University of Delaware Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

At the University of Delaware we have an excellent Engineering program, so many people relate the entire body of students to that. Thus common stereotypes include geeks or people that study in the library all the time. However, Greek Life is a big part of the social life here at UD, so then there are the stereotypical Frat bros and Sorority chics. There is a large percentage of Asian and Asian-American students that attend the University of Delaware, to bring back the stereotype of a geeky school. Most of our sports teams are Division II, so we have many Jocks as well. Both of my parents went here and they still associate UD with parties. My Dad was a big party guy but my Mom never left the art studio! There are many stereotypes but UD is a moderately-large University so there is a place for everyone!

Hunter

Like to drink and party

Student gives some insight on the party stereotype at UD.

UD used to be refered to as the "abercrombie" campus - supposedly all the students were rich and white.

UD is labeled an apathetic campus.

UD is a big party school, pretty much everyone drinks, and the students who go there are middle-class white kids from New York and New Jersey.

Apathetic, spoiled, party animals

That all the students are either from New Jersey or Long Island. That the school is apathetic to current events and politics.

That UD students are apathetic, preppy and has a geographically diverse student body. UD has been thought of an unofficial Ivy Leaguer and one of the most scenic campuses on the East Coast.

Dawson

Smart, hardcore about football, mostly white, we dont play del state in football.

Susan

Delaware has been called a party school and it's known to have a lot of wealthy students from the Main Line--affluent suburbs of Philadelphia--and Long Island.

Big party school Apathetic study body

Lee

abercrombie and fitch kids. all from long island.

The classic sorority girl- big sunglasses, UGGS, leggings.

The student body is completely white and there is no diversity.

Steve

The student body is generally apathetic, UD girls are hot and townies suck - it's as simple as that.

john

They wear blue, drink a lot?

It's a party school. It's a quaint stereotypical college town

UD chicks are hot We have a good business program Girls are pretty easy We don't know how to party

Rich, New York and New Jersey girls, stuck up, snotty, beautiful

That it is a highly greek party school

That we're all rich and white, that we come from New York or Jersey only, that we're all here to major in business

doug

Theres been a lot of rumors going around about us being racist and not playin del state cause their essentially all african american.

jen

jappy, wealthy, partiers

Adrian

There are a lot of hot girls.

White, upper middle class, ambercrombie wearing kids who drink a lot.

Ummm let me think.. I would say a big stereotype is that its a big party school and all UD students do is get drunk.

The University of Delaware is not a very diverse campus. University officials are always trying to promote diversity, but in reality, UD does not rank high in diversity among other universities. UD students are stereotyped to be apathetic concering campus and nationwide issues.

the "JAP"-py girl is everywhere. i think like every school, some say UD is huge for its party scene and others think it's not enough.

There is about 60{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} girls at UD, and most of them are very attractive which makes the dating scene very competitive. UD is basically all white people. There are a lot of UGG boots, Northface jackets, leggings, big sunglasses, etc among the girls at UD.

UD is laid back, fun, and very well known for it's academics

Some stereotypes are that they are white, middle class, all american type kids

Torry

attractive

The university is not diverse.

That they party a lot.

Liz

That UD is a racist school, that all the girls go tanning, are blonde and wear uggs, that we are a party school,

Partiers, preppy, from Long Island/NJ/Delaware- different stereotypes based on where they are from

UD student's are all good looking, big drinkers, and kind of apathetic when it comes to caring about politics, etc.

White, wealthy, in states are not as smart or wealthy

There are stereotypes that everyone from out of state has a lot of money; and the students who pay in state tuition (those from Delaware) do not.

That UD is a big party school and that the students are more into the social aspect than the education.

That we party too much and don't do enough school work.

Pretty Girls, Like to Party

UD students are mostly out of state upper middle class kids. Most of the ones from out of state have parents paying their tuition and have money to spend. The ones from in-state are seen as weird and sometimes they are hicks.

Anyone that knows about it will say party school. Which is it, but so are most universities. College is what you make of it. 60{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} girls 40{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} guys. Girls are known to be very good looking, and this is true. Big out of state school

Most stereotypes come from the state of DE itself, and people not wanting to come to such a small state. That it is not a good school because of the state.

the girls are really pretty, rich people, everyone is from long island, people all dress the same

Connie

Sorority girls were Uggs, leggings and big sunglasses.

Good looking girls Not much diversity