University of Delaware

« See more reviews of University of Delaware

UD was the perfect size for me, someone who wanted a large student body to meet new people but not so large walking campus would be a chore or the area would be too urban. Like most colleges, parking was always a confusing mess. There is a lot of school pride because, as I saw it, few Blue Hens didn't enjoy their school, the campus or in general their major-related classes. There were also complaints of long walks between North Campus and the classroom buildings. I spent most of my time at UD at the student centers -- near the food! -- or in my dorm; I wasn't a fan of studying at the library or other designated study areas. One sucky thing was how more and more bars were disappearing, which probably has prompted more house parties. Everyone who goes to UD who can afford to should do a study abroad program; I did two, loved them and talk about them constantly.

University of Delaware is very diverse! There are copious engineers, those who participate in our Nationally acclaimed study abroad program, brothers and sisters involved in Greek life, athletes completing in Division II sports, and much more. UD offers a place for everyone and anyone to fit in. The students and faculty are accepting and you are able to make a new friend wherever you go. Coming from long ancestry of Blue Hens, I take much pride in this University. No matter if it is a rainy or sunny day, you will see students walking around campus flaunting UD gear! The food is delicious and you have many options to choose. Being lactose and tolerant, having a gluten allergy, and not being keen on eating meat, one may say I would have a difficult time finding a meal I like. However, UD provides a variety of choices for all life-styles!

My favorite thing about this school is how close my floor is. I love how everybody bonded and I can just walk to the room next to me and hang out. I would change how the busses run here. I feel like there is never a bus when I need it, but if you plan it out, you won't have a problem. I also wish that the campus was more accessible for kids without cars on the weekend because the Newark train station is closed Saturday and Sunday. My friends and I play basketball, soccer, and work out all the time because there are gyms and courts really close to the dorms. We've recently started going to Perkins (student center) to play pool or ping pong, too. It's definitely a college town. The people you see walking around are students or faculty and I see familiar faces around all the time.

I totally love this school, i originally had Delaware as my second choice but could not imagine going any where else now. I love the overall atmosphere of the school, its not to big, can walk to both ends of the campus in less than an hour but still has that feeling that your not always seeing the same 5 kids. The size is just right, and whenever you tell people you go to University of Delaware their is a positive connotation, where people tell you they knew someone who went their aswell and loved it. I spend most of my time on campus in my dorm, library, classrooms or walking on main street, never boring. Their is literally always something going on no matter the day and time. The overall atmosphere of the campus is loving and you will bound to make friends no matter who you are.

The best thing is the atmosphere. It's so friendly here it's unbelievable. You'll always run into a friend or professor you know walking to class. The campus is beautiful and just such a warm, inviting place to be. It's a fun place to be; we have over 250 student- run extracurricular clubs and you can always form your own. We have Main Street right next to campus (although not owned by the University) filled with restaurants, stores, theaters, coffee shops, pizza shops, book stores.. everything! It's so convenient and is a TRUE "college town." There is a lot of school spirit here.. our mascot UD the Fighting Blen Hen is always around campus and at all the games, getting all of the students excited. It's just an amazing place to be.

I absolutely love everything about Delaware. This school was my top choice since I was a freshman in high school. The moment I stepped onto campus I felt at home. There are such a broad range of people at Delaware you'll always find someone to be friends with. Delaware is a big enough school where you definitely won't know everyone on campus. Recently, I joined greek life and love it! It definitely helps make the campus smaller. Now I can't help but run into people that I know! Personally, I love the size of Delaware's campus. I have friends on all sides of campus so the size is definitely not a problem. I wouldn't say that UD is too large. I don't know one person that doesn't love UD. We are all so proud to be Blue Hens!

The best thing about UD?! Everything! I absolutely loved everything about University of Delaware. I love that its a big school but it has that small school feeling, i love the people, the classes, the school spirit, the campus...everything! I get very positive reactions when I tell people I graduated from UD. Everyone seems to have a fun story related to the school. I have so many memories from UD. My favorite part - the people. I have met people that i will never forget. My best friends are the ones I have met at UD. Somethink i will always remember - the crazy religous guy who preached to the students outside of kirkbride and smith every tuesday and thursday afternoon.

Overall, I absolutely loved UD. I miss it so much-my friends, the college lifestyle, some professors, my apartment, my roommate, sorority involvement, and I miss everything about Main Street. UD is a great school-it's a beautiful campus, has a good reputation, plenty of resources for students, and plenty of fun to be had. I loved the size of the school-always new people to meet but you always had smaller groups of friends amongst 17,000+ students. When I look back on my college experience as a whole (which is really sad that I can do that now), I can't identify anything missing from UD. I honestly feel that I couldn't have made a better choice and I really miss being there!

best thing about UD is its closeness to big cities and it's reputation. I would want the school to have more advisers for students who want to do something after college. Good college town, although the town could be more supportive of the school. Lots of school pride. Admin is okay here, but not too great. I spend most of my time at my off campus house, which is big here by the way. Lots of off campus aprtmnts, and houses. Most of them have parties but so does greek life so you can do whatever you choose. One memory is freshman year itself and meeting so many people and just being a naive "freshman". Most complaints here are about cops, but they have gotten better.

I think this school is great for kids who want a traditional college experience. We've got it all-- the crappy freshman dorms, the sleazy frat parties, the terrible dining hall food, amazing memories to be made with new friends in a very wide variety of clubs, teams, and fraternities/sororities, and the classic state school football games. If I could change anything, it would be to give UD students more intellectual curiosity and school spirit. Although in all other respects, UD is the classic state school, students would rather drink than attend football games.