University of Delaware

« See more reviews of University of Delaware

I would say that it's pretty easy to fit in socially here. I think that many people who go here are looking to meet new people and have a good time, which is nice. The size of the school also makes it easier to build a varied and larger support system. Most of the professors are also open to talk to students and are concerned for their well-being. Particularly in the higher level classes, professors are able to get to know students and have a more open line of communication.

The University of Delaware is a large campus with vast oppurtunities to offer. It is not a necessity for students to come in with a decided major and the variety of majors offerred gives students many options to choose from and allows them to make a major switch rather easily. The chas ampus is also very aesthetically pleasing and allows students to be involved with all sorts of activities. Students find themselves to be rarely bored while on campus.

University of Delaware was a large, extremely diverse school. There was something there for people of every background, with every interest. The vast number of clubs and organizations allowed for individuals of diverse cultures, backgrounds and upbringings to come together and share common interests and goals. I've met the most interesting people while networking through UD - many of whom are some of my closest friends 8 years later.

The large size creates a network for students with available resources outside the school for careers and internships but also inside the school with highly qualified professors. However, although the size is large, there is still a feeling of belonging among students; everyone finds their niche. You will never feel lost at the University of Delaware; the friendliness and helpfulness of students and professors is abundant.

I consider the access to resources is the best thing at my school. When i say resources i mean all the career fairs, career placement, networking oppourtunities, computing and media labs, professional talks. There are many ways to get jobs after graduation. The career services center is a great resource. They will help you with your resume, give lists of employers specific to your major, schedule interviews, and more.

UD has a strong sense of community that goes far beyond typical cliques and greek life; while those things may factor in to the things you do it is really easy to build an identity that is separate from the activities you participate in and more focused on the kind of person you are. Despite the small town setting there is always something going on around campus... especially if you like to drink. Go Hens!

The best thing about my school would have to be the freindly and inviting atmosphere around. All the students and faculties are nice, easy to talk to, and ontop of that the university in my mind always seems to be beaming with sunshine and cheerfulness. I really love my school, I am happy iu choose to attend the University of Delaware, because now I can not see myself anywhere else but there.

I'd say something that makes UD unique is the sense of community, and the surrounding town. A lot of colleges have college towns, and i've seen a lot of them. UD has the best college town, due to Main Street. Main Street has absolutely everything anyone could ask for. Everything on campus, no matter where you are, is only a 20 minute walk, at most. UD is very convenient for transportation.

The best thing about the University of Delaware is that it is very diverse and that there is always something happening around campus to get everyone involved and make new people. I like this the best becuase I know that getting involved on campus can help me out in the real world and by meeting people from different places and from different backgrounds this could help me with my career.

The University of Delaware is a great instituion as it provides a high level of excellence and academic learning. In addition, University Delaware students are well respected and have an advantage when applying for jobs and interviews becasue the University of Delaware is a prestigious and recognizable name. All in all, the University of Delaware is a great place to learn, live, and grow.