University of Delaware

« See more reviews of University of Delaware

The University of Delaware is a cohort of interconnected groups and circles. The possibility to get involved and meet new people is incredible high, and through joining one extracurricular activity or group, one is immediately introduced to several other opportunities that may spark her interest. Maybe even more importantly, groups that are not exactly "alike" are also intertwined, allowing one to learn more about herself through new ideas and hobbies. This university has allowed and helped me to step outside my comfort zone through the extracurricular availabilities, thus teaching me about my dreams and goals.

The University of Delaware is an excellent school for anyone with interest in the sciences, mathematics or engineering. The quality of the teaching in these departments is extremely good and research oppurtunities are available for virtually all students. The teachers, many of which are well-known in thier respective fields, are very friendly and willing to help students with anything. Although each student has an assigned advisor within thier department, I have never spoken with a teacher who wasn't willing to answer my questions. This is especially helpful due to the difficulty of some of the classes.

The university has a great faculty. There are always going to be teachers that you do not like, or those that just don't click. So far, I have not come across any teacher (including graduate students) that does not have something significant to offer. Most teachers at this school are very involved and invested in their students' success. They are extremely accessible and approachable; thye frequently offer extra office hours for outside help and are always willing to provide extra advice through email, class or otherwise arranged meetings. Most are highly knowledgeable experts in their fields.

There are some really great things the University of Delaware has to offer. Firstly, the professors are wonderful, really accessible, and many are very renowned in their field. Second, the campus is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It offers a stunning green with georgian style architecture- a "true" college campus.I think it was be extremely hard to find some one that would disagree with this. The college is also surrounded by the town of Newark, which offers a great main street with tons of restaurants and shops. Lastly, there is plenty of school spirit to go around! Lets go Blue hens!

My favorite aspect of the University of Delaware is the vast beauty and splendor of the campus, its buildings and how intergrated the professors are with their students. For Delaware or out of state residents, U of D offers not only professors who relate to, work with, and incorporate their time to help their students excel, but also a community of student run organizations that allow each student the ability to fill their years of college with the the gratifiation of learning their life passions and indulgement of activites in which they will never become bored.

The best thing about the institution is how it, and everyone there allows you to be whoever you'd like to be academically. They have fantastic resources and faculty for the highly motivated students who ios interested in research, graduate school or extra work outside of their normal class hours. They also allow the less scholastically indicated to find themselves in other ways without creating a feeling of academic competition at every turn. There are actually very few schools in the country that can offer both of these worlds at one institution.

The best thing about my school is that there are so many ways to get involved. I just joined a sorority and it has completely changed my college experience. There are always things to do whether its doing communitteeservice, supporting another club or greek organization, or usingcompetitive spirit to win a dance competition or whatever it may be. Accademically, I have learned so much from my Communications teachers. They have definitely prepared me for the future in obtaining a career. I love my major and could not imagine doing anything else!

The University of Delaware offers a wide variety of majors and academic programs. Most to all students find a major they are interested in and enjoy their major choice. The Universities size is very convienient as it is not small but not too large that you feel forgotten. Some classrooms are rather large, but they are made up for by the professors who really seem to take students seriously. Professors are very accessible and generally seem concerned with the well being of their students. Delaware is a great school with a good reputation.

There are many things about UD that would make me reconsider attending, if I could go back in time. And there ae good things. Besides how stunning the campus is during spring, or the historic foundation it's built on, I like UD for the same reason I decided to enroll-the school spirit. This goes beyond sports; everyone here, professors to staff to students LOVE this school and are so happy to be here. I often wonder why I haven't felt this way (yet) but it says a lot when everyone loves something for so many different reasons.

I've spent a few minutes trying to decide what the best aspect of my school is, and I cannot come to any decisive conclusion. I'm in love with the University of Delaware, and in my mind, every part of my experience here has been not only positive, but amazing. From the moment I slammed to car door shut on move in day of freshman year, my entire life changed, and the University of Delaware is fully responsible. I've learned more, made life-long friends, and truly grown as a person while attending this school.