University of Delaware

« See more reviews of University of Delaware

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

The stereotype of students at the University of Delaware is friendly, outgoing people. When it comes to athletics, there are definitely jocks and such, but the overall outlook of the school population is friendly. Greek life isn't too big here, so the vast majority of students are looking to meet new friends that aren't associated with sports or Greek life. Because of this, students are willing to go out of their way to be friendly and meet new friends in their dorms, classes, dining halls, etc.

A common stereotype about Delaware is that we are a huge drinking/party school. This stereotype is definitely true for some people and not true for others. There are a wide variety of students here, those who like to party all the time, and those who do not. There are tons of opportunities here to get involved in anything you want, be it clubs, sports, or greek life. Ultimately, your college experience is what you make of it.

The typical stereo type for the University of Delaware is that the students have a tendency to have big and wild parties. In my personal experience, i would agree with this statement. Most of the students on the weekend do go out to parties; however, the school does provide activities to those who don't go out. The school does offer a number of weekend movies to choose from.

The University of Delaware is known as a big party school. The stereotype is that we're full of jocks and preppy, "normal" people. This is accurate. Most students come from a middle or upper middle class background and represent the average college kid. There aren't too many hippies or uber intellectuals, but they can certainly be found too!

One stereotype about Udel is students like to party but when talking about the average student their personality can really range from anything to jocks and geeks. But the truth is you don't have to party and you want be the odd person out, their is a wide range of activities for you to do and its really what ever you make of it.

Football is pretty big here and a lot of people go to the games. The students may be stereotyped as kind of "douchey" and snobby, if you've read GQ magazine's article "10 Douchiest Colleges in America." As far as I'm concerned, I haven't met many people that fit that stereotype. Most of the people here are very nice and friendly.

The guys are "bros" and it is mostly true. There's a lot of sperrys and polos at night, but most people just wear sweats to class. But theres enough kids at the school that you'll find all types of people. The girls are mostly athletic and/or preppy. They're definitely going to look good at night and some during class, too.

One stereotype about Delaware is that our school likes to party. But the truth is it's not unusual to stay in on a weekend night! There are always a lot of kids that go out and party a lot in any school. Delaware kids definitely know how to study too, academics are a very important part of your college life at Delaware!

There is a wide variety of stereotypes at Delaware. There are the Frat kids, the Geeks, and the townies. Yes this stereotype is accurate especially the one about the townies because they are the biggest stereotype on campus.

The stereotype of students at University of Delaware is party kids at the frats every weekend. For the most part, a majority of people go out on the weekends, and like to party, but the stereotype is untrue.