't know your name. my favorite classes are ones i'm actually interested in not just requirements. my least favorite classes are ones that i am required to take by the university that don't interest me at all. my major's for getting a job because i'm a bio major so a lot of it focuses getting ready for the mcats or grad school. many students in my major are competetive i don't know about other majors though.

a lot of popular groups on campus are fraternities and sororities and intermurals and club sports are very common too. i'm involved in one of our schools dance clubs and in a sorority. the dance club is great and is student run and gives everyone a chance to get involved and continue dancing through college. my sorority is amazing and it's the best decision i made in college. all my friends in our dorms left our doors open and were very social but other places to live i've heard horror stories of people being extremely anti social...it all depends on what dorm you live in. athletic events are averagely popular (except football is very popular). guest speakers and theater is not something i do personally but still is averagely popular among students. Dating scene? There really isn't people just meet out at parties and that's that usually. dating is so hard in college. i met my closest friends through my dorm floor. if its 2am on a tuesday and i'm up i'm studying. traditions and events that we always look forward to are homecoming and greek week. people party friday and saturday nights, tuesdays and thursdays are popular too especially at the bars. fraternities and sororities are important to me but its not a fact that everyone who is social joins greek life, like i've heard at some other schools. last weekend i went to a party and saturday i went on a bus trip to a bar. saturday night things that don't involve drinking - there's the movies and a bowling lane and we have a mainstreet with places to eat and places that sponsor local bands. the student center hosts movies. there are things to do that don't involve drinking. "off campus" isn't really the typical off campus. everything is in walking distance (within 10 min) even if you're technically off campus.

some stereotypes about ud are that it's a fun school with good academics too and is becoming more and more popular and harder to get into. it is known as somewhat of a party school. a stereotype of students is that we're preppy and like to party.

UD is the perfect size for me and offers a lot of ways to get involved. I would change their judicial system. it is too strict. People react by saying "where is that?" or "thats a party school!" There is not much school pride at all. I will always remember my experiences as a Chi Omega.

I dont think our school is very ethnically diverse. students wear all types of things to class. msotly sweats or jeans. different types of students interact. The so-called stereotypical "freak" may feel out of place.

not really. UD is a party school if you make it to be, but it doesnt have to be and the judicial system is becoming a lot more strict.

professors know your name if you make a point to have them know your name by participating, asking questions, going to office hours. Most students spend a good amount of time studying, but some don't at all. As a math education major i think UD required courses are absolutely rediculous, do not pertain to me and are unnecessarily hard. The most unique class ive taken is Linguistics. class participation is pretty common (def depends on teacher and subject though).

sports and greek life are very popular. I am involved in Chi Omega. doors are usually open in dorms but not constantly. i met my closest friends because we all lived on the same floor sophomore year. if you dont want to drink on weekends there is movies, mall, bowling. if i am awake at 2am on tuesday i am on facebook. athletic events are not too popular but i wish they were

keith

the best thing is that there is almost always something to do...the size is just right....there is a decent amount of school pride...i will always remember homecomings

this school is predominantly white...different races do interact....most students are from delaware and pennsylvania

That they are stuck up and snobby

my professors know my name...we stud a good amount...i don't spend time with professors outside of class...my least favorite class was philosophy

most popular team is football...students in dorms do leave their doors open...people party every weekend...you can go bowling on a saturday night and you dont have to drink

University of Delaware administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.