University of Delaware

« See more reviews of University of Delaware

The University of Delaware is best known for its location, the beautiful green, and an amazing study abroad program. UD is conveniently located between Washington DC and New York City leaving plenty of opportunities for internships and cultural diversity. Also, the university prides itself on the comfortable and astonishing green ranked highly in America. One of the first schools to provide study abroad, the University of Delaware offers a wide range of places to visit and experience education across the world. My favorite new attention toward the University is Joe Biden, Vice President elect! He also lived in my dorm!

Our School is best known for excellent programs, especially a good engineering program for I am in it. We have good school spirit in our football games. We have good customer service whether it be from finantial aid, computing sites, librarys, dorms and so on. We are considered a party school. A high standard is set for prospective students, and maintaining high grades. There are countless programs; intermural sports, varsity, student organizations, fraternities, sororities, specific interest groups and so on.

The University of Delaware is best known for its study abroad program. UD was the first school to have study abroad and they encourage every student to study abroad at least once. UD has study abroad programs to every continent allowing students to broaden their horizens and discover new cultures and ideas. The study abroad is a very popular program and it is competitve to get into. Every student who studies abroad loves the experience and if given the opportunity, they would go again.

The University of Delaware is best known for it's beautiful campus and the positive engaging atmosphere that it provides it's students. There is always a club to join, an event to attend or a beautiful garden for you to sit in and study. The University does a great job of bringing its students together and keep them interactive not only with each other but within the surrounding community as well.

University of DE is known for teaching students to be well rounded in their education. Not only do we take classes just in our major, but we are exposed to many other fields. I love this because I have the opportunity to learn about other subjects besides my major. I love the size of the school because I get to meet many people of different interests and backgrounds.

I really do not know what the University of Delaware is best known for. I personally like the way UD is set up. I like the size of the campus, the location of the classes and that the green. The green is a patch of grass (larger than just a patch) that students will use to be outside and study or tan or play frisbee. I really like the atmosphere it gives our campus.

My school is probably best known for the aesthetics of the campus. The campus is medium sized with a lot to offer visually, but we are also known for being culturally diverse. When you step on campus you see that it is a mixing bowl of students from all over the world, and each student contibutes to the cultural diversity that the university offers.

I think our school is best known for its mixture of fun and education. UD is a highly regarded educational institution and is one of the best in the country but Blue Hens also know how to have a good time when we are not studying so UD really provides the best of everything for its students. Also, UDairy ice cream is to die for.

Our Engineering program is very impressive at this school, and almost every other person you will talk to your first year of campus will be either in the Engineering department or in the sciences. However, right now as Joe Biden is the Vice-President elect, and he is a UD alum, UD is receiving much attention for that.

University of Delaware is best known for being a very strong acadmic school, with a great social atmosphere. This campus has the best of both worlds: You will receive a phenomenal education from a good institution and you will also have the time of your life and meet life long friends.