University of Denver Top Questions

Tell us about the food and dining options.

Mackenzie

On campus, the food is okay. Just okay. I have toured and been to other schools where the food is worse, and I think it could be a lot better. But for mass produced food that is different every day, it's pretty good. There are healthy options, unhealthy options, and always a salad bar, hamburgers and pizza if all else fails. The portions are actually a really good size usually, and only about once a week do I have something I really can't stand. With that said, the Sidelines Pub is actually really good, if a bit pricey. There are also a TON of dining options right around campus where you can use DU Flexcash, and are pretty reasonably-priced. If my friends and I get tired of Sodexo on campus, we can go to Jerusalem (middle eastern food), Spanky's (American Barbecue), Noodles, Illegal Pete's, Chipotle, Wendy's, Jimmy John's (open at all hours of the night), Mustard's Last Stand (hotdogs! and the best vegetarian menu in the area, ironically), Zinger's (good food cafe), Greeks Gone Wild (Greek food and burgers), ZsaZsa's pizza, Philly subs, Nova yogurt, and many more. For fancier dining when grandparents come to visit, the Cherry Creek Shopping District is just a few minutes away with lots of fine dining options. I wouldn't take your family to the dining hall.

Marisa

Nelson hall and Halls are the main dining halls. They are average. Some days they are really good and some days they are really bad. There is always something to eat--even if it's just a pbj. Nagel hall has limited choices but is actually very good. There is a rotisserie chicken station, a mexican station, pizza station, and Starbucks. They all cost money or meal plan cash, but each station offers one meal-swipe option. Meaning that it does not cost additional money, just a pre-paid meal-swipe. The best kept secret on DU's campus is the Law School Panini Restaurant. It is sooooo good! It's kind of pricey, but the sandwiches are deliccious and by far the best on campus meal choice.