University of Delaware

« See more reviews of University of Delaware

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

At the University of Delaware we have an excellent Engineering program, so many people relate the entire body of students to that. Thus common stereotypes include geeks or people that study in the library all the time. However, Greek Life is a big part of the social life here at UD, so then there are the stereotypical Frat bros and Sorority chics. There is a large percentage of Asian and Asian-American students that attend the University of Delaware, to bring back the stereotype of a geeky school. Most of our sports teams are Division II, so we have many Jocks as well. Both of my parents went here and they still associate UD with parties. My Dad was a big party guy but my Mom never left the art studio! There are many stereotypes but UD is a moderately-large University so there is a place for everyone!

The stereotype of UD students is that the majority of them are big partiers; but this is a stereotype of college students in general. Breaking it down a little further, there are many stereotypes--i.e. sorority girls w/ big glasses and ugg boots; frat guys; kids from jersey etc.

Anyone that knows about it will say party school. Which is it, but so are most universities. College is what you make of it. 60% girls 40% guys. Girls are known to be very good looking, and this is true. Big out of state school

That UD students are apathetic, preppy and has a geographically diverse student body. UD has been thought of an unofficial Ivy Leaguer and one of the most scenic campuses on the East Coast.

Delaware students are stereotyped as being apathetic to the world outside Newark. They like to drink and party Thursday through Sunday and often get into conflicts with townies.

Stereotypes about all the New Yorkers who go to UD, Guido kind of guys, stereotypes about sororities/fraternities...and that UD has hot girls

The students are apathetic when it comes to politics. UD is very focused on the football team and not many of the other sports.

Ummm let me think.. I would say a big stereotype is that its a big party school and all UD students do is get drunk.

Partiers, preppy, from Long Island/NJ/Delaware- different stereotypes based on where they are from

Intelligent wealthy kids from New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and the surrounding area.