University of Delaware

« See more reviews of University of Delaware

I honestly do not believe that there is a type of person who should not attend the University of Delaware. Being a university of both open arms and mind, U of D can make absoultely any person feel like they have arrived at their home away from home. In essence, certainly one who let his or her grades fall while in high school would have a difficult time in being accepted into the university, however if the individual is accepted, they will have an amazing opportunity to them to transform themselves into what they always dreamed of being.

A student who does not like crowds, large class sizes, and challenging workloads should not attend this school. This is a large school - there are over 15,000 undergraduates alone on a moderate-sized campus. Class sizes range from just a few people to more than 300 students, and it is difficult to succeed in larger classes without a personal connection with professors. Students who do not want to be challenged in their coursework should also cross this school off their list - this is a tough school to keep a good GPA in!

Someone who isn't going to really take advantage of all that the University of Delaware has to offer. The University always has some event to attend and it's a great way to meet people. Some of my greatest friendships were made from meeting people at events that I decided to attend on a whim. Someone who is going to stay cooped up in their dorm room or doesn't like interacting with other people, probably will not benefit from the education and positive environment that the University of Delaware has to offer.

This is a very difficult question because i belive anyone can find the right social group at this school. This includes the party animals, the antisocial "nerds", the gays, and diverse ethnicities. I would say a person who wouldnt be able to attend this school would be someone who grewp in a big city. Our school is in a small town and the big cities are about an hour away. Students who grew up in a big city would probably be dissapointed with he school, since we only have small local bars.

You shouldn't go to U. of Delaware if you don't know what major you want and aren't willing to compete for a spot in the department. Students seem to know what they want to do from the very beginning so I can see that a undeclared freshman can be confused. Also, if you are coming from out of state you should know that most people are going to college with people that they went to high school with and may have a difficult time making new friends, particularly at the beginning of the year.

You shouldn't attend U of D if you can't manage your time and you put more priority on your social life and activities than you do your academics, because you will get overwhelmed very quickly. But, if you are goal oriented, have a plan in mind, and are focussed on your education and carefully select your extra curricular activities and limit the number of hours you work at a part time job, you'll do well. Study hard, have some fun, get involved, and balance it all.

People who prefer higher levels of diversity (both economic and ethnic) might find it difficult to adjust on a campus that has a lot of upper-middle class white kids, but I would still say come anyway, your presence is badly needed and things will only get better. Plus, there really is something for everyone here, regardless of your background you can find a support system to suit your needs, and besides people here are pretty open and accepting.

I believe that anyone can do what they set their minds to, which is why i could not define what kind of person should not attend the University of Delaware. It all comes down to determination and personal desire for success. This school has various aspects of the college that cater to any of the desires of which any one may have. In the end, I personally believe that the University of Delaware can be an adequate fit for anyone.

This is truly a wonderful and fantastic school. The teachers are great here and the students are very friendly. With that being said, if you dont put in the time for schoolwork you will not do well. This is not a school for someone looking to party all the time; it is a tough school. If you are not the kind of person that puts your schoolwork as the number one priority in your life then this is not the school for you

Someone who doesn't enjoy walking long distances. Someone who doesn't want to meet a diverse group of people. Someone who doesn't want to make lifelong friends. Someone who isn't very school spirited. Someone who doesn't want to be offered numerous clubs and activities to get involved with. Someone who doesn't want to receive an outstanding education. Someone who doesn't want have an enjoyable college experience.