University of Dubuque Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Dubuque

Morgan

The University of Dubuque is a wonderful campus to be involved with. There are a ton of beautiful facilities including the Heritage Center, Stoltz Gym, and the Chalapty Football Field. The experience is relatively good, but that depends on the people you choose to surround your self with. I am part of the Spartan Basketball team, and it has taught me so much with in one year. I am grateful and blessed to be a Spartan!

The staff genuinely cares about you. It makes you feel like its home. There are some tough classes but it pushes you to be your best. They try and put on programs that many people like. They try and help those who need it where that is financially, with food or classes. They have your best interest in mind.

Reegan

The University of Dubuque is generally a good campus. There are a lot of people who are there for you and make you feel welcome. The campus is gorgeous, and there are plenty of things to do all the time. Some of the down sides are that the shops around it aren't great. Also, this could be a good thing for some people, but I find it a little to religiously oriented; for example, they have a religious requirement to graduate. All it is. is taking a class or two that discuss religions around the worl or how they apply to sports.

Alexa

It is a great place to be and academics here are very strong! The professors are all wonderful and want the best for every individual! They are very flexible as well. Class sizes are perfect to get the help and attention you may need. Overall it is a great campus!

Joseph

I think the University of Dubuque is a well rounded university that can deliver all your needs for a private college and for you to further your education. It is a very friendly environment and very diverse which allows you to learn about others cultures and hobbies. The food is very good for being a college and there are many things to do on campus and off. It is next to a great old town and a very well populated college town. They support everyone and about 50% of the people play a sport. You have access to everything you need and more! Only downside is the price...

Keily

I think that the campus and factually are extremely nice and welcoming. It has a home feel and that is what makes it comfortable. I like that everyone on campus allows us to be ourselves and that it is open to anyone. The campus is extremely diverse.

Andrew

I enjoy attending University of Dubuque. The staff is excellent, you will get to know your professors and they will help you as best they can. The cafeteria has good quality food but it is usually the same thing on every day of the week. Campus is a little further away from shops and restaurants than I would like to see but the public transport is free with the use of a student ID. I would defiantly recommend having a car though especially if you are going to be a flight student.

Bryana

It is a good school depending on what type of degree your seeking out. They have strong grauduate programs and a beautiful friendly campus. This school is very sports friendly, and has many facilities dedicated to athletics. The professors are easy to speak with, and the class sizes are very small.

Mariah

My overall opinion about University of Dubuque, would have to be abysmal. My experience here has been the worst time being. I feel as if staff personally doesn't care about the students, just as long as they getting their money they're satisfied. University has had so many controversial acts on campus but nothing was done. Its almost as if something goes on then the University just brushes it off like it means nothing to the community. University of Dubuque food is terrible, rooming is horrible, and the staff they're decent but not the best. Academically, they're good, based on class sizes being small and all, is better because the professor acknowledges the students individually. Overall, the University Of Dubuque is a 3/10 and that's just my opinion.

Keily

I love the school and the campus. It is not too big and not too small. It makes me safe and comfortable and that nothing bad is going to ever happen. It is also nice because the school is close to a lot of restaurants and places to shop. The environment s very welcoming and warm.

It's small and easy to navigate around. People on campus are helpful and are willing to give a helping hand even without being asked. There's a great amount of diversity and everyone has their own unique background. Campus housing is nice and there are some parties on weekends and there's always an on-campus activity going on at least once a week.

Nikki

As a transfer student not knowing what living on​ campus felt like, I am happy I decided to come to this school that is three hours away from home. I have gotten such a great experience with the school, I love it so far I have three more years here and I am looking up for it.

Isaiah

University of Dubuque is a really diverse school in a small town. This is an excellent university when it comes to learning. As a student we get a variety of resources to help us succeed in and out of the classroom. The staff do their best to reach the students anyway they can. University of Dubuque have done an awesome Job with their facilities. There are main attractions that not only draw students here but also draw people outside of the campus towards our natural sites.University of Dubuque did an excellent job in hiring the right staff. Many vigorous classes challenges students to learn, and with the right set of programs and faculty this university was designed for students to succeed.

Melanie

I love the homey atmosphere and small class sizes .The professors and staff are readily available whether in person or via email/text .Although the food is not the greatest there are abundant varieties to choose from .The surrounding community is very artsy with lots of activities .

Harli

I absolutely love the school, I felt completely safe while visiting. Our tour guide was a student from the school and had given tons of information input the school and what activities most people are involved in. While I was there I had the change to try their food, which was absolutely delicious. I had also met with a nursing professor at the university who had given a lot of insight into their program.

It is a very great school to get your degree with a few different options on getting that degree. The multiple cafeterias, theater, and sporting venues make this college a great place to learn! Teachers are open to hearing suggestions, and having intelligent conversations about whatever topic is brought up.

Paris

The cost could be better, it was hard for me to afford semester to semester due to it being so high. Academics were okay could've been better, the professors tend to forget who you are due to having so many students. Then athletics is probably one of the best things that the school has.

Kaitlyn

I have visited the University of Dubuque 3 times. I have committed to play Basketball and Track and I am extremely excited. The athletic programs there are top notch, I wouldn't even consider it a D-3 college. Academic wise, the professors will take the time to know you. They have office hours where you can meet with them outside of the classroom. Also, each major has a 'head' professor and they contain all the knowledge on that department. This university is the school to attend. It feels like home and the people are very friendly.

TaDazja

Overall it is a great school.

Malik

Throughout my years at the University of Dubuque, I thought that a small private college would work best for me and my academics. I was right and wrong at the same time; I was right because I can get all attention from the professor I need to understand an assignment. However, I was wrong because the college would cost the same as a division 1 or 2 that is larger. The professors of the school that I work with are genuine and kind both in and out of classroom settings. The school tries to be more diverse by accepting students from different backgrounds and nationalities, for example; Iran, Japan, Africa, Europe, possibly Australia, and etc. They strive to improve the school and have a larger accepts compared to most schools within the USA.