University of Delaware

« See more reviews of University of Delaware

The University of Delaware is an all around equally diverse, fun, energetic, and intelligent university. It is a place where everyone feels at home within hours of being there. The professors and faculty are kind and helpful people, and the students are friends you can hold relationships with for life. It is the kind of place I always imagined college to be. It is equally fun but it also is a great place for learning and school work, and it is easy to balance between the two. It is the ideal college experience.

I always say that it looks like a stereotypical collegetown/college campus. It looks like what a college should look like. On a nice day, the green looks amazing. I love walking down it because I feel like I'm in a movie. The brick and white matching buildings are also beautiful to look at. Campus is pretty big, but definitely not unmanageable. It took me a few weeks, but after that I knew where everything was and was totally comfortable getting anywhere I needed to go.

University of Delaware is a school where the princesses come to party, binge drink, and the dudes come to "conquer" women and have no respect for them; no one cares about their academics or school functions, disrespect campus security, have their parents pay for everything because they have never worked a day in their life and take "cupcake" classes to raise their GPA's rather than taking classes that will advance them in the future.

I think of UD as "classic state school." One thing I love about my school is how pretty it is. We've got a gorgeous green with red brick classroom buildings where most classes are held, and on nice days there are students out on the green reading, tossing a football, or playing frisbee. The visual appeal is one thing UD definitely has going for it.

My school is a respected institution that offers an excellent and diverse curriculum and has fantastic research laboraties in place, that places an emphasis on giving back, going green, and school spirit; it encourages students to excel and has set up tutors and guidance in order to allow students to excel.

The University of Delaware is such a hands on school especially in the Elementary Education department. I love the professor student interactions, campus life and all the amazing events that go on during the year. Since I live close to UD and commute, going there is so much easier and rewarding.

The University of Delaware is a school of great opportunity to make friends, specialize in a field and perform research, participate in school spirit, learn a great deal, tackle as many interests as you want and earn a degree that has a fabulous reputation attached to it.

The university provides its students with a well rounded education. The purpose, as many professors emphasize to their students is not to change the views of students but to make them more knowledgeable and aware of the world in which they live.

UD is a large school where you have the opportunity to meet lots of people, although you will not want to get to know all of them, and it is a place where you will waste a lot of time walking or waiting for a bus, but you can learn a lot there.

The University of Delaware is an excellent stepping stone for gaining life experiences and knowledge for the future, but only if used as a resource properly and taking advantage of any and every opportunity that comes your way.