University of Delaware

« See more reviews of University of Delaware

The worst thing about the University of Delaware is the size. There are so many people on campus that you never see the same face twice. It's difficult to get to know your teachers as the classes have up to 400 students in them. Sometimes it is difficult to focus during classes of this size because you have to sit so far away from the professor in the lecture hall.

The worst thing about my school is that the faculty stresses diversity to a fault. They tend to not see the more conservative view and tend to be more willing to cater to the desires of liberals, atheists, and homosexuals. They see this as diverse, yet they do not give christians the same freedoms to express themselves because that would be "narrowminded".

I think that the worst thing about my school from my overall experience is the lack of support with advisors. Each time I went to an advisor for help it seemed as if they circled around my question. I have heard this from other students as well. It made the process a little more difficult and I had to seek out the help of a professor instead of my advisor.

I personally feel that UD is not as diverse as i expected it to be. Before i came, UD made it seem like it had tons of different races and cultures, when really it's not like that all. Usually all the blacks hang out with the blacks, latinos with latinos, white with white, etc. I wasn't used to that because in High shool i had all types of friends.

The lack of diversity because it makes those in a minority feel isolated. The teaching skills of the the professors is bad in a lot of cases. There is a difference between knowing the material and having the ability to teach it. All of the professors are well educated and knowledgable but many cannot convey this knowledge through teaching.

Some of the programs here are very difficult to complete in four years if you do not stick to a strict class sequence. You need to be careful about when the courses you need to take are offered and if they require any prerequisites because if you miss this, you will ultimately need to go to school for an extra semester or two.

If you looking for a school that will have all their sports on ESPN this is not that place. I love attending the football games but the one thing i would like would be to have larger sports events. Besides football there is no other sport that people attend on a regular basis.

The worst part about the University of Delaware is definitely the cost of tuition. As an out-of-state student, tuition is ridiculously expensive. Be wary as an out-of-state student, you will probably have an exorbitant amount of debt when you graduate as I will.

The worst thing about UD is the eating situation especially if you do not eat beef or pork. Trabant (the student center) is expensive and does not have a decent variety, and the dining hall times are very inconvenient, dirty, and unappetizing.

The worst thing is the safety. Instead of safe rides picking you up so you get home safe, they call the police on you for "drinking." They need to respect people's choice for calling them for help and just drive them home so they are safe.