University of Delaware

« See more reviews of University of Delaware

The University of Delaware is for a person who is sincerely dedicated to his or her studies and has high aspirations to succeed in his or her desired field of study. This school is strongly devoted to research; therefore, those who wish to excel in life through research base institutions would definitely enjoy this university. In addition, UD encourages students to become involved in the campus community through various organizations, ranging from community service, politics, to greek life. Also, people who are just friendly people and enjoy communicating with others would find this school suitable.

Our university welcomes the daring. Ever dreamt of white-water rafting? How about becoming a radio talk host? It also celebrates the familiar. Love student government? Play sports? Like music? They thrive. Our university awaits the intellectual. Be prepared to have ideas challenged. Class discussions are mind-turning and riveting. Finally, it offers an escape from a buzzing city or a chance to be part of a community. Have a taste for a rural, laidback feel with enough of an urban mix? You?ll love it. You could call this large town. You can call it a small city.

University of Delaware is pretty big so it can accomodate many different personalities. I feel that almost anyone can find a niche to suit them at this school. But a person who would enjoy this school the most would be someone who likes a small town atmosphere. Main Street runs through campus with many cute shops and resturaunts. Anywhere you go you will see college students. It is not for someone who prefers more of a city atmosphere and wants to meet more than just fellow students. If you are interested in greek life it is a good choice.

The University of Delaware is such an interesting school, that it's dfficult to limit the student demographic to solely one description. Most students come from same/silimar upbringing and even the same towns, so there is monotany. But anyone who's willing to work hard, is willing to learn about different cultures and ideas, and is ready to be challenged socially, emotionally, and all other aspects to the fullest, can and should attend this school. Some great leaders graduated from UD...most of us feel obligated to continue that rich legacy.

A person who is driven and independent should attend this school. The University of Delaware is a large school where one really has to work hard to stand out in his classes. If he does not understand the material, he himself has to work up the nerve to go talk with the professor and learn the material because the classes are so large that the professors do not go out of their way to make sure that each individual understands the material, they just go by the overall test scores. In order to do well here you must work hard.

One that has a strong academic or athletic background who is able to cope with balancing time between schoolwork and extracurricular activities. Some classes are easier than others, allowing some students to put minimal effort in at the beginning. When major courses arise, those students who took it easy in the beginning, struggle to get used to it, and sometimes turn to other majors as a result due to the wide variety offered here. It would be better to have an idea of where you want to go, rather than come in undecided.

The type of person who shoudl attend the University of Delaware is an outgoing, intelligent and spirited person. You should be willing to do community service or join the campus fund raisers. You should be open to being friends with everyone and not being part of a click. You should like the outdoors and appreciate all that our campus has to offer. You should be healthy and active and want to join either groups in the arts or the many clubs including sports clubs and intramural sports. You should want to have a fun!

I feel like many different types of people would be fine attending this school. However, I do feel that most people tend to be rather similar. The majority of the students are either from Delaware, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, or Maryland. Most are from middle class to upper middle class families. The social scene on campus is mostly a bunch of parties or when you turn 21 it's going to the bars. If you aren't into partying Delaware probably isn't going to be a very social campus for you.

The University of Delaware is an extremely diverse college. There is a large variety of cultures and beliefs represented at this school. No matter what one's background may be, they will be able for find others with a common interst and manage to fit in smoothly. However, this school is academically challenging. It is meant for any person who is willing to put in the time and effort to reach the work expectations. If one can do that, then they will succeed at the University of Delaware.

A person who has many interests, wants to get a well-rounded and rich education, meet students from all different states, be able to reinvent themselves whenever they want and who wants to gain a unique and valuable learning experience that will benefit them in the job market but who still wants to have a large social life with different groups of friends. This person would need to be a little more independent, because the school requires you to take the initiative with your education.