University of Denver Top Questions

The interactive learning software is not intuitive, it's very frustrating to use and to find the information I need. Seems like I waste a lot of time trying to find information.

Quinn

The cost. It is the way they nickel and dime you for everything. When money is disbursed from financial aid, it is realistic to receive thousands of dollars less than you asked for

Tonja

I have not experienced anything frustrating, except for group work; occasionally I have been stood up by another classmate when working on a project together, and have had to complete the entire project and present to the class on my own with very little time to prepare (but that was a great learning experience for me as well!)

Autumn

DU is on the quarter system. We have three 10-week quarters rather than two 16-week semesters. Because of this, the pace is very, VERY fast, and a lot of outside studying is required to keep up. However, you get to take more classes total this way, so it's not necessarily always a bad thing, just be prepared to work extremely hard and keep up with very fast-paced, intense classes.

DU is very expensive. It is an amazing experience and the professors are great, but it isn't cheap!

Katy

They say they are very big on diversity, but there is not really a diverses group of people here. A lot of it has to do with the price of the school. Also as a theatre major it is rustrating that the Uni does not care at all about the arts and they support the sports drastically more than the arts here.

The most frustrating thing about the University of Denver is some of the ways that they spend their money. I like that they put all of our tuition towards our school, but I do not agree with some of the renovations that they make. I would prefer that students have a little more say in how the money is spent to fix up campus.

There is hardly anything at DU that is frustrating, literally the most frustrating thing I have encountered here is managing all of my various extracurriculars as well as events and school, becasue there is so many fun, inspiring and intriuging things to do on campus, that it hard to everything that I want to do.

With all the perks attending the University of Denver offers, the most frustrating thing about it is that diversity is limited. While there is always a constant stream of new people to meet, most seem very similar. Once you get to know everyone, differences emerge. There is a place for everyone at this school, however, it may take some time to find.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the class registration process and not being able to get into the classes I need. Not being able to get into classes that I must have is especially frustrating to me because I am the type of person that hates to waste time and likes to complete what is most critical as quickly as possible. Having to wait an entire quarter or more to complete a class I know I must have is extremely frustrating to me and makes me feel like I am wasting my time and my parent’s money.

Financial aid and advising are always way more challenging of processes than they need to be, it takes forever every year to get details sorted out.

Hadley

The most frustrating thing about DU is that it often takes the administration a long time to act on things that the student body or the university community wants as a whole. Even if they want to make a change, it usually takes them so long that the people who enacted it cannot reap the benefits of the changes to the univeristy.

The University of Denver is a wonderful school. I have really enjoyed my educational experiance so far, however, the most frustrating thing about the University is the Greek life. I know that when sworn in the Fraternities and Sororities make pledges to the University and community at large, but I have yet to see any of them uphold outstanding moral character. Greek life originally had good intentions but it has become nothing more than a place to party.

The University of Denver is a business in itself. The amount of money we put into the school as students is ridiculous, the cost from books to meal plans are quite expensive and that's on top of an already pricey tuition. The facilities are all top notch so I understand why the little things are expensive too, I just wish the university was more willing to see the financial burden it is placing on many of its students, especially in this economy. I feel that the quality of my education is apparent, I just wish it was more afordable.

As I have always placed an extreme importance on my career as a student, I find it frustrating when many of my peers do not value academics as highly as I do. Furthermore, it is extremely irritating when some of these individuals try to make me feel as if I have no social life because of my devotion to my studies. However, I find comfort in the fact that I truly enjoy learning and doing well in all that I strive to do.

Adrienne

A lot of students at DU come from a lot of money, and have never really had to work for anything, or overcome any drastic challenges, or have had radically different experiences. It's hard having to work so hard just to pay for school when surrounded by people who don't have to. A lot of money is thrown around this campus.

So far there hasn't been anything frustrating about my school.

Kierra

One of the most frustrating things about my school would probably be the academics. It's extremely rigorus and although there are many resources throughout campus that will help you succeed, it's still extremely difficult to balance a giant work load and a bunch of extracurricular activities. However, once you're able to do that, then you should be alright. The class sizes are small, but sometimes you can get caught in a classroom with over 100 people, and the attention you might desire from your professor may be extremely hard to obtain.

Craig

On campus, there is not a entrenched climate in pursuit of Inclusive Excellence. This has resulted in the formation of an alliance between groups: an alliance which is comprised of predominately racial minorities. In the past couple of years, this alliance, named the "One Community", has grown in size, yet, it still seems that it is just the minorities advocating for Inclusive Excellence. This has also resulted in a divided campus, oftentimes between Greek Life and the One Community. This a persistent struggle for the One Community because it should not be just the racial minorities promoting an inclusive campus.

Lack of communication. Teacher- Student, Finanical aid- Student etc.

I work with the sustainability committee to get better food in our cafeterias, and they have a 7 year contract with Sodexo, who is not very willing to work on issues I percieve as those that affect student health and ethical problems. There is a lot of bureaucracy here, and they overcharge for housing fees and books in the bookstore. Trying to change things for the better sometimes feels like banging my head against a wall.

Diversity and parking

The most frustration thing about my school is the lack of financial diversity, or diversity in general for that matter. There is a lot of rich people at this school, which can be frustrating because they don?t understand and sometime stop being friends with a person because they do not have as much money as their family, or they have to work through school. I feel it is a learning process and helps a person to grow by learning from people who are different. The University of Denver needs to teach its students acceptance of those who are different.

Valerie

The need for financial aid. This school is very expensive and hard to afford.

stephanie

The cost

Huy

the cost of tuition

Sometimes it is difficult to get help from administrative staff.

Herbert

Not enough diversity in students.

Mikayla

Class offerings during the quarters are not always in order, but this is very minor, considering the caliber of class topics, professors and students.