University of Delaware

« See more reviews of University of Delaware

UD is a great mid-sized school that offers something for everyone. With nearly 16,000 undergrads, it's not a small school, but it's also not overwhelmingly large like Penn State. UD has a beautiful campus that features a vibrant main street running directly through it. In my opinion, Newark, Del., is your textbook definition of a college town. Football games are the best example of students showing off their school pride. Everybody always wears their blue and gold. Racial tensions always seem to be a big issue, mainly because of the state's history as well as the university's relatively small black population.

It is both a small and large campus, you have the change to know a lot of people but at the same time meet new people every day. There needs to be more parking on campus. Just right. Usually people say, "That is a really good school," or ask if I drink myself to sleep every night. Usually in the classroom or on Main Street. College town. I can't really complain about the administration but I can see where they could do better. The Residence Life program. Yes. Not really. The people I have met. The school is not diverse enough and there needs to be a little more parking.

The best thing about UD is there are always new people to meet. I would change the singing in Trabant every Wednesday afternoon. I love how big it is. People always just ask how I like it. I spend most of my time in my apartment or in class. Main street is great but I wish there was more around here to shop. I don't really know anything about the administration. The last one I can think of was with the Cinco de Mayo party last year. I feel like our school pride could be improved. Nothing unusual. All of my experiences in Chi Omega. I don't hear that many complaints.

I think UD is definitely the right size school for me. Its not too big, but not too small at the same time. I think there is a good amount of diversity on campus which is nice considering I came from a very homogeneous high school. I think the town of Newark is cute and nice, however I think it could use some improvements. It gets boring after a while, I'd like to see some more different establishments that cater to students. Parking is terrible at UD. Many lots are inconveniently located and parking is extremely expensive and difficult to find at certain times.

i hate our gym... for school of over 15,000 undergrads its pretty lame. the treadmills are always broken, there's usually a line to even get in the door because they're over max capacity for the small two rooms its in... i pay enough money to this school that i shouldn't have to wait twenty minutes to get on a treadmill or fifteen minutes to even get in the gym. alot of people buy memberships to local gyms in the area but its annoying because most of them are not walking distance from campus and that's not something you should have to pay extra for.

Whenever I tell people that I go to UD they ALWAYS say that they have heard amazing things about the school and that everyone they knew that went there LOVED it. At UD, and Newark, DE in general they are really bad at plowing the streets when it snows! Most frequent student complaints include the library not being open late enough. Our campus is the PERFECT SIZE, it has a large enough campus that you can meet new people everytime you go out, but small enough that you don't feel like it is so overwhelming and you can't walk everywhere.

There is a great deal of school pride. UD football is huge and the tailgates are INSANE! UD has great bars compared to other schools I've visited, and overall the party scene is considered to be one of the best around. Main Street has a great variety of food--great restaurants and take-out places. It rivals any campus' I've seen. It is very very difficult to get into bars unless you are 21. Newark is veryyy strict about fake IDs. Because of this, most underage kids go to house parties and most 21+ go to the bars.

I love the campus here I think the school size is perfect. Freshmen year the school felt huge, but by senior year you get to know a lot of people and the school feels a lot smaller. I spend most of my in memorial hall because that is where my classes are. It is definitely a college town. There is a lot of school pride, I love walking around campus and seeing people in UD t-shirts and sweatshirts, also going to school sporting events is a lot of fun. My favorite experience at UD was study abroad to Australia/New Zealand.

Best part of UD is the people and the education. Pretty strong. I'd change hours of pretty much everything at the university. Gym hours, dining hours, library hours. UD is pretty backwards at that. Just right. "You go to UD? Good school." In a classroom or at the gym. College town...Newark is awesome. They do a lot right but need more student input. FIRE. A lot of bullshit on FIRE's part. They slammed Harker when he deserved none of it. Yes. No. The partying. Food stinks, too much work.

I think UD is the perfect size for me. Not too many students that you dont feel like you know anyone, or too little people that you see the same people all the time. I have a lot of people from my high school that go here, and I never really see them unless i choose to. I spend most time at my apartment, and before i lived in one, i spent most in my dorm, well and of course in class. UD's administration has been very good so far, I have not had a teacher I hated or that I felt was not educated enough to teach.