Newark, DE
University of Delaware

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Delaware

Autumne

When I first arrived here, I'll admit it was very difficult. There is a lot of culture shock associated with moving 600 miles away from home. But this campus is great for making you feel like you have a community. As soon as you join one club, or interact with your freshman floor, or take a class that you love you're able to see a friendly face every 10 minutes. It's a big school with a small school feel.

Monique

I love the University of Delaware because it is my home away from home. Most of the people I meet here are very helpful and are friendly when I have a question or need help. The professors are passionate about what they are teaching and try to engage the students as much as possible to create and develop an effective learning environment. The University provides plenty of safety resources and academic resources for students. There are various clubs that students can join. There is something for everyone. Students have the opportunities to take leadership roles such as an orientation leader, resident assistant, and president of a club. I was a welcome ambassador last year and I had fun showing the students our school and answering their questions.The school also provides "fun nights" for its students so that they have a alternate safe way of having fun during the weekends. I am excited to start my junior year here.

Kathryn

In the past, the University of Delaware had an issue with diversity and misrepresentation of the student body. While I am a white female, I recognize that there is a lack of representation on campus for students of other ethnicities and backgrounds. However, whenever there is a call to action, the student body comes together and unites in a way that surprises me. Among peaceful protesting, there have been walkouts, demonstrations, and public meetings where students' individual voices are actively supported and encouraged. Although there could be an improvement in the opportunities given on campus for minority students, UD is getting better, and I'm proud to say I stand in a community that is evolving.

Raquel

I will be attending the University of Delaware for the 2017/2018 school year. The college process was stressful, but once I stepped foot on the campus I knew it was the place for me. The campus is absolutely stunning with a great town. Main Street has a ton of shops, bars, and restaurants so if there are always places to go! UD is not super far from Philly or NYC which is great for people who love city life. It is a medium sized school so you may have lecture halls with 50 or more kids(usually in introductory courses), but you also have smaller classes depending on your major and course. The food is not superb, but the surrounding eateries make up for the mediocre food. Most of the dorms are recently renovated with elevators, AC and huge lounge areas. There are still dorms like the one I am assigned to that have no ac and they're still pretty spacious. I spend the night at UD so I know the party scene is pretty heavy. Greek Life is big, but it does not determine your social status. Even though we party hard at UD our academics are the most important thing, so students never let parties interfere with their studies. Also Joe Biden, former Vice President is an alum and a very friendly one! Anyways it's college so it will be the best at times or the worst at times.

Sarah Elizabeth

I love the University. As an engineer I am in an amazing program and it challenges me. I know I'm getting a great education.

Bruce

For me the university of Delaware is more than just a college, it is my home away from home. The atmosphere, kind professors and other students, as well as having so many ways to spend my free time. It is by no means the perfect campus, but if I had a choice of choosing one college to attend, the University of Delaware would be one of if not the very 1st option that pops into my head. When going over everything about the campus there is a whole lot of good and little to no bad. This is a school I would not be afraid to recommend to other people as a place to attend.

Jared

I love the University of Delaware. I have been provided with so many opportunities to excel and become involved on campus.

I truly love this institution. I am an out of state student and the University of Delaware has become my second home. I have made great friends, the classes are interesting and engaging and there are plenty of great food options on campus and very close to campus! The housing is great there is space for everyone just apply early!

Dana

UD is my second home and I know I made the right decision. The people here are so genuine and I love the beautiful campus. I visited the school junior year and from the moment I set foot on the green I knew it was the school for me. I have never met a student that is not goal driven and I am so excited to continue my career here.

I loved the University of Delaware. I grew up about 20 minutes from campus but felt as though I was still far enough away. UD is in the city of Newark with unique restaurants, stores, and Main Street was the place to be. It felt like home to me and there was always something to do. The school buildings themselves look historical but there is new construction taking place all over campus.

University of Delaware administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.