University of Delaware

« See more reviews of University of Delaware

The most frustrating thing about my school is my financial situation. I currently don't have enough money to keep attending this school. My family has tried getting private loans but we have been denied by every company we tried. When talking to financial aid they kept referring me to other people and I ultimately ended up where I started. So in order to afford school I have to look for scholarships.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the way it is set up. It is very hard for people to get around and even just figure things out. It snowed on campus recently, and it was horrible to walk around because nothing was plowed. The was the dining halls are set up are pretty bad as well. You can wait in line for twenty minutes, and you don't even know what you are waiting for.

The most frustrating thing here for me has been finding friends who don't like to drink at all. Since its a decent sized university I understand the party aspect but I didn't think there would be this many people who do. But eventually you'll find people you just might have to do some searching.

This most frustrating thing is the parking. There is not a lot of parking available and it costs money. It is hard to keep a car there for a few hours without having to pay a few dollars. Also if you get an overnight parking pass, the parking lot allotted is far away from most places.

The most frustrating thing about University of Delaware is registering for classes. Sometimes there aren't enough seats in a class for the people who need to take it. (i.e. the class is required for a major, but there aren't enough seats for everyone in the major to enroll)

The emphasis students place on parties and alcohol. I am not part of that scene and don't fully understand why that lifestyle is so reveered here. I'm here for an education- nothing else- and I wish more students here enrolled in this school for the same reasons I did.

The most frustrating thing about the University of Delaware also has to do with the size of it. The campus is huge and sprawling. Some classes you have to walk up to 20 minutes to get to. This causes you to have to leave incredibly early for your classes which is no fun.

The most frustrating thing about the University of Delaware is the immaturity of the students. I see a lot of people who do not take school seriously and who I know will regret that when they either cannot finish school or choose a major without giving it much thought.

I am frustrated by having to look in multiple places for an answer. For example, when I have a specific question I sometimes have to talk to multiple professors or spend a great deal of time on the school websites to get a clear answer.

First year students are randomly put into a dorm. You could get a really good dorm with air-conditioning, or a lousy one without air-conditioning, and they both would cost the same price.