University of Delaware

« See more reviews of University of Delaware

Best thing about UD is that it is a small school atmosphere at a large school. I think that the size of the school is perfect, you don't get lost in the numbers but you don't see the same people all day everyday. When I tell people I went to UD, everyone seems to have a great opinion of the school, but you do get the occasional "Why would you go to college in DELAWARE?" comment. I think that overall it is a pretty good college town, could use a few more places for going out (bars, restaurants, etc). But Main Street is great. I think that UD's administration is getting much better with our new President. I think that UD students have a large amount of pride in our school, especially when the different sporting teams are doing well. Being a part of my sorority, Chi Omega, is the experience that I will remember the most about college because it got me involved in so many different aspects of the university and allowed me to meet so many people that I never would have had the opportunity to meet.

People are always impressed when you say you go to UD. Its known as a very good school by most professional communities. The school is just the right size. Campus is not too big at all, and the number of people is not bad at all. Personally, I chose delaware over penn state because of its size. Newark, DE is a college town. The surrounding areas are a little bit shady in some spots. But even those aren't bad. There is only one real "main street." The bars around are just average, and personally I'm not a big fan. But there are always things going on like house parties and stuff like that. The most persistant complaint is the three strike policy. This is a policy that says if you get in trouble with the university (or with the Newark police) for three instances than you get put on differed suspension, which means you get kicked out. This policy sucks, because the cops around the area suck.

I think UD is a perfect size school. Theres still tons of people to meet yet I always feel like I have a core group of friends. Its big enough that there are plenty of opportunities yet I still feel very involved on campus and there are a lot of opportunities to be a leader. I think that people respect the University of Delaware locally! Many of my friends were rejected from UD but got into other good schools like the University of Maryland. However, I've noticed that when travelling around the nation for soccer tournemnts, we are not very well known. Delaware is a small state without any huge sity or major attraction so I think people assume UD is not a great school. I spend most of my time either in class or in my house off South Chapel. I am often running around main street to do errands or visiting my friends and boyfriend in their off campus houses or apartments.

The best thing about UD is that it feels like home. You immediately feel warm and welcome and like it's where you are supposed to be, and there's something for everyone. If I could change something, it would be how expensive it is. UD is just right. People are generally pleased when I say I go to UD and tell me it's a good school. Most of my time on campus is in class, or in my apartment with my roommates. It definitely has a college town. UD's administration is pretty good, and if you have a problem with someone, you can easily find someone else. The most recent controversy was the noose found in front of a building, or the ResLife situation. UD is HUGE on school pride. Nothing really unusual about UD. I'll always remember freshman year and meeting everyone. Most frequent complaint is the way to sign up for classes and there not being enough sections.

best thing about UD is chi omega. one thing i'd change is the strike policy. i think it makes people scared to do the right thing (like call an ambulance when someone is seriously in bad shape), i think the size is just right. people say "oh that's a party school" when i tell them I go to UD. i spend most of my time on choate street and and klondike kate's, COLLEGE TOWN, i think the administration is just great, biggest recent controversy- not too sure, NOT ENOUGH SCHOOL PRIDE. football games are semi- lame compared to other schools. unusual- that depends on your personal opinion. i think it is pretty standard "college", one experience i'll always remember is pledging a sorority, most frequent student complaints: mine are the advisement within colleges and the "strike" policy. doesn't make people want to do the right thing.

The best thing about UD is all the different people you get to meet. One thing i'd change is the size of the gyms provided by the university. UD is just the right size. I haven't really ever noticed a certain reaction of people when I tell them I go to UD. I spend most of my time in my apartment or at the gym. Newark is a college town. I don't have an opinion of UD's administration, I've never met any of the people that work there. There was a rapist on the campus who was breaking into girls' houses and waiting for them to come home, but he got caught last fall. There is a great deal of school pride here. I wouldn't say there is anything unusual about UD. One experience I'll always remember is joining my Fraternity. All the students that i've been in contact with say we need better Dining Halls.

The best thing about UD is that it's a big school but it has a hometown feel.Being located on Main Street helps me feel connected to the real world. It is a little big, but I think it fits right in with the perfect college experience. People always compliment me on how smart I must be when i tell them I go here. Most of my time on camous is spent either in class, the library, or the CSB. I don't think that there is enough school pride- the school could do more to help boost it. I will always remember my freshman year living in Rodney- it was the best year by far- and I will never forget the friends and memories I made that year. The most frequent student complaints are that class sizes are too big and that teachers don't really make an effort to get to know their students

I love the campus. I would the number of foreign, hard-to-understand TAs. The size is just right. Everyone says wow that's a good school or name someone they know who went there. I spend most of my time in class while on campus. We have a cute Main Street that is definitely college friendly. Most of the administration is really nice and is dedicated to helping the students succeed. The biggest recent controversy is about public safety carrying guns. Yes there is a lot of school pride, especially at homecoming. UD is just beautiful and a good school and a lot of fun. Everyone is so nice, in general. I will always remember the vigil on the Green after the Virginia Tech massacre. The students really came together and comforted each other. Students complain being too busy.

UD is a great place, I couldn't imagine a better college. The best thing about it is that it's both a large and small school. It's not too large that you get lost in the numbers but big enough that you don't feel suffocated. Also, Newark is a fun college town filled with bars and restaurants. The biggest problem with UD would definitely be the relationship between the students and the "townies." Newark has gotten much more dangerous in the past five years with crime increasing. It's not a bad place to live, students just have to be more cautious at night. The campus is beautiful and I'm sure living in dorms has gotten significantly better since the new complexes were built but I couldn't wait to move off campus. There are plenty of off-campus options.

size- just right UD- why the heck would you go to delaware? on campus- in the SGA office love main st/ campus- it FEELS like a college here, and i LOVE that UD's admin- from the SGA standpoint, AMAZING. really passionate about helping students. they're awesome...students don't know how much influence they have recent controversy- noose on campus, officers having guns (which i think is a great idea) school pride- some, but could use more- like the idea of the cockpit, but oculd go further with this unusual- not particularly... could use somethign to make us stand out/ get our name out there with the more prestigious universities always remember- meeting the people on my floor student complaints- RAs not doing their job (enforcing rules)